PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

@ CTM- Can you explain to us again that win condition you had for the zombie game with BG?? Were you the survivor?

I had to be the last scum standing + had to out number townies.. So it basically had to be me and 1 other guy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been scum a lot. I understand bussing teammates, I don't understand the value of trying to kill them with an action. Is the idea to make one of your teammates a quasi-confirmed innocent? This early? That seems like a desperation play to me, not the first attempted kill of the game.

Really think this idea of multiple, individual predators is way off the wall, too.

Movie fans: Were the predators a team in the movies, or were they individuals who also hunted each other?

Slats, i'm saying if they had some kind of assurances that he'd live. Wasting a NK for a confirmed innocent, particularly one that will stay below the radar is not a bad idea..

Not interested enough to vote though apparently :rolleyes:

I'll take subtle momentum post for $100 Alex.

+1 Nice way to push people to jump onto a train without actually voting. CTM's response to you Pac:

oh man are you teh ghey

and i agree.. not a vig

Completely ignores the point Pac makes. You think its something you'd do as scum but don't think enough of the theory you put forward to place a vote?

I'm saying if i knew dpr would be name dropping and my guy had a vest, i might consider it..

More passive pushing of the idea of the missed shot on me being some type of gambit yet still no vote...

I'm saying if i knew dpr would be name dropping and my guy had a vest, i might consider it..

And I would do the same. I'm not criticizing you for it or I28ing you about it.

I think Shutout is a good play here. We get information from his death and he's not a great loss anyway based on his production (no offense, Shutout. :))

I've been scum a lot. I understand bussing teammates, I don't understand the value of trying to kill them with an action. Is the idea to make one of your teammates a quasi-confirmed innocent? This early? That seems like a desperation play to me, not the first attempted kill of the game.

Really think this idea of multiple, individual predators is way off the wall, too.

Movie fans: Were the predators a team in the movies, or were they individuals who also hunted each other?

They were individuals in the movie.

In fact, in the Predator vs. Alien movie, the Predators were on a survivor type mission with 3 or 4 young predators who were sent to fight the Aliens. There would be only 1 winner in the end.

They live together as a hunting clan, but Predators are solitary hunters. That's where I get the idea of a bunch of solos. They don't hunt in teams.

And, I didn't come up with the CTMbuss argument. I came up solely with the solo argument.

So someone that we know isn't town wanted to kill Shutout and failed. And now we want to do their work for them? I don't like it. There are a lot of players left. If he were scum, it would be a move they would try later in the game, not on the first day, imo.

I had to be the last scum standing + had to out number townies.. So it basically had to be me and 1 other guy

Interesting that DPR seemed to be impressed by your play when discussing this last game. You've haven't been scum (non conversion) since he has been around. Would make sense for him to want to see what you can do first hand. So FOS you Mr. Smartypants.

So someone that we know isn't town wanted to kill Shutout and failed. And now we want to do their work for them? I don't like it. There are a lot of players left. If he were scum, it would be a move they would try later in the game, not on the first day, imo.

This is my exact reaction.

In the first movie. There was one Predator that Arnold beat, and it blew itself up. I don't think any others were shown in that movie.

In the 2nd movie, Danny Glover followed his one Predator back to the ship, and there were multiple. Glover defeated his Predator, and the others let him live... and rewarded him with an antique gun as though they were dishonored or something.

In both movies, there was ONE Predator that actively pursued the victims / hero.

If I remember correct, they didn't kill pregnant women. Only men - weak men got skinned and hung upside down, and tough opponents were made into trophies.

My memory of both is spotty, its been a while.

I haven't seen the AVP movies.

Interesting events. I have my eye one person in particular, but I'd rather not spill that just yet. Like someone said, it's a great way to get nked n1. Besides, if I don't say anything, they might give me a little more to work with.

Also, I would caution you guys not to confuse different with scummy. I play differently than you do, and took a ton of heat for it last game. (Where, yes, I was scum, but trust me, I play more or less the same way as town.) I'm expecting to die early in my first 5 or so games here, until you learn this for yourselves, but a girl can try.

I just have one thing to add - if DPR confirms anyone innocent or anything else, I'm pretty sure the OP would reflect it. When Shutout was shot at, that's the first thing I checked. Can you confirm that you would do that, Wes?

The OP would indeed reflect that, but I won't be confirming anyone's innocence.

On the other hand, I will confirm that the Predators are all mafia.

The first and second movie had one Predator. The others have had groups of Predators - but for our purposes, this game will follow a mafia format above the movie plot lines. That's all I can really say.

In the first movie. There was one Predator that Arnold beat, and it blew itself up. I don't think any others were shown in that movie.

In the 2nd movie, Danny Glover followed his one Predator back to the ship, and there were multiple. Glover defeated his Predator, and the others let him live... and rewarded him with an antique gun as though they were dishonored or something.

In both movies, there was ONE Predator that actively pursued the victims / hero.

If I remember correct, they didn't kill pregnant women. Only men - weak men got skinned and hung upside down, and tough opponents were made into trophies.

My memory of both is spotty, its been a while.

I haven't seen the AVP movies.

Neither of the bolded will be taking place. None of the Predators currently watchinh you have any intention of letting you live. And, I'm assuming that all of you are on birth control...heh

+1 Nice way to push people to jump onto a train without actually voting. CTM's response to you Pac:

Completely ignores the point Pac makes. You think its something you'd do as scum but don't think enough of the theory you put forward to place a vote?

More passive pushing of the idea of the missed shot on me being some type of gambit yet still no vote...

Dude.. I'm voting who is my favorite for scum atm. I'm simply not discounting SMC's non convential play.. You and pac are out of control, earlier pac accused me of hoping on jif's bandwagon when I was vote #2. I expect this from an obsessed tard like him, but not you..

Neither of the bolded will be taking place. None of the Predators currently watchinh you have any intention of letting you live. And, I'm assuming that all of you are on birth control...heh

I've imagined a LOT of things the past week or so...being a woman, much less pregnant is not one of them, thankfully :P

In other news, FOS anyone who's looking towards shutout right now. I'm not saying he's innocent at all, but seriously...we're not likely to get any info, and if we DID, it would most likely hurt us (town power role or something).

So CTM insinuates Shutout is part of a gambit, and actually scum... but doesn't vote for him...?

Shutout now calls CTM out.

I have no idea why Shutout was the target, the only thing I can come up with is that the scum have a watcher of some sort and they think he is roled up. (Watcher might not be the right role title, sorry in advance if this is normally a town role, but scum had a similar role in star wars game.)

The subtle nudges from CTM feel like scum pick the guy known for shepherding to still try to see if they can get the guy they missed with the attack.

I can see where this is going and personally, I think its less risky to lynch CTM to get insight into Shotout's alignment - just in case the scum is after shutout because he is roled.

Culture and history

"The Predator society builds sophisticated spaceships, yet they should not look as sleek and hi-tech as a Star Wars stormtrooper. They are a tribal culture, yet their look should not be as primitive as the orcs from Lord of the Rings. They are also a warrior culture, so the ornate cannot conflict with the practical."Alec Gillis on Predator designs.[17] Predator culture revolves around the hunting and stalking of dangerous lifeforms. After making a kill, Predators typically skin or decapitate the carcass, converting it into a trophy. Failure in a hunt results in the Predator involved committing an honorable suicide.[1] It is often alluded to that the reason Predators hunt is not for sustenance or elimination of threats, but as entertainment, as they will only attack life forms that have the ability to provide them with a challenge.

I can see where this is going and personally, I think its less risky to lynch CTM to get insight into Shotout's alignment - just in case the scum is after shutout because he is roled.

lol.. and what will my alignment tell you of shutout's?

And I would do the same. I'm not criticizing you for it or I28ing you about it.

I think Shutout is a good play here. We get information from his death and he's not a great loss anyway based on his production (no offense, Shutout. :))

unvote

vote: SMC

Didn't like the fourth vote you placed on Brett earlier that you tried to play off as the second vote on him. You seem to be coming up with the wildest theories about game set-up before we've even had one night of any action, and now you think the "good play" is taking out a predator's day kill attempt on the -IMHO- extremely remote chance that they shot at themselves.

Don't like any of it.

Dude.. I'm voting who is my favorite for scum atm. I'm simply not discounting SMC's non convential play.. You and pac are out of control, earlier pac accused me of hoping on jif's bandwagon when I was vote #2. I expect this from an obsessed tard like him, but not you..

Out of control? Really? Two posts combined between the two of us noticing the same thing and we're out of control? Bit of an overreaction don't ya think.

Just calling it like I see it. You commented on the idea multiple times to keep it out there but didn't actually vote for it. Just seems like maybe you want others to buy into the theory without actually having to get your hands dirty is all.

lol.. and what will my alignment tell you of shutout's?

If you are innocent, it'll tell me all my theories are effing wrong.

More importantly... If you are scum, then I'll feel 99% sure that shutout is town.

Out of control? Really? Two posts combined between the two of us noticing the same thing and we're out of control? Bit of an overreaction don't ya think.

Just calling it like I see it. You commented on the idea multiple times to keep it out there but didn't actually vote for it. Just seems like maybe you want others to buy into the theory without actually having to get your hands dirty is all.

This.

Maybe I'll let you keep pressing this, I believe in it... but when I say it, it gets chalked up as "crazy monkey poo guy" and people actually turn their attention elsewhere... which is why CTM is so ****ing dangerous.

unvote

Didn't like the fourth vote you placed on Brett earlier that you tried to play off as the second vote on him. You seem to be coming up with the wildest theories about game set-up before we've even had one night of any action, and now you think the "good play" is taking out a predator's day kill attempt on the -IMHO- extremely remote chance that they shot at themselves.

Don't like any of it.

It really is low-lying fruit.

Surprised no one really has commented on my view on Smashmouth. Guess no one things it's really important.

Unvote

The OP would indeed reflect that, but I won't be confirming anyone's innocence.

On the other hand, I will confirm that the Predators are all mafia.

The first and second movie had one Predator. The others have had groups of Predators - but for our purposes, this game will follow a mafia format above the movie plot lines. That's all I can really say.

Those of us who are town are getting valuable mod assistance here.

All predators are mafia. Therefore shutout was targeted by mafia. Mafia formats have always involved a mafia team in any game I've read or been a part of.

If any third parties come to light, they will not be predators.

unvote

Don't like any of it.

I can understand that.

But so we're clear: as to the last point--again--it was CTM who said that it could be bussing. Anybody who ever been mafia with CTM knows he loves bussing teammates, so that idea is probably natural to me.

I was thinking that Shutout was a Predator and the one who shot him was an oposing Predator. So if you're going to criticize me about a theory, criticize me for my own theory and not someone else's.

No, not really. The accusations are ridiculous.

Multiple times to keep putting it out there? Please give examples..

In reality, i responded to SMC saying that I had similiar thoughts to him, and then I corrected Slats retelling of what opinion I offered. That's it. Outside of that, I didn't even address the topic in responding to you or pac's exxagerations about how I'm trying to "keep it out there".

Those of us who are town are getting valuable mod assistance here.

All predators are mafia. Therefore shutout was targeted by mafia. Mafia formats have always involved a mafia team in any game I've read or been a part of.

If any third parties come to light, they will not be predators.

Yes, seeing DPR's post makes it clear that there is a mafia team. As such, the solo setup wouldn't work (but it does give me a heck of an idea for a game setup).

If you are innocent, it'll tell me all my theories are effing wrong.

More importantly... If you are scum, then I'll feel 99% sure that shutout is town.

lol.. you and pac are cute, how quickly you figure it all out.

Surprised no one really has commented on my view on Smashmouth. Guess no one things it's really important.

Unvote

Don't worry my multi-cultural friend -- I did, and agree with you. We haven't exactly seen much in terms of a response though, unfortunately

Unvote

Yeah, you're right. Anyone's who's been scummy in three different ways on D1 couldn't possibly be scum. It's too easy.

I'm a little ashamed of myself right now.

I always think Smash is scummy. I'm not going to vote him off because he's not behaving in a scummy fashion on D1, though. I did note your views, however, and tucked them aside for later.

This.

Maybe I'll let you keep pressing this, I believe in it... but when I say it, it gets chalked up as "crazy monkey poo guy" and people actually turn their attention elsewhere... which is why CTM is so ****ing dangerous.

It's crazy monkey poop no matter who is flinging it.

I always think Smash is scummy. I'm not going to vote him off because he's not behaving in a scummy fashion on D1, though. I did note your views, however, and tucked them aside for later.

OMG, you are pushing a train and not voting. You are so scum, I'm 99% sure now

Deep thoughts by Hessstation: voting for Shutout is stupid.

I agree with this as well. It does not mod confirm shutout but that does not mean you have to lynch shutout because of it. Like sharrow alluded to why the hell are people trying to do the work the predators failed to do?

Did it ever occur to people that predators might be like wtf why didn't shutout die? And are now trying to get a lynch out of him or bait a reveal?

Not clearing shutout is what occurred. assuming we have a pred vs pred situation is different and is a train of logic coming out of nowhere in general for me. It might turn out to be pred vs pred but i don't see where people just assume that is the case and try to test shutout.

Also jack handey is awesome.

Archived