Expert Sides With Henne Over Sanchez

crashingjet

Do you? And was O'Brien a better QB than Marino because he did beat him...kind of like Henne did last year to Sanchez...just saying.

That's a valid argument and damn you for even making me look this up. From 1985 to 1981 the years he was your starter he is exactly .500 Vs us. So neither of them beat the other.

To answer your question though in the bigger scheme it wouldn't make much of a difference. This is going to be a hot topic for the remainder of these two's career. In the end though unless there is a clear cut winner I would expect this to remain a very heated point of conversation between us fans.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a valid argument and damn you for even making me look this up. From 1985 to 1981 the years he was your starter he is exactly .500 Vs us. So neither of them beat the other.

To answer your question though in the bigger scheme it wouldn't make much of a difference. This is going to be a hot topic for the remainder of these two's career. In the end though unless there is a clear cut winner I would expect this to remain a very heated point of conversation between us fans.

I didn't mean to imply that O'Brien beat Marino all the time...just that he "did" beat him. And my point was, at the end of the day (stat wise), Marino had the better career by far. But, both can hoist a few to never winning a SB.

Another thing to add and why at this moment I'll take the model over Henne and his black panther tattoo is the fact that outside of the Jets, Henne only beat 5 teams...Sanchez beat 10 different teams in the NFL last season.

This post alone should swing those of you on the fence to Sanchez's side. If there's anyone more pessimistic about "the model" than JiF, I'd like to see him.

I`m from England and having not read all of this thread I can`t add much.

But if I saw a dolphin swimming in the Bristol channel and I was fishing I would use quadruple treble barbed hooks

on a single line with a 12kg leaded weight and as many rods as I could muster, and all would be cast in the direction

of said dolphin and all it`s children and they would be thrown furiously towards the shoal.

If I was fortunate to hook one in the fin and drag it to the shore, I would then punch it several times and then loosen

the clutch and let it swim back out to sea thinking it was safe before reeling it back in and then abuse it some more.

Those stinky fish will never be safe on these shores

No mercy

Kobra Kai, reel in and fry.

and Joe Montana couldn't throw a football through a paper bag but if my recollection is correct he was able to win a couple of games, so did a guy named Tarkenton who could run and hide but had to have a high arc on his throws to get it there. QB is more than arm strength.

and Joe Montana couldn't throw a football through a paper bag but if my recollection is correct he was able to win a couple of games, so did a guy named Tarkenton who could run and hide but had to have a high arc on his throws to get it there. QB is more than arm strength.

Wasn't that the same argument a lot of Jets fans used with Pennington? It's a valid argument don't get me wrong or take it the wrong way I'm just curious. Bottom line is both these guys are still writing their own history.

Wasn't that the same argument a lot of Jets fans used with Pennington? It's a valid argument don't get me wrong or take it the wrong way I'm just curious.

Curious about what? If Sanchez has his arm surgically transformed into a vagina, then and only then can you bring Pennington into the argument.

Fascinating.

The beauty of it is: we shall see.

Any Michigan fan will tell you that Henne is bad in pressure situations and what we saw in December with Henne last year won't change that opinion. We saw Sanchez play well against superior opponents in the postseason. He raised his game in the end. Henne, on the other hand, wilted under the pressure of a playoff push. Will those trends continue? I have no idea.

Miami Dolphins beat the Jags in Week 14 to go 7-6. They moved up to the No. 6 seed and controlled their own playoff destiny. At that point Henne had 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

The Fins lost their last 3 games and failed to make the playoffs.

Henne threw 3 TDs and 5 INTs in those last 3 games.

In fact, in Henne's last 6 starts, the Fins went 2-4 and Henne had 6 TDs and 10 INTs.

Henne was bad down the stretch when the Fins needed him most.

Another thing to add and why at this moment I'll take the model over Henne and his black panther tattoo is the fact that outside of the Jets, Henne only beat 5 teams...Sanchez beat 10 different teams in the NFL last season.

You cant be serious. Every game the Jets won was b/c of defense and/or running game. Sanchez didn't "win" a single game, and the few times he was asked to win a game, he failed. 2009 NYJ, #1 Running game, #1 Defense, #31 QB. Or did you forget?

Fascinating.

Any Michigan fan will tell you that Henne is bad in pressure situations and what we saw in December with Henne last year won't change that opinion. We saw Sanchez play well against superior opponents in the postseason. He raised his game in the end. Henne, on the other hand, wilted under the pressure of a playoff push. Will those trends continue? I have no idea.

Miami Dolphins beat the Jags in Week 14 to go 7-6. They moved up to the No. 6 seed and controlled their own playoff destiny. At that point Henne had 9 TDs and 9 INTs.

In fact, in Henne's last 6 starts, the Fins went 2-4 and Henne had 6 TDs and 10 INTs.

I'm curious. Have you watched any of those games? Or did you make a quick visit to NFL.com for some debate ammo?

You cant be serious. Every game the Jets won was b/c of defense and/or running game. Sanchez didn't "win" a single game, and the few times he was asked to win a game, he failed. 2009 NYJ, #1 Running game, #1 Defense, #31 QB. Or did you forget?

Trolling at 5am in the morning? Dumb post. Even you know this. But I'll play, so is his career record 11-8 or 0-0?

Fascinating.

I love the revisionist history of the JN.

They backed into the playoffs when their last two opponents tanked games.

While Sanchise had a decent playoffs, he was greatly aided by the running game and Nate Kaeding.

While Sanchise had a decent playoffs, he was greatly aided by the running game and Nate Kaeding.

I would say Sanchez was "slightly" better than decent.....He completed over 60% in the 3 playoff games with 4 TDS and 2 INT.....

Had a 7.9 avg per attempt and over 13 yards per completion, keep in mind all 3 games were on the road....Sanchez stepped up big time in my view from the regular season, give the guy a little more credit than decent...

We will never know if Henne would have performed as well in the playoffs since he and the Dolphins had destiny in their own hands and flopped.....As far as backing into the playoffs if the Dolphins did not crap the bed in the final weeks that would have been a moot point....

How is that backing in? We won those games right? :huh:

We could only play who the other team puts out on the field.

Not our fault teams rested players, and is in no way backing in.

Backing in is when you lose and still get in! :blink:

Your patsies got in and got stomped, revision that history! :rl:

Please...this sh*t just cracks me up. First off, we didnt back in, we won our way in...if you want to argue the Colts laid down for us, I'll agree...but dont act like we didnt prove we were the better team than the Bengals.

The kid was a rookie, he played very well in the playoffs.

This is fun...who's stats would you take in a playoff run

32-52 312 0 TD 1 INT

12-18 115 0 TD 0 INT

16-27 145 1 TD 0 INT

or

12-15 182 1 TD 0 INT

12-23 100 1 TD 1 INT

17-30 257 2 TD 1 INT

Hopefully you've figured out what I've done with this exercise.

I'm curious. Have you watched any of those games? Or did you make a quick visit to NFL.com for some debate ammo?

I watched them. Thanks for playing, try again.

You're completely revisionist. Claim the Colts tanked all you want, but the Bengals got smoked 2 weeks in a row, so I don't understand how you can claim they "tanked" that game. The Bengals weren't win that final game at the Meadowlands. And, as mentioned, you can't "back in" to the playoffs by winning games.

Further, that's irrelevant to how Sanchez played in the playoffs with a 60% completion percentage, 92 QB rating, and 4/2 TD/INT. Those are the facts.

To claim he had a "decent" playoff is asinine.

You're completely revisionist. Claim the Colts tanked all you want, but the Bengals got smoked 2 weeks in a row, so I don't understand how you can claim they "tanked" that game. The Bengals weren't win that final game at the Meadowlands. And, as mentioned, you can't "back in" to the playoffs by winning games.

Further, that's irrelevant to how Sanchez played in the playoffs with a 60% completion percentage, 92 QB rating, and 4/2 TD/INT. Those are the facts.

To claim he had a "decent" playoff is asinine.

He did have a decent playoff run. The Jets beat a Bengals team that was hardly going all-out the last week. Sanchez did play a pretty good game against them. In the last two games, against much better competition, he had a 72 rating and was 54%. Again, for a rookie, he did a decent job, but hardly the second coming.

JiF

I would take the one that lead his team to a 3-0 record and two game winning drives.

Brooklyn

True.

They beat what was put in front of them. And their second victory over the Bengals shows who was better. All I am saying, it is not like they met much resistance going in compared to other teams, but they won the games none the less.

Brooklyn

True.

They beat what was put in front of them. And their second victory over the Bengals shows who was better. All I am saying, it is not like they met much resistance going in compared to other teams, but they won the games none the less.

I can agree with that, but that's not backing in on any account.

And the fact of the matter is....if it wasnt even close...then why was Sanchez drafted 6th overall and Henne was a 2nd rounder?

Why was Tom Brady drafted late in the 6th round and JaMarcus Russel the first overall?

What round they were drafted in means nothing. Any analysis at this point must based on what each of them have done based on the games they have played in the NFL. It is too early to make any definitive declarations on either of them. Of what I have seen of both of them I think Henne is the better QB, both in terms of arm strength and decision making. The biggest reason why Sanchez was in the playoffs last year and Henne wasn't is sitting at home pouting because the Jets won't pay him as much as Oakland pays Aso.

Why was Tom Brady drafted late in the 6th round and JaMarcus Russel the first overall?

What round they were drafted in means nothing. Any analysis at this point must based on what each of them have done based on the games they have played in the NFL. It is too early to make any definitive declarations on either of them. Of what I have seen of both of them I think Henne is the better QB, both in terms of arm strength and decision making. The biggest reason why Sanchez was in the playoffs last year and Henne wasn't is sitting at home pouting because the Jets won't pay him as much as Oakland pays Aso.

Except that when the season was on the line his decision making sucked and Sanchez's decision making was the best we've seen from him.

Henne's never gonna be a bigtime QB as he continually wilts under pressure. Sanchez has already proven that he can step up his game when it matters most.

Archived