Rex will be shown on Hard Knocks going off on Revis agent

NIGHT STALKER

Definitely looking forward to tonight's episode. Ryan suggested in the papers that his tantrum was directed at both sides, and PFT was happy to suggest that Ryan got the Jets to compromise, not Revis' agents. Be fun to see.

Star-ledger:

The Florida meeting helped build momentum in the negotiations. But Ryan said he threw a "tantrum" -- directed at both sides -- while at Jets headquarters Sunday, when it looked like the deal could not be forged after all.

PFT:

With that kind of pressure from the head coach, the men handling the money (G.M. Mike Tannenbaum and owner Woody Johnson) were bound to compromise.

There was compromise on both sides, as there will be in most negotiations that conclude.

I have no interest in making this another extended Revis thread. Just saying that the press suggested that Ryan went after everybody, and this report is talking about him going off just on Revis' agents. Looking forward to seeing it myself, no matter who he's yelling at. Revis said he'd never seen Rex like that before. Should make for good TV. smile.gif

It must really suck knowing that Parcells is taking a hike and that your owner is butt buddies with Carl Peterson meaning this:

is in your future.

Don't be stupid. Nobody is surprised by this move, all of us sane Dolphin fans saw this day coming. Besides, he's not leaving the organization, he's just moving to a reduced role in the franchise, which was the original plan, to move aside and let Ireland take over the team.

Carl Petersen? The prospect does not make me happy.

Don't be stupid. Nobody is surprised by this move, all of us sane Dolphin fans saw this day coming. Besides, he's not leaving the organization, he's just moving to a reduced role in the franchise, which was the original plan, to move aside and let Ireland take over the team.

Carl Petersen? The prospect does not make me happy.

Carl Peterson to Herm Edwards: "As long as I've got a job in this league, you've got a job in this league."

Wouldn't Ryan's time be better spent working on the offensive game plan for the Ravens?

Based on how the offense currently looks, 7 or 10 points won't get it done Monday night.

Really? This is the best you can come up with? I was expecting so much more of you when you finally returned to football posting. This is lame... PR37 lame.

This holdout was all on Revis/Schwartz/Gilbert. This fake Ryan tirade is just Jets propaganda to make Ryan look better and to let Revis save face a little by insinuating that this was a compromise. The Jets-controlled media knows no bounds or has no shame.

:lol:

I have no interest in making this another extended Revis thread. Just saying that the press suggested that Ryan went after everybody, and this report is talking about him going off just on Revis' agents. Looking forward to seeing it myself, no matter who he's yelling at. Revis said he'd never seen Rex like that before. Should make for good TV. smile.gif

Even if he coached another team I don't see how you can't like him, at least on a personal level. He basically does what most say they would do if they could. If nothing else he speaks from the heart, god bless him.

But disclaimer, I'll be the first in line to want his a$$ tossed if they go 3-13 this year, just saying.

I think this happened right before the trip to Florida.

actually the tantrum happened on sunday night...after the trip to florida. ryan and woody came back from the trip pretty optimistic that a deal could be struck. then sometime during the negotiations there was a point where it sounded like it might no get done and so rex got pissed off and told them all off.

It must really suck knowing that Parcells is taking a hike and that your owner is butt buddies with Carl Peterson meaning this:

hermEdwards.jpg

is in your future.

Seeing that face with that dumbass laughing going on gives me the shakes to this day. He makes a Jerry Manuel press conference look like George Will doing a reading from The Grapes of Wrath.

actually the tantrum happened on sunday night...after the trip to florida. ryan and woody came back from the trip pretty optimistic that a deal could be struck. then sometime during the negotiations there was a point where it sounded like it might no get done and so rex got pissed off and told them all off.

I was certain it did not happen in Florida, thanks for the clear up.

Archived