5 Best players in the league by position.

SenorGato

QB:

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rivers

Roethlisberger

RB:

Peterson

Johnson

Gore

Jackson

MJD

TE:

Gates

Witten

Gonzalez

Shiancoe

Clark

LT:

Roos

D'Brick (I'm a homer, but he's legit.)

Thomas

Long

Gross

LG:

Mankins

Hutchinson

Kemoeatu

Nicks

Bell

C:

Mangold

Saturday

Mack

Gurode

Hardwig

RG:

Evans

Joseph

Snee

Dahl

Moore

RT:

Oher/Gaither

Carey

Woody

Colombo

Brown (Cardinals)

WR:

AJ

Fitzgerald

CJ

Moss

Wayne

4-3 DE:

Allen

Peppers

Williams

Tuck

Freeney/COle

3-4 DE:

Ngata

Seymour

Dockett

Smith (Steelers)

Haynesworth

4-3 DT:

K. Williams

P. Williams

Bunkley

Harris

Mebane

3-4 NT:

Wilfork

Ngata

Hampton

Peko

Jenkins

3-4 OLB:

Ware

Suggs

Pace

Woodley

Harrison

4-3 MLB:

Beason

Urlacher

Tatupu

Ryans

Henderson

3-4 ILB:

Willis

Lewis

Scott

Timmons

Harris

4-3 OLB:

Cushing

Howard

Davis

Hill

Black

CB:

Revis

Aso

Samuels

Bailey

Woodson

S:

Reed

Troy P.

Wilson

Rolle

Dawkins

Kinda weak...I really should stop handing in bad work.

Is this current best, or career accomplishment? If its current youre missing Aaron Rodgers. Dbrick over McKinnie? Um, no. WR Im taking Marshall or Desean Jackson over Moss. Vilma over Urlacher. Rivers over any 4-3 OLB on the list. Tracy Porter over Asante Samuel. Harris, Timmons and Scott are good, but two of them have to make room for DJ Williams and Karlos Dansby. I'll take Bethea over Rolle and Michael Griffin over Brian Dawkins. Other than that I think its a solid list :cheers:.

Your WR category sucks.

Moss? Really, Over Brandon Marshall? Over Wes Welker?

The rest is cool, though I dont know how you have Haynesworth as your top 3-4 DE. Maybe im missing something here but the Skins played a 4-3 defense didnt they?

Randy Moss is significantly better than two possession receivers. Moss has 47 TDs in the last three years, Marshall and Welker have 38 combined.

Scoring wins football games. Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>> Marshall and Welker.

Randy Moss is significantly better than two possession receivers. Moss has 47 TDs in the last three years, Marshall and Welker have 38 combined.

Scoring wins football games. Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>> Marshall and Welker.

But Wes Welker is white and gritty.

All kidding aside, Welker is a beast and you really can't go wrong with either of the Pats receivers.

On to my players...

Manning

Brees

Rivers

Roethlisberger

Brady

Peterson

Johnson

Rice

MJD

Steven Jackson

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitz

Brandon Marshall

Wes/Moss

Gates

Shiancoe

Witten

Celek

Davis

Ferguson

Long

Oher

Thomas

Clady

Evans

Mankins

whocares

whocares

whocares

Mangold

Saturday

Mawae

Koppen

whocares

-------

Ray Lewis

Patrick Willis

Beason

Harris

Dansby

Ware

Harrison

Woodley

Suggs

Dumervil

Jenkins

Ngata

Wilfat

Hampton

Ratliff

Seymour

Williams

Allen

Orakpo

Peppers

Revis

Asomugha

Bailey

Woodson

Hall

Reed

Polamalu

Wilson

Meriweather

Darren Sharper

---------

Did a 3-4 defense and yeah I plugged in some 4-3 DEs.

For anyone who rates Brandon Marshall as one of the top five receivers in the game - don't be fooled by fantasy stats. Marshall's YPC has dropped every year he's been in the league. He is a possession receiver.

Reggie Wayne is a significantly more dangerous receiver than Marshall. Look at their last three seasons:

Marshall: 310 receptions, 3710 yards, 11.97 YPC, 23 TD.

Wayne: 286 receptions, 3919 yards, 13.7 YPC, 26 TD.

The only advantage Marshall has over Wayne is youth. Wayne is significantly more explosive and has a much better attitude.

Marshall is Keyshawn II. He is a very nice player to have on your team but he doesn't strike fear into the heart of a defense.

D'Brick is neither the best nor the second best LT in the NFL. If he thinks he is, he's gone when his next contract comes due.

If you were referring to my post, my list is in no specific order.

For anyone who rates Brandon Marshall as one of the top five receivers in the game - don't be fooled by fantasy stats. Marshall's YPC has dropped every year he's been in the league. He is a possession receiver.

Reggie Wayne is a significantly more dangerous receiver than Marshall. Look at their last three seasons:

The only advantage Marshall has over Wayne is youth. Wayne is significantly more explosive and has a much better attitude.

Marshall is Keyshawn II. He is a very nice player to have on your team but he doesn't strike fear into the heart of a defense.

Yes. Reggie Wayne has Peyton Manning throwing him the ball while Marshall had Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler. :rolleyes:

Next.

Maybe his YPC dropped b/c he was catching passes from Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Maybe Reggie Wayne is a possession WR also, and maybe his QB happens to be one of the greatest of all time while BMarsh has had an INT machine and a girlie armed guy as his QBs. Wayne is a better route runner, and he has slightly better hands, but he doesnt present anywhere near the number of problems as Marshall does. Dont let Peyton Manning affect your opinion on this one.

So you think he'll be even worse with Chad Henne then?

Marshall's stats had not significantly dropped off from Cutler to Orton.

Why would they drop from Orton to Henne? Henne is better than Kyle Orton.

Maybe his YPC dropped b/c he was catching passes from Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Maybe Reggie Wayne is a possession WR also, and maybe his QB happens to be one of the greatest of all time while BMarsh has had an INT machine and a girlie armed guy as his QBs. Wayne is a better route runner, and he has slightly better hands, but he doesnt present anywhere near the number of problems as Marshall does. Dont let Peyton Manning affect your opinion on this one.

Not for nothin' but go look at Calvin Johnson's numbers and then look at who he's been catching passes from the past three years.

QB is a convenient excuse when you're not getting the job done. Not to for nothing but Cutler is better than Henne and it ain't close. A QB throwing INTs is going to have absolutely zero effect on a receiver's yards per catch. But if you want to use that an an excuse for Marshall go ahead and look at Henne's numbers over the last four or five games of last year and then pray that the trend doesn't continue.

Marshall is Keyshawn Johnson. And just so you know, I think Johnson was the best possession receiver to ever play the game. If he played in another era, Keyshawn would be a surefire, first-ballot Hall of Famer. He is a nice player to have. Don't expect him to turn Henne into Marino though. Expect 85-100 10-12-yard catches and about 8 TDs.

Marshall's stats had not significantly dropped off from Cutler to Orton.

Why would they drop from Orton to Henne? Henne is better than Kyle Orton.

It's also another new system. I also expect a drop off because Miami has a better running game than Denver did last year.

QB:

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rivers

Roethlisberger

RB:

Peterson

Johnson

Gore

Jackson

MJD

TE:

Gates

Witten

Gonzalez

Shiancoe

Clark

LT:

Roos

D'Brick (I'm a homer, but he's legit.)

Thomas

Long

Gross

LG:

Mankins

Hutchinson

Kemoeatu

Nicks

Bell

C:

Mangold

Saturday

Mack

Gurode

Hardwig

RG:

Evans

Joseph

Snee

Dahl

Moore

RT:

Oher/Gaither

Carey

Woody

Colombo

Brown (Cardinals)

WR:

AJ

Fitzgerald

CJ

Moss

Wayne

4-3 DE:

Allen

Peppers

Williams

Tuck

Freeney/COle

3-4 DE:

Ngata

Seymour

Dockett

Smith (Steelers)

Haynesworth

4-3 DT:

K. Williams

P. Williams

Bunkley

Harris

Mebane

3-4 NT:

Wilfork

Ngata

Hampton

Peko

Jenkins

3-4 OLB:

Ware

Suggs

Pace

Woodley

Harrison

4-3 MLB:

Beason

Urlacher

Tatupu

Ryans

Henderson

3-4 ILB:

Willis

Lewis

Scott

Timmons

Harris

4-3 OLB:

Cushing

Howard

Davis

Hill

Black

CB:

Revis

Aso

Samuels

Bailey

Woodson

S:

Reed

Troy P.

Wilson

Rolle

Dawkins

Kinda weak...I really should stop handing in bad work.

Not bad. Maybe I am a homer, but I would only put Willis ahead of Harris at 3-4 ILB. Also, I don't think there is any 3-4 NT better than Jenkins ... when he is healthy. Ngata is the only one close. If you are factoring in that he can't stay healthy - OK.

QB:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Philip Rivers

Ben Roethlisberger

RB:

Adrian Peterson

Chris Johnson

MJD

Ray Rice

DeAngelo Williams

TE:

Antonio Gates

Jason Witten

Tony Gonzalez

Todd Heap

Dallas Clark

T:

Joe Thomas

Jake Long

D'Brick

Sebastian Vollmer

Kareem McKenzie

G:

Jahri Evans

Logan Mankins

Chris Snee

Brandon Moore

Carl Nicks

C:

Nick Mangold (#1 By a country mile)

Shaun O'Hara

Matt Birk

Jeff Saturday

Ryan Kalil

WR:

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Steve Smith

4-3 DE:

Jared Allen

Dwight Freeney

Mario Williams

Trent Cole

John Abraham

3-4 DE:

Justin Smith

Richard Seymour

Ty Warren

Shaun Ellis

Cullen Jenkins

DT/NT:

Albert Haynesworth

Kevin Williams

Haloti Ngata

Vince Wilfork

Kris Jenkins

3-4 OLB:

DeMarcus Ware

Lamarr Woodley

James Harrison

Terrell Suggs

Jason Taylor

4-3 OLB:

Chad Greenway

Keith Bullock

Brian Cushing

Daryl Smith

Keith Rivers

ILB:

Patrick Willis

Ray Lewis

Bart Scott

E.J Henderson

Jonathan Vilma

CB:

Darelle Revis

Nnamdi Asomugha

Charles Woodson

Champ Bailey

Antoine Winfield

S:

Ed Reed

Troy Polamalu

Darren Sharper

Brandon Meriweather

Brian Dawkins

Adrian Peterson may be really awesome in Madden, but he puts the ball on the carpet way too often in real life.

I know how good he is "supposed" to be, but we rarely see it.

Meanwhile, Chris Johnson is the best RB in football right now... and deserves credit for it.

When Adrian Peterson reaches 2,000 yards then we can talk.

Your WR category sucks.

Moss? Really, Over Brandon Marshall? Over Wes Welker?

The rest is cool, though I dont know how you have Haynesworth as your top 3-4 DE. Maybe im missing something here but the Skins played a 4-3 defense didnt they?

...Seriously? Randy Moss sh*ts on Brandon Marshall. Welker too to be honest...Edelman's probably going to do exactly what Welker did.

Haynesworth is playing 3-4 DE this year.

Is this current best, or career accomplishment? If its current youre missing Aaron Rodgers. Dbrick over McKinnie? Um, no. WR Im taking Marshall or Desean Jackson over Moss. Vilma over Urlacher. Rivers over any 4-3 OLB on the list. Tracy Porter over Asante Samuel. Harris, Timmons and Scott are good, but two of them have to make room for DJ Williams and Karlos Dansby. I'll take Bethea over Rolle and Michael Griffin over Brian Dawkins. Other than that I think its a solid list :cheers:.
- D'Brick > McKinnie. I have no issues with that one...D'Brick's a way better pass blocker.

- Randy Moss is a much better WR than Marshall or Jackson. Way better. I get that Moss is a Pat and that people call him lazy. I think he's the best play making WR of all time.

- I forgot Dansby...that's one of my favorite players too...Williams is underrated so sure why not.

- Griffin and Bethea are worthy of being on there, especially Griffin. I like Rolle alot.

Maybe I am a homer, but I would only put Willis ahead of Harris at 3-4 ILB.
Not even close...Harris isn't even the best ILB on his team. Dansby, Scott, and Lewis all deserve to be ranked over him.

Chad Greenway should be on my 4-3 OLBs list. Quincy Black is a nice player who's up and coming, but Greenway's arrived and been very, very good. The Vikings and Giants are probably the only 4-3s around now that I actually like...they could both pull off a 3 man front if they wanted and everyone was healthy.

Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL, but Peterson sucked me into his vortex way back when he was freshman in college. I feel bad for Gore and Jackson for being the only two true elite young workhorses in the league...their teams suck so they get no credit for it.

Vernon Davis should be a top 5 TE. I buy into him fully, and he's a devastating run blocker too.

Slats, IMO D'Brick is closer to being a top 3 LT than not. He's one of those players that's just going to be underrated until he's not...it happens all the time in the NFL (everyone wanted the Chiefs to take a LT when Brandon Albert is a perfectly fine LT)...D'Brick being a high first round pick playing in NY who didn't immediately set the league on fire fits the profile of someone who'll be ignored until our QB play picks up...then it's "omg how about some props for the guy protecting Sanchez?" D'Brick's shut down some pretty amazing pass rushers in his career and the only thing people can say about him is that he's not a dominant run blocker. Oh yea, and he hasn't started a Pro Bowl.

The decline in YPC last season can easily be attributed to losing Cutler and Shanahan in favor of scrubs like Orton and McDooshnozzle.

I agree Moss is still better than Marshall but Marshall's stats cannot be argued with. And he's not Keyshawn II. Marshall is a faster and more dynamic receiver than Keyshawn ever was.

And to criticize putting a possession wr top 5 and then saying Welker is better is a bit contradictory. Plus I doubt Welker will ever be the same player after his knee injury.

...Seriously? Randy Moss sh*ts on Brandon Marshall. Welker too to be honest...Edelman's probably going to do exactly what Welker did.

Haynesworth is playing 3-4 DE this year.

Moss doesnt "****" on Marshall. You're buggin. And Edleman probably doing what Welker did is a possibility, but he hasnt done it. Also, if Marshall had another WR on the opposite side putting up stats like Welker imagine his stats with less double teams.

Or imagine having a QB like Brady or Manning. That's a legit factor.

considering Wes Welker's knee and Marshall's hips, i have no problem with that rankings

So are you saying that if Welker didnt have the knee injury you could see the list being different? As for Marshall's hips....it wasnt even a serious operation and Marshall has had this issue yet has had great seasons for 3 straight years. It hasnt limited him. At the end of the day he's putting up numbers and I think Moss age at this point in time is more relevant than Marshalls hips.

Im sorry, I just dont see how Marshall is in one breath arguably the best WR in the league yet he isnt on the majority of peoples top 5.

I see your point about Wayne. There is some validity there, though having Peyton in comparison to Cutler/Orton should also be recognized as well. However, I cant see how Randy Moss, a freak of nature, but at the very same time a player who takes off numerous plays where teammates have said it anonomously as well as defenders from other teams. I cant see how this dude is top 5 talent with that M.O. and at 33 years old. Marshall should have been able to slip into a top 5 if thats the case.

Moss doesnt "****" on Marshall. You're buggin. And Edleman probably doing what Welker did is a possibility, but he hasnt done it. Also, if Marshall had another WR on the opposite side putting up stats like Welker imagine his stats with less double teams.

Or imagine having a QB like Brady or Manning. That's a legit factor.

Randy Moss = First ballot HOF.

Brandon Marshall = Nobody with talent and anger issues.

Not for nothin' but go look at Calvin Johnson's numbers and then look at who he's been catching passes from the past three years.

QB is a convenient excuse when you're not getting the job done. Not to for nothing but Cutler is better than Henne and it ain't close. A QB throwing INTs is going to have absolutely zero effect on a receiver's yards per catch. But if you want to use that an an excuse for Marshall go ahead and look at Henne's numbers over the last four or five games of last year and then pray that the trend doesn't continue.

Marshall is Keyshawn Johnson. And just so you know, I think Johnson was the best possession receiver to ever play the game. If he played in another era, Keyshawn would be a surefire, first-ballot Hall of Famer. He is a nice player to have. Don't expect him to turn Henne into Marino though. Expect 85-100 10-12-yard catches and about 8 TDs.

Not getting the job done? LMAO. Whats the job, catching less than 100 balls? In that case, yeah, Marsh hasnt been getting the job done for the last three years. Cutler is better than Henne at what? Throwing INTs? Taking sacks? Getting schooled by one of the best offensive minds (Shanahan) in the game? I'm not seeing oyur point here at all.

It shouldnt be hard to understand how a WR playing with Peyton Manning is in a better situation to succeed than a WR playing w/ Cutler, Orton or Simms. Or that a WR in a west coast offense may have lower ypc numbers than a WR on a team that seeks to go downfield for big plays. ALOT of Marsh's catches are simple screens and hitches where he has to get all of the yards on his own, thats a factor as well.

Comparing Kewshawn and Marsh is laugh out loud funny. I wont even go there :rolleyes:.

The key to winning football games on a consistent basis is to have a great posession WR and Brandon Marshall is the best in the NFL at moving the chains.

Big play Recievers are not nearly as valuable because bing plays just dont happen on a regular basis. You Refrence Key and its a good comparison but look at where the Jets Offense went after Key was traded, a continous downward spiral and since he was never replaced it severely hurt out teams chances at winning a SB. Our WR situation was our single biggest problem for years and nothing was ever done about it.

Maybe I am just saying this cause I live near the Bay and 49ers are my second team..

But no love for Vernon Davis?

Davis is next. He's definitely getting into the top tier of TEs. He's one of the best run blockers in the league too.

i'll rank the 2 most important positions

QB:

P. Manning

Brees

Brady

Favre

E. Manning (I could easily see the argument for Big Ben but he's one more rape away from being kicked out of the NFL)

WR:

Cotchery

C Johnson

Fitzgerald

A Johnson

Wayne

every other position is irrelevant in today's modern-day pass crazy NFL

hmm

Just to add I think that Moss is 1B to Rice's 1A as far as WRs go. If I had to pick between those two for one game I'd take Moss. I don't think any pass catcher has ever dominated a game like Moss at his best. I don't think it's coincidences that two of the most explosive passing offenses in history (the '98 Vikings and '07 Pats) both featured Moss.

Archived