PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I am letting all of you know I am alive, barely after today. >.<

I don't have energy for the computer tonight, but I will check in tomorrow having fully reread the thread, when I get a chance. Most likely after 6pm est.

lol, good luck with that. Better drink some of that 6 hour **** before that endeavor.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah, I was off graduating from college today, and I'll be sporadic at best from Friday-Sunday as I'll be out of town then too, but my eyes are glazing over and I'm about halfway through catching up on the game. I'll post tomorrow morning after I've caught up.

Blah, I was off graduating from college today, and I'll be sporadic at best from Friday-Sunday as I'll be out of town then too, but my eyes are glazing over and I'm about halfway through catching up on the game. I'll post tomorrow morning after I've caught up.

College graduation on a wednesday? Thats weird. Congrats though man

Not sure what to make of the Hunt scene. The only times I've ever seen mid day scenes were

a) conversions (already been mod confirmed that it isn't happening)

B) As someone already mentioned JVORs superhero game with Bleedin as Wolverine the day vigilante

Of course between the mod confirming no conversions and the scene making it blatantly obvious the Predators are hunting us in this instance. Maybe its something like they can attempt day kills but they're only a certain percent likely to succeed?

I REALLY wasn't going to say anything, because the last time I tried to explain something about the mod, I got called scummy, but maybe if this proves to be true, you might accept the other.

I've seen DPR do this many times. It's usually just for dramatic effect. He often tells us how we're all going to die, etc. It's just for fun. Of course, this could be the one time he does something different.....lol. I can only tell you what I know, you know?

Please keep in mind - the scum knows what's going on. I'm trying to help the town understand. If I was scum, I'd be off somewhere laughing too hard to type, I promise you.

I ought to let that thought entertain you for a while.....

But honestly, I'm not into incest - or girls, usually. ;-)

This right here is mildly disappointing for me Lily...

Well the ridiculousness that has been the last few pages should make the new players from DM feel welcome.

Hi guys/gals!

Yeeeeah, understatement, but I kind of expected it.

I dont' think Lily is flirting nearly enough to be scum.

Lils, you REALLY need to be more fun over at DM!

Anywhoo, on to actual game related stuff.. First of all, you boys spam more than a Hawaiian at a luau when the smoked pork is all gone! I mean, come ON! 2/3 of those posts were just $*** back and forth! Wading through that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in a mafia game ;)

A couple people mentioned not wanting to guess at the odds of town/scum ratio. That is scummy in my experience as a player. Granted, I don't know how different things will be over here, but it is generally beneficial for the town to always think about their odds, and plan accordingly.

"They can hunt you, but they can be hunted in return" from a scene shows me either DPR is either really playing up how important the towns choices are (most likely) or that we have a vig on our side. I am not going to count out the idea of a vig, but whoever it is, I sure hope they know what they're doing. Vig can either make or break the odds for the town.

Lastly, the idea of a symp is not totally to be ruled out. DPR said you didn't need to knwo the movie to play the game, which means not everything will be PERFECT according to the movie. Just fyi.

:coff: Glad I didn't wait for DPR's other shoe to drop last night.

A couple people mentioned not wanting to guess at the odds of town/scum ratio. That is scummy in my experience as a player. Granted, I don't know how different things will be over here, but it is generally beneficial for the town to always think about their odds, and plan accordingly.

"They can hunt you, but they can be hunted in return" from a scene shows me either DPR is either really playing up how important the towns choices are (most likely) or that we have a vig on our side. I am not going to count out the idea of a vig, but whoever it is, I sure hope they know what they're doing. Vig can either make or break the odds for the town.

Lastly, the idea of a symp is not totally to be ruled out. DPR said you didn't need to knwo the movie to play the game, which means not everything will be PERFECT according to the movie. Just fyi.

I don't think figuring odds is scummy, I'd just prefer to stay away from posts that just raise the paranoia level. To me, those are scummy posts. We've had the mod tell us that this is definitely not a conversion game, so we can safely assume a scum team of 5 or 6 in a 22 person game.

The source material should give some baseline info to help guess on whether there's a SK or 3rd party team - but I don't know the source material well enough at all to make that call.

And that's about as far as I want to go speculation-wise. Crazy ideas about scum or trying to guess town roles just helps the scum, IMHO. If there is a SK/3rd party or symp, then that should improve our odds of lynching one of them early. That would be good. I just think it would be wise to play the game straight until we have evidence that we need to change up that thinking.

Oh, and I live in PST, and my normal online times are after 5-6pm here, and 9-10 on nights that I work. Just so you guys know why I'm not around all the time with your EST.

With online times like that you should really have a fun time catching up on a full day's worth of verbal diarrhea every time you come back to the thread. As you've already noticed, this group isn't exactly the greatest when it comes to staying in topic.

You are the new editor of the JN Teh mafia zoo. I'm still the fat dude that rants when he's buzzed. That was amazing and you don't seem scummy to me yet, give it time.

I28 is being himself and Im sure thats exactly what he will do the day he's finally scum. (?) His big bully act is getting old, voteI28

Just waiting here to get a good look at you.

It's bad enough Hess, my Brother in 'Tard, is voting for me... but now Crusher, my Brother in Lard, is voting for me too???

With even less of a leg to stand on?

What do you want me to do now? Freak the **** out? I do that, and all these new ****ers are going to vote me in a heartbeat cause they don't know my schtickt.

I'm unsure of your motivation here Crush... almost like you are trying to harness the Hess train and goad me into getting myself lynched, when you know damn well I hunt scum with the best of 'em. So yeah... I'll give you the OMGUS this seems like a scummy vote retort... but I won't fall for this... no freak out fest from me.

I don't think figuring odds is scummy, I'd just prefer to stay away from posts that just raise the paranoia level. To me, those are scummy posts. We've had the mod tell us that this is definitely not a conversion game, so we can safely assume a scum team of 5 or 6 in a 22 person game.

The source material should give some baseline info to help guess on whether there's a SK or 3rd party team - but I don't know the source material well enough at all to make that call.

And that's about as far as I want to go speculation-wise. Crazy ideas about scum or trying to guess town roles just helps the scum, IMHO. If there is a SK/3rd party or symp, then that should improve our odds of lynching one of them early. That would be good. I just think it would be wise to play the game straight until we have evidence that we need to change up that thinking.

My guess is we have 15 town 5 scum almost def a SK with the last player possibly a Survivor type. My guess is there are weird roles on both sides, nonconventional. Also, there are predetors hunting ONE specific player right now. Maybe that player does or doesn't know he's being hunted. I think this plays into the game starting at night. Maybe they can only hunt during the day.

Interesting to see that through the night that there was no follow-up at all to the last scene DPR wrote. Makes me lean more towards a flavor post than anything. I think somebody mentioned earlier the possibility of a failed action, but given how detailed DPR has been in his scenes so far I would think that would be more apparent. However, he also seems to be trying to give us plenty of info to work with, so it's possible he's just giving us scenes that can help piece things together along the way. Something just to keep in the back of our minds.

Yeah but JiF look at the end of DPR's write up

That reads to me like Predators are the ones on the hunt here. Can't imagine there could be any successful outcome of a hunt that isn't a kill

I guess this might just be symantics issues here, but I'm scum "hunting"...so the IMO the Predators are hunting me and I'm hunting them.

I am letting all of you know I am alive, barely after today. >.<

I don't have energy for the computer tonight, but I will check in tomorrow having fully reread the thread, when I get a chance. Most likely after 6pm est.

You are barely alive in real life or in the game?

This right here is mildly disappointing for me Lily...

Yeeeeah, understatement, but I kind of expected it.

Lils, you REALLY need to be more fun over at DM!

Anywhoo, on to actual game related stuff.. First of all, you boys spam more than a Hawaiian at a luau when the smoked pork is all gone! I mean, come ON! 2/3 of those posts were just $*** back and forth! Wading through that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in a mafia game ;)

Welcome. Our spam is for the enjoyment of mankind. It may take a while to get used to it, but you will learn to love it and soon want to sleep with me.

I dont like discussing game set ups. Numbers, I'm good with, but set ups are bad IMO. Over here, it typically make things messy and the town starts chasing wild ideas and the scum sit back and watch them pick each other apart.

So DPR was yanking our chains? Go figure... maybe revenge for all the abuse he took last game.

May his monocle become irreversably stained.

Oh and

Unvote

Vote CTM

He's playing his lay low style most often utilized when he's scum and his momentum vote on JiF was kind of a head scratcher. Interesting how he floated away as soon as JiF had a good counter.

I'm generally a big fan of discussing set-ups. I feel it's a good way to get some baseline info on people. But I don't even know where to start in this one. DPR was kind enough to tell us not to worry about conversions, so that's something.

Not knowing the source material, I don't have any wild-ass theories to throw out there.

Smash?

That's my guess. That would also be a mod kindness. It would suck to be NK'd before the game even begins.

Contradict much? Mr. Love to talk about set ups suddenly wants nothing to do with it.

Hmmm?

Interesting to see that through the night that there was no follow-up at all to the last scene DPR wrote. Makes me lean more towards a flavor post than anything. I think somebody mentioned earlier the possibility of a failed action, but given how detailed DPR has been in his scenes so far I would think that would be more apparent. However, he also seems to be trying to give us plenty of info to work with, so it's possible he's just giving us scenes that can help piece things together along the way. Something just to keep in the back of our minds.

Possibly, but the day is still young. The actually kill could probably happen any time of the day.

Pure guess is that DPR is controlling the time of the game and that scene was a notification to the scum team that they can submit a day action for a kill or it was a notification to some town killing power to do the same, or both.

I guess this might just be symantics issues here, but I'm scum "hunting"...so the IMO the Predators are hunting me and I'm hunting them.

You are barely alive in real life or in the game?

Welcome. Our spam is for the enjoyment of mankind. It may take a while to get used to it, but you will learn to love it and soon want to sleep with me.

I dont like discussing game set ups. Numbers, I'm good with, but set ups are bad IMO. Over here, it typically make things messy and the town starts chasing wild ideas and the scum sit back and watch them pick each other apart.

Did you just call Adella fat? What a douche.

They scheduled a graduation during one of my games?

Current Vote Count:

Brett (3) - Pac, SMC, Jif

JVoR (1) - Avm

CTM (1) - JVoR

JiF (2) - Slats, CTM

I28 (2) - Hess, Crush

Lily (1) - Dan

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

Possibly, but the day is still young. The actually kill could probably happen any time of the day.

Pure guess is that DPR is controlling the time of the game and that scene was a notification to the scum team that they can submit a day action for a kill or it was a notification to some town killing power to do the same, or both.

Interesting theory and I hadn't thought of it like that. While the day is definitely young I figured if that was the precursor to an already submitted action (like your game), I figured it would have already happened. But the idea of it being a signal to certain players would obviously change that. It'll be interesting to see what other scenes show up by day's end, because if it's really not pure flavor I would expect there would still be more to come.

They scheduled a graduation during one of my games?

Current Vote Count:

Brett (3) - Pac, SMC, Jif

JVoR (1) - Avm

CTM (1) - JVoR

JiF (2) - Slats, CTM

I28 (2) - Hess, Crush

Lily (1) - Dan

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

I switched my vote Dean Koontz.

Contradict much? Mr. Love to talk about set ups suddenly wants nothing to do with it.

Hmmm?

No contradiction at all, except maybe if you're scum trying to manufacture one. ;)

There's a difference between talking about the odds, and talking about game set-ups, roles, etc. DPR's promised us a different kind of game than we're used to here, and I'm not going to be ready to start guessing at what those differences are until we see some hard evidence of them.

So DPR was yanking our chains? Go figure... maybe revenge for all the abuse he took last game.

May his monocle become irreversably stained.

Oh and

Unvote

Vote CTM

He's playing his lay low style most often utilized when he's scum and his momentum vote on JiF was kind of a head scratcher. Interesting how he floated away as soon as JiF had a good counter.

Please link said good counter, sherlock homo

Shutout did a fine enough job pointing out how it was obvious the predetors we're hunting us. Just like in the movie..

Interesting theory and I hadn't thought of it like that. While the day is definitely young I figured if that was the precursor to an already submitted action (like your game), I figured it would have already happened. But the idea of it being a signal to certain players would obviously change that. It'll be interesting to see what other scenes show up by day's end, because if it's really not pure flavor I would expect there would still be more to come.

The reason I distinguished it from what happened in the Thing and LOST game is this:

One of the soldiers has caught their attention, and as the team begins to move out, the Predators begin to follow you.

One of you has been chosen. The hunt is on.

The Predators have singled someone out and are hunting someone. It's not saying the hunt is over. So, technically, the hunt starts with this post and will be ongoing against this individual.

Thinking about it from WWDPRD, I saw this as a possible trigger notification telling scum and/or power roles to do something. We'll have to see.

CTM alluded to DPR having players doing certain tasks as the game progresses. I'm thinking this may be one of them.

The interesting this is that the person being hunted may or may not have any idea that he/she is the mark, which amps the tension.

With online times like that you should really have a fun time catching up on a full day's worth of verbal diarrhea every time you come back to the thread. As you've already noticed, this group isn't exactly the greatest when it comes to staying in topic.

Staying on topic? Or do you want to be IN it. Like a hairy butthole.

Hey JiF, this is the kind of post I'm staying away from for now:

The reason I distinguished it from what happened in the Thing and LOST game is this:

The Predators have singled someone out and are hunting someone. It's not saying the hunt is over. So, technically, the hunt starts with this post and will be ongoing against this individual.

Thinking about it from WWDPRD, I saw this as a possible trigger notification telling scum and/or power roles to do something. We'll have to see.

CTM alluded to DPR having players doing certain tasks as the game progresses. I'm thinking this may be one of them.

The interesting this is that the person being hunted may or may not have any idea that he/she is the mark, which amps the tension.

If the scum have submitted something on a townie, or a townie has a function to perform, they know about it - and I don't. If/when it happens, then I will know about it and I'll deal with it then.

Until then, I'm playing the game straight.

Archived