PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

No, it doesn't. They are 2 different types of scenes.

I can see the OP as flavor with the setup, but the second scene has a player specific action. It's counterintuitive to have an attempted assassination scene on a specific player by the Predators and the target to be a Predator himself.

Shutout is shot at by the Predators in a mod scene. Are you saying that scene didn't happen?

This is how I feel as well

It's pretty clear it wasn't a vig or sk since he specifically mentions a predator. That said, I don't think it was anything. I think it's all just story. He'll probably make a post or two in each day, and the story will move along via the phases. For example, right now we were headed to the last firefight or whatever, but now we're stopped. I guess once we lynch somebody, we'll keep heading towards our original destination.

I'm not sure if the names mean anything though. It seems too easy for him to out 10 players already as innocent.

You bring up a good point, especially with DPR being a writer.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if this matters at all, but in Vic's Star wars game DPR made this post in reference to Monkey Nuts I28 being mention in the opening scene. Kinda stuck with me because I waited the whole game for that furball to explode.

That was my Star Wars game fool. Don't you remember me mod-killing your fluffy ass?

The Predator watches as Shutout creeps stealthily through the undergrowth. The team has been careful, sensing that they are being watched.

A sharp intake of breath comes from behind Shutout as the tri-laser pinpoints creep up the back of his head.

And that intake of breath is enough to trigger lightning-like reflexes.

A flash comes from the trees, streaking toward Shutout, but he has already dropped to the ground.

An explosion rocks the group, but they quickly realize that no one is dead.

The team scrambles to take up defensive positions, ready for anything...

Okay, my con calls are done for today... and I took some time to pick this a part. Since that is all everyone else is doing.

The speculation around DPR's most recent scene is weird... a lot of scenario "painting" if you will over alignment and flavor.

Personally, I'm taking it at face value.

We know he said that someone was being hunted in the prior scene, and we know that he said that Shutout was almost killed. I have to assume that one is related to the other.

The things I find interesting in his scene are in red.

He says "Predator," not plural. Maybe there is only one Predator with the ability to hunt or the SK in this game is also a Predator?

He says "being watched." This ability might be tied to my suggestions above. The ability to watch might explain the decision to go after Shutout. Because I don't see any other strategic benefit coming from it.

He says "tri-laser pinpoints." This seems to me the kill sequence that DPR is going with, like the flamethrower in the Thing game, which tells me that if its a tri-laser, then its a kill attempt... not all the odd-ball things being suggested.

I don't really want to speculate further, like I said... for me its face value until we see more...

I'll work on that.

Just to be clear, you don't think anyone took a shot at shutout and missed?

Thanks.

No. Nothing actually happened in the scene, so I don't think it is anything more than story to build up to a scene where something will happen. However, as he did say that there are hints in all the scenes, we're not wrong to analyse them. It could have just as easily been anyone else's name in the scene, and it would have meant just as much - not a damn thing.

@mod - Does this mod confirm shutout? or is it PAFO?

This does not mod confirm Shutout. This does mod confirm that Shutout was attacked by a single Predator.

I'm just catchign up since my last post - I'll be back in a few after reading...

Lol you are such a crazy player but it makes fun.

Anyways, CTM is generally harder for me to read and i think he's smart enough to change up tells if you let him know about it. To me it is early to tell on him if he's playing funny since really we have had only mostly a spam day.

For now

Unvote ctm

vote lily

her vote and unvote on brett and the explanation of it was pretty weak to me.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

I'm very tempted right now to put my vote on Lily. I just don't know what the deal was with her posts, explanations, or anything she's done so far...

Going back to what I was thinking before the DPR scene... I can't look past Lily's play right now. There are a couple players I am feeling good about, others not so much... but she's taking the cake right now.

Not going to get much more on day one.

Vote Lily

Okay, my con calls are done for today... and I took some time to pick this a part. Since that is all everyone else is doing.

The speculation around DPR's most recent scene is weird... a lot of scenario "painting" if you will over alignment and flavor.

We know he said that someone was being hunted in the prior scene, and we know that he said that Shutout was almost killed. I have to assume that one is related to the other.

He says "Predator," not plural. Maybe there is only one Predator with the ability to hunt or the SK in this game is also a Predator?

He says "being watched." This ability might be tied to my suggestions above. The ability to watch might explain the decision to go after Shutout. Because I don't see any other strategic benefit coming from it.

He says "tri-laser pinpoints." This seems to me the kill sequence that DPR is going with, like the flamethrower in the Thing game, which tells me that if its a tri-laser, then its a kill attempt... not all the odd-ball things being suggested.

I don't really want to speculate further, like I said... for me its face value until we see more...

Gee thanks for clearing that up. What the hell kinda crap are you selling? All this tells us is one predator took aim at Shutout and missed. The first scene they're where two lasers two Predators and a simultaneous kill. Their where also numerous predators that took out the hunting party before ths one. Now all of a sudden you think we have only one and maybe a serial killer one? We don;t even know we have a serial killer yet your spinning some bullshyte idea bout a single predator and a SK predator? What happen they killed together the first scene then wen their separate ways?

Thanx for adding to the confusion and directly going against what DPR told us is true. Face value? Sounds more like a pred a turd trying to confuse the town. Unless your suspicious of DPR and diesagree with him. be no surprise to no one. I love my vote.

Did Smashmouth get a hold of I2D2's username and pw? What is this sheep sh-t?

Gee thanks for clearing that up. What the hell kinda crap are you selling? All this tells us is one predator took aim at Shutout and missed. The first scene they're where two lasers two Predators and a simultaneous kill. Their where also numerous predators that took out the hunting party before ths one. Now all of a sudden you think we have only one and maybe a serial killer one? We don;t even know we have a serial killer yet your spinning some bullshyte idea bout a single predator and a SK predator? What happen they killed together the first scene then wen their separate ways?

Thanx for adding to the confusion and directly going against what DPR told us is true. Face value? Sounds more like a pred a turd trying to confuse the town. Unless your suspicious of DPR and diesagree with him. be no surprise to no one. I love my vote.

Don't worry, the "intake of breath" in DPR's scene was just Integrity taking a big hit off of his crack pipe.

"Going against what DPR told us was true?"

Are you saying I suggested that there is only 1 Predator in the game? You ****ing dope. I didn't say there was only one, you are either spinning what I wrote because you are obviously hell bent on creating a case on me from nothing - or have worse reading comprehension skills than you do typing skills.

I will clarify how I interpreted the scene for you and those that don't have a hard-on for me...

I think that MAYBE, one of the multiple Predators has the ability to hunt - not all of them. In Star Wars the scum team members had different abilities... in my post that you didn't read well, but decided to scrutinize... I suggest that MAYBE one Predator can "hunt," and MAYBE one Predator can "watch."

I also suggested that the day attack could have come from a SK because, well why not? Wouldn't the SK be like a loner Predator?

Also... The first scene has nothing to do with this attack scene other than the tri-laser, 2 "people" were killed but NO players were killed, the "people" we literary devices that were part of the setup and obviously had no place in the actual game... otherwise 2 players would have been out right away.

Current Vote Count:

Brett (2) - SMC, Jif

Slats (2) - AVM, Hess

JVoR (1) -Shutout

CTM (1) - Pac

Smash (1) - Vic

JiF (2) - Slats, CTM

I28 (1) - Crush

Lily (3) - Dan, JVoR, I28

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

MOD NOTE: To avoid unnecesary confusion, I will now bold a summary of actual events that took place in any scene. Anything not bolded can be taken as flavor.

For instance, the last scene would have ended:

A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT SHUTOUT.

I will be very clear about any deaths.

I'd speculate, beings as how someone mentioned the predator things didnt really go around in packs, that there were a few individual predators and no set group if it weren't for the point Crusher keeps making.... The general and the other dude both had the points on them simultaneously at the beginning.

I need to go back and look at the scene where we found out they were stalking one of us in particular.

Barm.. I'm curious... if you think the scene with Shutout was just flavor then tell us your thoughts on the other scene where DPR says the predators have targeted one of us.

Barm.. I'm curious... if you think the scene with Shutout was just flavor then tell us your thoughts on the other scene where DPR says the predators have targeted one of us.

Well... DPR just said that it wasn't flavor.

Which makes me wonder why Barm would think anyone would go for that...

Maybe you were typing as it was posted but I think DPR just told us it was most certainly NOT flavor.

"Going against what DPR told us was true?"

Are you saying I suggested that there is only 1 Predator in the game? You ****ing dope. I didn't say there was only one, you are either spinning what I wrote because you are obviously hell bent on creating a case on me from nothing - or have worse reading comprehension skills than you do typing skills.

I will clarify how I interpreted the scene for you and those that don't have a hard-on for me...

I think that MAYBE, one of the multiple Predators has the ability to hunt - not all of them. In Star Wars the scum team members had different abilities... in my post that you didn't read well, but decided to scrutinize... I suggest that MAYBE one Predator can "hunt," and MAYBE one Predator can "watch."

I also suggested that the day attack could have come from a SK because, well why not? Wouldn't the SK be like a loner Predator?

Also... The first scene has nothing to do with this attack scene other than the tri-laser, 2 "people" were killed but NO players were killed, the "people" we literary devices that were part of the setup and obviously had no place in the actual game... otherwise 2 players would have been out right away.

Why the hell would something be called a predator if they can;t hunt? What the **** do predators do? They ****ing hunt. Start wars had DIFFERENT charactors and this isn;t that unknowns Star Wars game. Predators hunt, I saw Alien verses Predator ten time and non of them where faggot azz non-hunting predators hanging around with predator piece signs and setting themselves on fire protesting the fighting. Predators hunt, in the wild, in Jacksonvilee bars and in this game. Anything else said is bullshyte and misdirection.

Obviously their is something controlling the rate te predators can kill. I played couple of DPR's vampire hunter games and they start off slow and then picks up speed and everyone dies. Trust me, they will stop missing and townies will start dying.

I don;t have a hard on for you but I have had sex with a primate bferore in case you where wondering.

This isnt a theory dip****. I'm not making any predictions or conculsions based off the names, just pointing out that he's not repeating any names.

If you forced me to speculate, I'd say its just flavor...like I've been saying all along. However, this Shutout name drop was different. He was literally targeted by the Predators.

Its an interesting choice too because he eventually get lynched from inactivity almost every game...I know if I were a Predator he would not be my choice for a day 1 kill attempt.

This does not mod confirm Shutout. This does mod confirm that Shutout was attacked by a single Predator.

I'm just catchign up since my last post - I'll be back in a few after reading...

That's an interesting self created wifom in light of dpr confirming it was an attempted kill

Throwing cold water on the idea of it being a predetor attack, followed by distancing from it..

i like my vote for now

MOD NOTE: To avoid unnecesary confusion, I will now bold a summary of actual events that took place in any scene. Anything not bolded can be taken as flavor.

For instance, the last scene would have ended:

A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT SHUTOUT.

I will be very clear about any deaths.

Alright, clearly I've been proved wrong here. Which says straight up that Predators can kill during the day. Scary.

I'd speculate, beings as how someone mentioned the predator things didnt really go around in packs, that there were a few individual predators and no set group if it weren't for the point Crusher keeps making.... The general and the other dude both had the points on them simultaneously at the beginning.

I need to go back and look at the scene where we found out they were stalking one of us in particular.

Unfortunately, DPR, is forced to do remedial mafia for us (which inside I know he loves). His post above (#544) totally debunks Barm's flavor argument.

A Predator took a shot at Shutout.

Now, the question could be that (as the Monkey Doc offered) are there a bunch of solo Predators and no team, or perhaps only a 2-man Predator team and other solos.

With that, DPR's statement that Shutout is not modconfirming him may mean that Shutout was a solo Predator targetted by another Predator. That's an interesting possibility. I'm willing to test that out.

Unvote: Brett

Vote: Shutout

Yeah.. Dpr ninjaed me on that one.. I'd still like to know why Barm thought that. Or was trying to lead us that direction.

Why I thought that? Nothing happened. We got a scene where a shot was fired and nobody was hurt. Wes likes to build stories in his games, so I though it might be leadup to somebody actually dying.

That's an interesting self created wifom in light of dpr confirming it was an attempted kill

Throwing cold water on the idea of it being a predetor attack, followed by distancing from it..

i like my vote for now

Jeez...I cant post at all with out the acusation of wifom anymore.

Let jet call me jifom from now on.

Unfortunately, DPR, is forced to do remedial mafia for us (which inside I know he loves). His post above (#544) totally debunks Barm's flavor argument.

Now, the question could be that (as the Monkey Doc offered) are there a bunch of solo Predators and no team, or perhaps only a 2-man Predator team and other solos.

With that, DPR's statement that Shutout is not modconfirming him may mean that Shutout was a solo Predator targetted by another Predator. That's an interesting possibility. I'm willing to test that out.

I was actually thinking this as well...shutout was targeted, why? And what does that mean now. I want to hear from my fellow Batman

Unvote - Brett - who I really dont likes play so far

Vote - Shutout - because I want info.

I intially thought that if I was scum and new dpr would name names, it'd make a lot of sense to shoot at one of my own.. i'm interested to see how this develops..

Why the hell would something be called a predator if they can;t hunt? What the **** do predators do? They ****ing hunt. Start wars had DIFFERENT charactors and this isn;t that unknowns Star Wars game. Predators hunt, I saw Alien verses Predator ten time and non of them where faggot azz non-hunting predators hanging around with predator piece signs and setting themselves on fire protesting the fighting. Predators hunt, in the wild, in Jacksonvilee bars and in this game. Anything else said is bullshyte and misdirection.

Obviously their is something controlling the rate te predators can kill. I played couple of DPR's vampire hunter games and they start off slow and then picks up speed and everyone dies. Trust me, they will stop missing and townies will start dying.

I don;t have a hard on for you but I have had sex with a primate bferore in case you where wondering.

Perhaps you should pump the brakes a little...

In the movies the Predators watch, hunt, kill, skin, and trophy collect. I don't KNOW what the game adaptation would be for all those things. BUT I am not resigned to the idea that DPR came to the table with a very flat interpretation of the movies in how they can be adapted for the game... ESPECIALLY when he went out of his way to say we wouldn't even need to see the movies to play.

Call it misdirection if you like, at this point... I think you've done enough to prove one thing... the length you are going to in order to lash out at me and stifle me says something in what I wrote struck a nerve with you, or one of your scum mates.

Interesting events. I have my eye one person in particular, but I'd rather not spill that just yet. Like someone said, it's a great way to get nked n1. Besides, if I don't say anything, they might give me a little more to work with.

Also, I would caution you guys not to confuse different with scummy. I play differently than you do, and took a ton of heat for it last game. (Where, yes, I was scum, but trust me, I play more or less the same way as town.) I'm expecting to die early in my first 5 or so games here, until you learn this for yourselves, but a girl can try.

I just have one thing to add - if DPR confirms anyone innocent or anything else, I'm pretty sure the OP would reflect it. When Shutout was shot at, that's the first thing I checked. Can you confirm that you would do that, Wes?

Interesting events. I have my eye one person in particular, but I'd rather not spill that just yet. Like someone said, it's a great way to get nked n1. Besides, if I don't say anything, they might give me a little more to work with.

Also, I would caution you guys not to confuse different with scummy. I play differently than you do, and took a ton of heat for it last game. (Where, yes, I was scum, but trust me, I play more or less the same way as town.) I'm expecting to die early in my first 5 or so games here, until you learn this for yourselves, but a girl can try.

I just have one thing to add - if DPR confirms anyone innocent or anything else, I'm pretty sure the OP would reflect it. When Shutout was shot at, that's the first thing I checked. Can you confirm that you would do that, Wes?

Lily, DPR said that Shutout is NOT confirmed as innocent, just that he was shot at.

Archived