The Ravens are the best team in the AFC

Matt39

Game 1 scares the hell out of me seeing how the preseason has shaken out. The Ravens look like they are out for blood. Their defense is on another level, even from ours...and thats even with Revis imo.

Flacco is big, strong and improving by the second. Rice is a beast. Boldin is a beast.

Luckily this is a home game for the Jets and the idea of the team coming out flat is slim...this is just a huge test for Sanchez.

Do you think he is ready? I'd guess no.

Game 1 scares the hell out of me seeing how the preseason has shaken out. The Ravens look like they are out for blood. Their defense is on another level, even from ours...and thats even with Revis imo.

Flacco is big, strong and improving by the second. Rice is a beast. Boldin is a beast.

Luckily this is a home game for the Jets and the idea of the team coming out flat is slim...this is just a huge test for Sanchez.

The Colts the best team in the AFC but whatever Baltimore will be a handful without Revis.

The Ravens were 9-7. They didn't win their division and were tied with the Steelers for 2nd. They are a tough team and added Boldin and Cody. They lost Dwan Edwards. They are not the best team in the AFC right now. Their secondary is in a shambles. I've posted it before, but let's go through the rundown. Ed Reed is on the PUP list. He will probably miss the first 6 weeks. Dominique Foxworth is on IR for the season with a torn ACL. Walt Harris had a bum achlles and got an injury settlement. He's gone. Cary Williams is suspended for the first two games. Fabian Washington is coming off a torn ACL in November and was activated from the PUP August 18. He's not particularly good to begin with. Ladarius Webb is rehabbing his knee injury and was activated off the PUP Monday August 23. He had said he doesn't want to play in the preseason games. You guys are worried about Dwight Lowery and you expect to be able to beat the Colts with that? Sanchez might be able to throw a TD against them.

If the Raven defense looks good it hurts Dollar Revision's leverage. But more importantly, if the Jet offense sucks then we can't make the super bowl with or without Revis. Making the super bowl was supposed to be the key to Revis' plan and that key got dropped and fell down the crack into the elevator shaft and the super says he can't get it for you.

The Ravens were 9-7. They didn't win their division and were tied with the Steelers for 2nd. They are a tough team and added Boldin and Cody. They lost Dwan Edwards. They are not the best team in the AFC right now. Their secondary is in a shambles. I've posted it before, but let's go through the rundown. Ed Reed is on the PUP list. He will probably miss the first 6 weeks. Dominique Foxworth is on IR for the season with a torn ACL. Walt Harris had a bum achlles and got an injury settlement. He's gone. Cary Williams is suspended for the first two games. Fabian Washington is coming off a torn ACL in November and was activated from the PUP August 18. He's not particularly good to begin with. Ladarius Webb is rehabbing his knee injury and was activated off the PUP Monday August 23. He had said he doesn't want to play in the preseason games. You guys are worried about Dwight Lowery and you expect to be able to beat the Colts with that? Sanchez might be able to throw a TD against them.

Yes, their secondary is a mess but can/will the Jets take advantage of it? And can the Jets run the ball? If they can run effectively, they can use play-action to throw the ball. If Sanchez is dropping back and chucking the ball 30 times, he throws at least 2 int's.

Awesome!

I'm not sold on them at all, think Cinci could easily win that division again. The Ravens really didnt have an impressive win against a good team the entire year except for when they sh*t all over the Patsies in the playoffs. They didnt have a truly impressive win all season and were a bubble team but finished the year 3 of 4 with the Lions, Bears, Steelers, and Raiders.

The Ravens will be an interesting match up. Ngata vs. Mangold, Cro vs. Boldin, LB'ers vs. Rice, T.RIch hawking down Ray Ray. Should be fun physical match up. I wouldnt be surprised to see a low scoring game and the team that turns it over less will win.

if i'm betting today i'm betting on the ravens straight up

I've been having a hard time with this one. First game, Monday night, opening of a new stadium...it would be just like the Jets to lose this game. Especially considering we've beat the Ravens once in the 6 times we've played them.

But we actually match up well IMO. We have the athletes to take away what they want to do...but they have the front 7 that could give Sanchez fits. But I got to imagine Cotch, Keller and Edwards can get open all day long against their secondary.

How the **** is the Ravens defense better than ours when they have NO SECONDARY?

GTFOH

Doesn't matter for this game.. We can't pass anyway..

We did a lot better last year against teams with crappy run defenses..

Ravens would've smashed us last year. We didn't match up well with them. This year kind of similiar, although I think with Kenkins and pouha in there together we're a lot touger against the run.

I actually think we're going to play them well. They're thin at WR to start the year off and their line's still inconsistent. I think Rex will force them to keep things for them in between the hash marks offensively and we win that battle on paper. Jenkins/Pouha/Scott/Harris beats Birk/Grubbs/Yanda/McClain.

Obviously Sanchez will and should be on a very short leash for that game, but I do think they're weak enough in the secondary that Greene, Keller and Tomlinson should be able to exploit that if we can get them to the second level.

Ravens would've smashed us last year. We didn't match up well with them. This year kind of similiar, although I think with Kenkins and pouha in there together we're a lot touger against the run.

Really, I think we match up well. Good running teams ran on the Ravens, and I think we nutralize a lot of what they do because of our oline play. Mangold vs. Ngata. DBrick vs. Suggs. T Rich taking on Ray. Their secondary sucks. You mentoined, Big Jenk/Pouha vs. the run. Flacco will make mistakes when pressured. Beyond Boldin they have no options. We probably still lose but I think on paper we match up well.

Really, I think we match up well. Good running teams ran on the Ravens, and I think we nutralize a lot of what they do because of our oline play. Mangold vs. Ngata. DBrick vs. Suggs. T Rich taking on Ray. Their secondary sucks. You mentoined, Big Jenk/Pouha vs. the run. Flacco will make mistakes when pressured. Beyond Boldin they have no options. We probably still lose but I think on paper we match up well.

Min/Cinn were the only teams that had 100 yard rushers against them. Sure we may get our yards, but if they can contain the run game without committing and army to the box, sanchez will likely struggle mightly..

On the other side, decent running teams like the Ravens were able to run on us last year but we we're impossible to pass on thanks to revis(top passing D statistically in 5 years), this year that isn't likely to be the case.

As I said, I think pouha and Jenkins on the field together will make running much more difficult, while our pass defense will fall significantly imo, so the thigns we were vunerable to last year have changed on that side of the ball imo..

I actually think we're going to play them well. They're thin at WR to start the year off and their line's still inconsistent. I think Rex will force them to keep things for them in between the hash marks offensively and we win that battle on paper. Jenkins/Pouha/Scott/Harris beats Birk/Grubbs/Yanda/McClain.

Obviously Sanchez will and should be on a very short leash for that game, but I do think they're weak enough in the secondary that Greene, Keller and Tomlinson should be able to exploit that if we can get them to the second level.

Hard to say year over year, I feel fairly certain they would've administered a beat down last year. This year I think our team has changed a bit w/ a healthy jenkins and no revis

I don't think so.

I think the Colts are the best team, and the Pats are, admittedly, probably the next best. The positive thing for us though, is even though the Pats are probably the second best, they match up very badly against the Ravens, and not too much better against us. So although I would absolutely have no surprise in the least if the Pats win more games than the Jets and Ravens, I believe both teams would take them out in a playoff game. And that's really the more important thing.

Unfortunately, the reverse is true for both teams against the Colts. Rex Ryan defenses just can not stop Peyton Manning. Ryan is no longer coaching on the Ravens, but his influence is definitely still there. This is ironically where the Pats have somewhat of an advantage, assuming they didn't cheat to all their wins over Manning in the past. BB probably can't stop Manning now either though. This guy is just the best QB in football, you have to give him credit. He seems to ALWAYS be right there each and every year and threatens to win it all, no matter what kind of talent surrounds him.

So ideally, the Jets want the Colts to knockoff the Pats, then in turn knock off the Pats.

?????? Stop it.

... those 1st 2 games are both going to be extremely difficult ...

... i've been trying to make up my mind which is more difficult & really have not been able to make a choice ...

... i agree that the fact that they are both home gives us an important lift for the games ...

... it would be awesome if woody johnson's b*tching and moaning to the league about the phantom coinflip which gave the giants a week 1 homegame & caused goodell to give us also a homegame monday night results in the difference to give us a win week 1 !!!!!!!! ...

... i think we have a better than 50% chance of victory, in a tough battle of wills ...

l_j_r

Archived