Has all of Jetnation gone Stupid?

Iceman88

Seriously the amount of hate being thrown Revis' way here over the past few weeks is utterly ridiculous. He's the best CB in the league if not the best defensive player in the game. He is a huge part of our team and until about a month and a half ago a unanimous fan favorite. Yeah he's holding out, and its his right to want to make as much money as he can in a profession where the average career is 3 years. He is putting his body on the line for the Jets every week and he deserves to be paid. He hasn't been a diva during his holdout and has stated his opinion. The biggest issue for him right now is he wants guarantees so he knows he will still be paid if he does get injured, the way the Jets handled Leon definitely worsened this situation showing Revis the Jets will not give him anything if he gets injured. Some of you are becoming down right venomous with your hate for a player trying to get paid but don't bitch at all when the front office shows em the door with nothing.

Whats even scarier is this is becoming a growing trend with the Jets. There have now been multiple players and incidents where the front office has made promises and not delivered leading the our current young stars to become very leery when dealing with them. Yet still the fans jump on any players back and immediately blame them not ownership or Tannenbaum. I'm seriously not understanding where the hell some of you get this entitlement from when discussing the players who have helped this team win and have been adored to completely dismiss and trash them. This is their way of life, they need to extend this money their whole lives and anybody who says they wouldn't do anything to get better pay (and no Revis isn't being paid fairly anymore it doesn't matter if he has 3 years left 1 mil is a joke) is a lair.

Just like people say cutting players is allowed in the CBA so is holding out as long as you pay the $16,000 a day. This is the only leverage players ever get, stop taking it so personally and attacking someone for trying to better their life.

This really necessitated it's own thread?

Everyone already knows the population of this site consists of gay and/or stupid (mostly "and"). Oh yeah, that and there are more than enough threads out there discussing this same exact topic which have numerous posts saying this same thing.

This really necessitated it's own thread?

Everyone already knows the population of this site consists of gay and/or stupid (mostly "and"). Oh yeah, that and there are more than enough threads out there discussing this same exact topic which have numerous posts saying this same thing.

It's necessary damnit! it is the dumb thing to do!!!! :rl:

Seriously the amount of hate being thrown Revis' way here over the past few weeks is utterly ridiculous. He's the best CB in the league if not the best defensive player in the game. He is a huge part of our team and until about a month and a half ago a unanimous fan favorite. Yeah he's holding out, and its his right to want to make as much money as he can in a profession where the average career is 3 years. He is putting his body on the line for the Jets every week and he deserves to be paid. He hasn't been a diva during his holdout and has stated his opinion. The biggest issue for him right now is he wants guarantees so he knows he will still be paid if he does get injured, the way the Jets handled Leon definitely worsened this situation showing Revis the Jets will not give him anything if he gets injured. Some of you are becoming down right venomous with your hate for a player trying to get paid but don't bitch at all when the front office shows em the door with nothing.

Whats even scarier is this is becoming a growing trend with the Jets. There have now been multiple players and incidents where the front office has made promises and not delivered leading the our current young stars to become very leery when dealing with them. Yet still the fans jump on any players back and immediately blame them not ownership or Tannenbaum. I'm seriously not understanding where the hell some of you get this entitlement from when discussing the players who have helped this team win and have been adored to completely dismiss and trash them. This is their way of life, they need to extend this money their whole lives and anybody who says they wouldn't do anything to get better pay (and no Revis isn't being paid fairly anymore it doesn't matter if he has 3 years left 1 mil is a joke) is a lair.

Just like people say cutting players is allowed in the CBA so is holding out as long as you pay the $16,000 a day. This is the only leverage players ever get, stop taking it so personally and attacking someone for trying to better their life.

So, I guess you're saying that Revis and his agent were laughing their asses off when they looked at (and signed) the part of the contract that had the heading "2010 Salary"? THEY HELD OUT FOR THIS JOKE

So, I guess you're saying that Revis and his agent were laughing their asses off when they looked at (and signed) the part of the contract that had the heading "2010 Salary"? THEY HELD OUT FOR THIS JOKE

LOL

yeah dude has 20 mill guaranteed he'll get it all he's just selfish and using the 1 mill this year as his excuse

I do wonder how a player this good can get so much blow back.

Here's a question, purely for the sake of argument

Fill in blank: DR is the best NYJ player since _____

how far back do we have to go to finish that statement?

Wayne Chrebet

Curtis Martin

Joe Klecko

Joe Willy

or are there better Jets on the team right now?

or does he flat out stink and should be cut today?

what do people think of this player, as a player. Is "once in a generation" a fair statement or is bunk?

Wayne Chrebet

Curtis Martin

Joe Klecko

Joe Willy

what do people think of this player, as a player. Is "once in a generation" a fair statement or is bunk?

D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Last time I checked, Because the game is inherently dangerous and your career is short is why they get paid millions. I wish I had the problem of figuring out how to make a few million last me a lifetime, especially after only working an average of 10 years. He signed a contract, he knew what he was getting paid on paper for this year. Nevermind how much he has made already, lets not forget any endorsement deal money he has made to this point. Cry my a freaking river why dont you.

He is letting his ego get the best of him, and he is listening to a poison pill in Sean Gilbert who's only reason his name is relevant is because of Mevis. Nobody cares that he sat out a year in a holdout. He is not readily regarded as a football great or legend, or that his actions brought about some positive change.

I wish in 10-15 years I can look back on Revis and remember him for being the best there ever was and that he was a Jet, and not in this light, as a selfish Me-Shawn way, I want teams to fear him for his play, not how much it's going to cost them like a high priced call girl,Come on man 2 holdouts in 3 years? Lets get real!!!

At least I can thank Revis for helping my decide who's Jersey I am going to buy this year, it's really like who's Jersey I am not going to buy this year, or ever at this point because I cannot be proud to wear his name on my back.

My position is this: take the offer that was sent or sit for 4 years. Then try and make your 100 million after that somewhere else. He has 3 years left possibly 4 if he doesn't report by the 10th. Get the extra money that is offered and have faith your team will take care of you.

Rant over

Semper Fi

Wayne Chrebet

Curtis Martin

Joe Klecko

Joe Willy

But Aso is almost as good as Revis and the Raiders are a crap team. A shut down corner takes away the other teams best WR but that only guarantees victory against teams with no running game, no TE and only one good WR. So unless we play the Texans every week we need a whole team and not just a cornerback.

Last time I checked, Because the game is inherently dangerous and your career is short is why they get paid millions. I wish I had the problem of figuring out how to make a few million last me a lifetime, especially after only working an average of 10 years. He signed a contract, he knew what he was getting paid on paper for this year. Nevermind how much he has made already, lets not forget any endorsement deal money he has made to this point. Cry my a freaking river why dont you.

He is letting his ego get the best of him, and he is listening to a poison pill in Sean Gilbert who's only reason his name is relevant is because of Mevis. Nobody cares that he sat out a year in a holdout. He is not readily regarded as a football great or legend, or that his actions brought about some positive change.

I wish in 10-15 years I can look back on Revis and remember him for being the best there ever was and that he was a Jet, and not in this light, as a selfish Me-Shawn way, I want teams to fear him for his play, not how much it's going to cost them like a high priced call girl,Come on man 2 holdouts in 3 years? Lets get real!!!

At least I can thank Revis for helping my decide who's Jersey I am going to buy this year, it's really like who's Jersey I am not going to buy this year, or ever at this point because I cannot be proud to wear his name on my back.

My position is this: take the offer that was sent or sit for 4 years. Then try and make your 100 million after that somewhere else. He has 3 years left possibly 4 if he doesn't report by the 10th. Get the extra money that is offered and have faith your team will take care of you.

Rant over

Semper Fi

Direct hit!

Im with STUPID ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived