PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

Unvote: AVM

Vote: Smashmouth

I buy your defense AVM.

But what I don't buy is the fact that Smashmouth has 2 posts in this **** show and ZERO about the possibility of set-ups. This guy spun and spun and spun possible set-ups last game. Now we have a DPR game that has been alluded to having a crazy set-up, and our most famous conspiracy theorist does not have a single post talking about it yet.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Predator watches as Shutout creeps stealthily through the undergrowth. The team has been careful, sensing that they are being watched.

A sharp intake of breath comes from behind Shutout as the tri-laser pinpoints creep up the back of his head.

And that intake of breath is enough to trigger lightning-like reflexes.

A flash comes from the trees, streaking toward Shutout, but he has already dropped to the ground.

An explosion rocks the group, but they quickly realize that no one is dead.

The team scrambles to take up defensive positions, ready for anything...

Unvote: AVM

Vote: Smashmouth

I buy your defense AVM.

But what I don't buy is the fact that Smashmouth has 2 posts in this **** show and ZERO about the possibility of set-ups. This guy spun and spun and spun possible set-ups last game. Now we have a DPR game that has been alluded to having a crazy set-up, and our most famous conspiracy theorist does not have a single post talking about it yet.

That is a great point. Smashy?

And slats, as per your request I WILL go over your posts while not on meds :P though I think I'm lucid enough this time around :D

The Predator watches as Shutout creeps stealthily through the undergrowth. The team has been careful, sensing that they are being watched.

A sharp intake of breath comes from behind Shutout as the tri-laser pinpoints creep up the back of his head.

A flash comes from the trees, streaking toward Shutout, but he has already dropped to the ground.

@mod - Does this mod confirm shutout? or is it PAFO?

Ooo, fun time.

Question...I don't really read into the other times names are mentioned as they pretty much seem like favor, but do we take this one as a mod-confirmed innocent or more flavor?

Lol you are such a crazy player but it makes fun.

Agreed.

Anyways, CTM is generally harder for me to read and i think he's smart enough to change up tells if you let him know about it. To me it is early to tell on him if he's playing funny since really we have had only mostly a spam day.

Agreed.

For now

Unvote ctm

vote lily

her vote and unvote on brett and the explanation of it was pretty weak to me.

Agreed.

I'm very tempted right now to put my vote on Lily. I just don't know what the deal was with her posts, explanations, or anything she's done so far...

WTF?

So, does this explain the "hunt is on?"

Agreed. DPR's scene happens right after CTM vote on me and JiF's vote on brett. Feather in the cap is all.

O.K. Hess, you figured it out. Very astutue of you. I'll explain. DPR will post those type of scene's based on a combination of CTM and mine voting relative to the time of the day and the direction of the wind in DPR home town. But only if we post after a certain player posts twice in less than 20 minutes and only if we vote within 15 mintues and 25 seconds of each other. If all those elements are in place, DPR will have a prelude scene.

Good work.

This would be dumb if it didn't mod-confirm shutout. Shutout was faking a Predator attack?

That said, cool scene, DPR!!!

Sometimes people use player names 100% for flavor.. I agree that my lean is mod confirm, but I don't want to get that idea stuck in my head just yet..

Well there's our follow-up scene. So they took a shot at shutout but he survived? Nice. For the time being I'll say I feel fairly confident about his innocence, as it definitely seems like it was a Predator shot and not a vig or something like that.

While I agree 100% in this case, keep in mind DPR said we have some of their gear to fight back with -- so theoretically a Vig shot would probably be the same way. However, aside from the fact that no Vig would shoot at an inactive this earlier, the way the write ups have been definitely sends the idea that this was a Predator attack.

@mod - Does this mod confirm shutout? or is it PAFO?

I'm thrown by these posts by DPR. Are they flavor or are they relative...this could get confusing and divert focus. Need to be careful.

I'm taking this as you and AVM were right, it was a prelude and the Predators attempted to kill Shutout, but failed. Still dont know why he'd exonerate Shutout like that...he could have easily just said that the Predators were near by and attempted to strike one of the townies, but failed. Going out of his way to mention Shutout is interesting.

Has he repeated anyone names twice in any of his scenes so far? I'm going to go check...dont know if it means anything but I'm curious.

The funny part, other than the terrible aim, is that Shutout will be the last one to know he was shot at.

Looks like they either have a percentage based kills or the shot was somehow blocked. But lets not talk too much about how they may have been blocked.

I'm also very interested to see what this means about Shutouts alignment.

O.K. Hess, you figured it out. Very astutue of you. I'll explain. DPR will post those type of scene's based on a combination of CTM and mine voting relative to the time of the day and the direction of the wind in DPR home town. But only if we post after a certain player posts twice in less than 20 minutes and only if we vote within 15 mintues and 25 seconds of each other. If all those elements are in place, DPR will have a prelude scene.

Good work.

Hey numbnuts I'm not advising that it was gotcha moment but that we should keep in mind timing of scenes etc in this game. It freaked me out that as soon I was voted there was a scene that they were on the loose and had targetted somebody.

The funny part, other than the terrible aim, is that Shutout will be the last one to know he was shot at.

Looks like they either have a percentage based kills or the shot was somehow blocked. But lets not talk too much about how they may have been blocked.

Shutout's the person I most want to hear from right now, but I guess I should be prepared to wait. :P He was on last night after DPR posted his initial scene. Be interesting to learn if he knew he was targeted.

Wow so that's what happens with their targeted hunt? At least it doesn't seem to be a guarenteed kill. Shut out had protection or they only had a certain percentage of success or something.

If this was a kill attempt...Shutout is very confusing considering his activity.

Hey numbnuts I'm not advising that it was gotcha moment but that we should keep in mind timing of scenes etc in this game. It freaked me out that as soon I was voted there was a scene that they were on the loose and had targetted somebody.

I forgot to add that a Sparrow has to fly by DPR's window in between when CTM and I vote for the prelude scenes to appear.

Has he repeated anyone names twice in any of his scenes so far? I'm going to go check...dont know if it means anything but I'm curious.

He has not repeated names...

Slats

Runin

AVM

Crusher

SMC

Hess

Barm

Nae

Sharrow

Shutout

have all been mentioned.

I'm gonna bank on DPR's scene being purely flavour. I've played so many of his games now that I think I can safely say that anyone can be anything, despite their names coming up in scenes. This of course rules out the idea of myself and any of the others in the first scene being mod confirmed too.

I'm gonna bank on DPR's scene being purely flavour. I've played so many of his games now that I think I can safely say that anyone can be anything, despite their names coming up in scenes. This of course rules out the idea of myself and any of the others in the first scene being mod confirmed too.

The opening scene, or this assassination attempt on shutout, too?

The opening scene, or this assassination attempt on shutout, too?

All of it, of course. Learn to read. Seriously.

No, it doesn't. They are 2 different types of scenes.

I can see the OP as flavor with the setup, but the second scene has a player specific action. It's counterintuitive to have an attempted assassination scene on a specific player by the Predators and the target to be a Predator himself.

Shutout is shot at by the Predators in a mod scene. Are you saying that scene didn't happen?

Sometimes people use player names 100% for flavor.. I agree that my lean is mod confirm, but I don't want to get that idea stuck in my head just yet..

I think the opening scene using names was flavor. Plus, there was no action taken against the players mentioned in that scene. For all we know, DPR could be using the Predator's invisibilty in the movies as a basis for a disguise in this game. So Crusher could be in the OP, but be a Predator in disguise.

The second scene seemed different, especially in light of the General & Dutch getting killed scene. They are off-game characters who were killed in a similar situation as the attempt on shutout.

But, as Pac said, shutout will probably be the last to know about that in light of his low activity rate.

Yes this theory is so much better than mine on timing. :rolleyes:

Go figure your names not on there.

This isnt a theory dip****. I'm not making any predictions or conculsions based off the names, just pointing out that he's not repeating any names.

If you forced me to speculate, I'd say its just flavor...like I've been saying all along. However, this Shutout name drop was different. He was literally targeted by the Predators.

Its an interesting choice too because he eventually get lynched from inactivity almost every game...I know if I were a Predator he would not be my choice for a day 1 kill attempt.

It's pretty clear it wasn't a vig or sk since he specifically mentions a predator. That said, I don't think it was anything. I think it's all just story. He'll probably make a post or two in each day, and the story will move along via the phases. For example, right now we were headed to the last firefight or whatever, but now we're stopped. I guess once we lynch somebody, we'll keep heading towards our original destination.

I'm not sure if the names mean anything though. It seems too easy for him to out 10 players already as innocent.

Not sure if this matters at all, but in Vic's Star wars game DPR made this post in reference to Monkey Nuts I28 being mention in the opening scene. Kinda stuck with me because I waited the whole game for that furball to explode.

Hello all.

Whenever I've seen a mod-named inn, they're usually a bomb or designed to set off a chain of events on death. Just my 2cets...

Excellent scrawl.

Archived