CTM (2) - JVoR, Pac

JiF (2) - Slats, CTM

I28 (2) - Hess, Crush

Lily (1) - Dan

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason I distinguished it from what happened in the Thing and LOST game is this:

The Predators have singled someone out and are hunting someone. It's not saying the hunt is over. So, technically, the hunt starts with this post and will be ongoing against this individual.

Thinking about it from WWDPRD, I saw this as a possible trigger notification telling scum and/or power roles to do something. We'll have to see.

CTM alluded to DPR having players doing certain tasks as the game progresses. I'm thinking this may be one of them.

The interesting this is that the person being hunted may or may not have any idea that he/she is the mark, which amps the tension.

I wondered the same thing when I read the scene the first time, whether the target knew it was them and if so, if a reveal would have any value to us. I didn't bring it up because between not knowing what was really happening and plus I figured unless the chosen does know about it and also has more info on what was going on, there's not much good that can come of it. If they don't know, last thing we want is the scum using it as a method to try to clear themselves (e.g., "I'm the hunted, so obviously I'm not scum!") with no counter.

I'm going to go ahead and place a vote.

Vote: AVM

Looking back at his posts something seems off to me. He's playing with a more subtle confidence than last game where he was a townie and was practically ready to throw in the towel because he felt he was so off. He put a vote on JVoR and cast suspicions onto CTM.

Both of those guys would be my targets if I was scum. Simply because I respect what they can do. Best I got for now.

Repped.

+1

Srsly? He just got repped 3 times for that post? Anyone else? Damn, ih8 him and want to take my rep back now.

Hey JiF, this is the kind of post I'm staying away from for now:

If the scum have submitted something on a townie, or a townie has a function to perform, they know about it - and I don't. If/when it happens, then I will know about it and I'll deal with it then.

Until then, I'm playing the game straight.

Fair enough and I get what you mean because I'm usually leading the charge on keeping the set ups hush hush, but you made a post stating that you "generally love to discuss set ups"...but dont think its a good call this game. Yet you then started to discuss game set ups by speculating about symp, sk, 3rd party, numbers etc.

The post then spawned Hess to start in with his wild speculations on the game too...so clearly, you were discussing set ups, after saying you wont and it spurred some else to as well...and low and behold, we have a set ups conversation.

Me no likey at all.

I wondered the same thing when I read the scene the first time, whether the target knew it was them and if so, if a reveal would have any value to us. I didn't bring it up because between not knowing what was really happening and plus I figured unless the chosen does know about it and also has more info on what was going on, there's not much good that can come of it. If they don't know, last thing we want is the scum using it as a method to try to clear themselves (e.g., "I'm the hunted, so obviously I'm not scum!") with no counter.

Im thinking that if the person doesn't know, if they have no protection he/she is essentially the walking dead, posting away while getting ready to die without knowing it. That's F'd up, but it does add DpRAMA.

If the scum have submitted something on a townie, or a townie has a function to perform, they know about it - and I don't. If/when it happens, then I will know about it and I'll deal with it then.

Until then, I'm playing the game straight.

Quite possibly. We don't know. I like trying to figure things out. DPR is a writer, correct? So I look at this as a mystery novel that we're trying to find out the ending before the characters in the book do.

But, of course, I play the game straight as well unless advised otherwise.

It's bad enough Hess, my Brother in 'Tard, is voting for me... but now Crusher, my Brother in Lard, is voting for me too???

With even less of a leg to stand on?

What do you want me to do now? Freak the **** out? I do that, and all these new ****ers are going to vote me in a heartbeat cause they don't know my schtickt.

I'm unsure of your motivation here Crush... almost like you are trying to harness the Hess train and goad me into getting myself lynched, when you know damn well I hunt scum with the best of 'em. So yeah... I'll give you the OMGUS this seems like a scummy vote retort... but I won't fall for this... no freak out fest from me.

Brother in lard, Brother in tard? rppd.

Don;t talk me about a leg to stand on you flea bitten knuckle dragging poo flinger.

You freak the **** out? Whats going to happen? You going to all of the sudden start treating people nicely rather than running around like a gigantic dickbag?

Don;t worry about my motivation bannana nut head.

Harness the Hess train? Not hardly. I don;t waste my time on short buses.

Goad you into getting lynched? No, Im a townie who is concerned about your ability to just pop from person to person like your above question. Ever since you've been the confirmed innocent in the Start Wars game you thump around these games like a primate Sheriff who flings poo rather than spit ta-backy.

I'm just going to keep an eye on you this game and make sure your not trying to ride your aggressive style to cruise as teh scum.

...but you made a post stating that you "generally love to discuss set ups"...but dont think its a good call this game. Yet you then started to discuss game set ups by speculating about symp, sk, 3rd party, numbers etc.

I was responding directly to Adella's post who mentioned all of those things, and said that not discussing "odds" was scummy in her opinion. I was trying to clarify the difference between discussing "odds" and "set-ups."

Looking back at his posts something seems off to me. He's playing with a more subtle confidence than last game where he was a townie and was practically ready to throw in the towel because he felt he was so off. He put a vote on JVoR and cast suspicions onto CTM.

Both of those guys would be my targets if I was scum. Simply because I respect what they can do. Best I got for now.

Or you're simply protecting those two players. Just saying.

Srsly? He just got repped 3 times for that post? Anyone else? Damn, ih8 him and want to take my rep back now.

Fair enough and I get what you mean because I'm usually leading the charge on keeping the set ups hush hush, but you made a post stating that you "generally love to discuss set ups"...but dont think its a good call this game. Yet you then started to discuss game set ups by speculating about symp, sk, 3rd party, numbers etc.

The post then spawned Hess to start in with his wild speculations on the game too...so clearly, you were discussing set ups, after saying you wont and it spurred some else to as well...and low and behold, we have a set ups conversation.

Me no likey at all.

FOS JiF for rep back power.

I was responding directly to Adella's post who mentioned all of those things, and said that not discussing "odds" was scummy in her opinion. I was trying to clarify the difference between discussing "odds" and "set-ups."

O.K. After reading it again, it was in response to her...but you were borderline speculating...you threw out enough for me to think it was a contradiction, but I'm not worried about it.

Honestly, I'm still concerned with Brett's...this isnt going to end well, the town is ****ed line.

Please link said good counter, sherlock homo

Shutout did a fine enough job pointing out how it was obvious the predetors we're hunting us. Just like in the movie..

This is what I'm talking about... 12 hours of silence then here within 5 minutes of when you got a vote on you.

You got abnormally defensive for what I intended to be a throw away comment, hopped on that Doosh JiF's train, and are now miraculously present within minutes of someone mentioning you.

That's as good to me as anything else I see going on.

Well its likely (haven't seen the movies but DPR said that didn't matter) that whoever they singled out to be "hunted" doesn't know they have been chosen. All of the town would be worried and jumping at every shadow but none would have any idea the predator things have already picked out the slow guy in the back. What do they do to the humans? Do they eat them? If so Crusher is in trouble if they are really hungry...

I like the added "flavor" like this in DPR's games. I literally got goosebumps reading that someone got targeted.:drama:

I have a feeling Jif is just gonna look fishy to me every game. I've come to accept it. If it's anything like how I am with certain players on DM I will become more worried when he DOESN'T seem fishy to me.

This is what I'm talking about... 12 hours of silence then here within 5 minutes of when you got a vote on you.

You got abnormally defensive for what I intended to be a throw away comment, hopped on that Doosh JiF's train, and are now miraculously present within minutes of someone mentioning you.

CTM is channeling Brettlejuice. *nods*

Brother in lard, Brother in tard? rppd.

Don;t talk me about a leg to stand on you flea bitten knuckle dragging poo flinger.

You freak the **** out? Whats going to happen? You going to all of the sudden start treating people nicely rather than running around like a gigantic dickbag?

Don;t worry about my motivation bannana nut head.

Harness the Hess train? Not hardly. I don;t waste my time on short buses.

Goad you into getting lynched? No, Im a townie who is concerned about your ability to just pop from person to person like your above question. Ever since you've been the confirmed innocent in the Start Wars game you thump around these games like a primate Sheriff who flings poo rather than spit ta-backy.

I'm just going to keep an eye on you this game and make sure your not trying to ride your aggressive style to cruise as teh scum.

You're gonna keep an eye on me? Well then... way to make a guy feel like the pull pork sandwich you decided not to order, but the guy at the table next you did...

You're gonna keep an eye on me? Well then... way to make a guy feel like the pull pork sandwich you decided not to order, but the guy at the table next you did...

What are you doing, EMO hunting???

Yeah, I mean, I generally sleep between 1am - 9am ish, it's soo odd that I'd not be responding in the middle of the night and then respond shortly after waking up. Soo suspicious....

Me no likey at all.

i noticed this to, but was going to let it bake for a bit..

Slats notice the butt rangers teaming up already .:character0293:

We might need to pay extra close attention to the votes this game its possible that has something to do with who the Predators choose. Who knows. :fighting0038:

If it helps, your muffin top repped me too... so that's 4. :P

:blowup:

I'm intrigued by this...

JiFruit >>> Doosh JiF

Well its likely (haven't seen the movies but DPR said that didn't matter) that whoever they singled out to be "hunted" doesn't know they have been chosen. All of the town would be worried and jumping at every shadow but none would have any idea the predator things have already picked out the slow guy in the back. What do they do to the humans? Do they eat them? If so Crusher is in trouble if they are really hungry...

I like the added "flavor" like this in DPR's games. I literally got goosebumps reading that someone got targeted.:drama:

I have a feeling Jif is just gonna look fishy to me every game. I've come to accept it. If it's anything like how I am with certain players on DM I will become more worried when he DOESN'T seem fishy to me.

You'll get over it...this is one of those puppy love deals where you think you hate me, but the next thing you know you want me and cant keep you hands off me.

Slats notice the butt rangers teaming up already .:character0293:

We might need to pay extra close attention to the votes this game its possible that has something to do with who the Predators choose. Who knows. :fighting0038:

Agreed. DPR's scene happens right after CTM vote on me and JiF's vote on brett. Feather in the cap is all.

Hmm, I see what you're saying and it's a smart play especially right now. My only beefs with it are I've more gone after JiF, not CTM. When I made my notice CTM has played like this a lot recently...I more meant he seems to be playing like that, well all the time recently. I don't agree that he's playing differently this game, but that doesn't clear him of suspicion any more than anyone else at this point. I decided against correcting anyone when I got the strong reactions I got. CTM is dangerous as scum as we all know, but a slight slip up as town makes him an easy target for the Predators in this game.

Anyways, moving on to game play. After JiF blowing up he calmed down pretty well, keeping a FOS there, but just the way everything has played out makes me look away from him, really.

As JVOR said earlier, I too feel there are a few I can feel good about, and a few that have given me a reason to watch closer. Among those is slats, honestly. Mostly joke posts, admitted his vote on JiF was a joke vote, and then a lot of deflection after that. Not a high volume of posts, so it's just striking me the wrong way. I'll put my vote there for now.

unvote

vote: slats

Hmm, I see what you're saying and it's a smart play especially right now. My only beefs with it are I've more gone after JiF, not CTM. When I made my notice CTM has played like this a lot recently...I more meant he seems to be playing like that, well all the time recently. I don't agree that he's playing differently this game, but that doesn't clear him of suspicion any more than anyone else at this point. I decided against correcting anyone when I got the strong reactions I got. CTM is dangerous as scum as we all know, but a slight slip up as town makes him an easy target for the Predators in this game.

Anyways, moving on to game play. After JiF blowing up he calmed down pretty well, keeping a FOS there, but just the way everything has played out makes me look away from him, really.

As JVOR said earlier, I too feel there are a few I can feel good about, and a few that have given me a reason to watch closer. Among those is slats, honestly. Mostly joke posts, admitted his vote on JiF was a joke vote, and then a lot of deflection after that. Not a high volume of posts, so it's just striking me the wrong way. I'll put my vote there for now.

unvote

slats and SMC both needed to claim themselves as "straight players". Somewhat deflecting any attention in a very subtle way. I also thought we were over the whole ghey conversion. I like the play on slats for now.

UNVOTE VOTE: slats

Please.

No fat guy can avoid cracking a smile at an order envy joke.

Actually I've ran that joke here a few times. It's a good one but everyone here knows if that happen my stealthy food snatching skills would end it as soon as the dummy had to go to the restroom. I've bought strangers large soda and huge beers before to get my chance to strike.

Among those is slats, honestly. Mostly joke posts, admitted his vote on JiF was a joke vote, and then a lot of deflection after that. Not a high volume of posts, so it's just striking me the wrong way. I'll put my vote there for now.

unvote

I suggest you reread when the meds wear off. I may not have a high volume in this game (which I said would be the case in the sign-up thread), but if you want to look at joke content, my percentages are probably a lot lower than most of the high volume posters in that category so far.

Early game votes rarely have anything to them, but I generally don't unvote until I find a place to move to. I'm looking at a few players, too, but choosing not to tip my hand too early this game. I have a tendency to get killed early in when I do. So I'm taking it all in. I'll be at work later, and hopefully I'll have a chance to read thru a couple players specifically.

slats and SMC both needed to claim themselves as "straight players". Somewhat deflecting any attention in a very subtle way. I also thought we were over the whole ghey conversion. I like the play on slats for now.

Lol you are such a crazy player but it makes fun.

Anyways, CTM is generally harder for me to read and i think he's smart enough to change up tells if you let him know about it. To me it is early to tell on him if he's playing funny since really we have had only mostly a spam day.

For now

Unvote ctm

vote lily

her vote and unvote on brett and the explanation of it was pretty weak to me.

FYI, the "straight" referred to does not concern alignment (scum/town) it concerns game dynamics. In other words, with DPR's scene but nothing else happening, you would play the game as if it's a normal game for now (i.e., straight) rather than if it was unconventional (i.e. "twists" and "turns" in the game).

I suggest you reread when the meds wear off. I may not have a high volume in this game (which I said would be the case in the sign-up thread), but if you want to look at joke content, my percentages are probably a lot lower than most of the high volume posters in that category so far.

Early game votes rarely have anything to them, but I generally don't unvote until I find a place to move to. I'm looking at a few players, too, but choosing not to tip my hand too early this game. I have a tendency to get killed early in when I do. So I'm taking it all in. I'll be at work later, and hopefully I'll have a chance to read thru a couple players specifically.

You and me both. I am constantly getting night shot in some form.

You seem stressed. We have plenty of ladies at camp who may give back rubs if you ask nicely. I can only give, and again... just saying.

What's the point of me defending two players, one who is usually public enemy #1 if they're my scum teammates?

When I've partnered with CTM I've ALWAYS cast suspicions from him and stayed away. JVoR is one of the best townies we got if he's town and I know when I'm scum he's one of my favorites to take out first.

It makes no sense to "defend" those two early on. It's a n00bish scum move to defend your scummates,

What's the point of me defending two players, one who is usually public enemy #1 if they're my scum teammates?

When I've partnered with CTM I've ALWAYS cast suspicions from him and stayed away. JVoR is one of the best townies we got if he's town and I know when I'm scum he's one of my favorites to take out first.

It makes no sense to "defend" those two early on. It's a n00bish scum move to defend your scummates,

Wait did my reference to you possibly off handedly sheilding two players become me protecting them as scummates? Andfor the record my time will come, and it will be a glorious day.

Archived