It's the coaching, it's the whole attitude

Lady Jet

I don't know the answer to this but I wonder if the coaches are hard enough on the players. They probably are but when Hartsock got this second penalty of the day there was some delay before he came out.

Your name is Ben Hartsock, you have 2 penalties, get out of the game. Now.

I don't know the answer to this but I wonder if the coaches are hard enough on the players. They probably are but when Hartsock got this second penalty of the day there was some delay before he came out.

He didnt even get yelled at..lol

Strangely feels a lot like Herman Edwards,this idea that if you hang around long enough and keep it close you will have a chance to win it in the end. But if you have the talent it's usually a moronic MO that plays down to your competition or gets you killed by the better teams. You can luck into a playoff spot, but it's playing not to lose. Now I personally like Rex Ryan but thus far hard to see the practical difference between him and that idjit.

All this talent, and the coaching staff rah-rahing them up.

They're resting on their laurels.

It's pathethic and crap! Bunch of jackasses.

I definitely feel that the coaches have flopped this year. This team never really got off the ground. And the offense should be top notch---not shizoid. I see effort, but a ton of sloppiness and I blame coaches for that.

He did the same kind of thing last year. And his penalties seem to come at the most excruciating times. He has no brain. Plus we had Turner taking stupid penalties consecutive weeks, but we were playing patsies then. I grant you we need better safeties and a better DL, but most of this is missed assignments, and dumb play.

Great post! I had noticed the same exact thing...Hartsock is supposed to be the blocking TE because Keller has not improved enuff in this area yet Hartsock comes in has the holding and the facemask penalty. The guy couldn't get off the field quick enough for me and the lack of a coach in grill when he came off was telling.

Or are we just not nearly as good/talented as we thought we were...

How much more talent do you need? The best teams in the NFL aren't necessarily the most talented, due to the salary cap structure there is a lot of parity. That is why the best coaches keep winning even when their players change, because coaching is the difference.

Are the Pats really that talented or is BB just a great coach?

Sure the bastard cheated, but while cheating he did figure out how to coach too. That's why he can now swap around players and coaches and just execute whatever the plan is.

How much more talent do you need? The best teams in the NFL aren't necessarily the most talented, due to the salary cap structure there is a lot of parity. That is why the best coaches keep winning even when their players change, because coaching is the difference.

Are the Pats really that talented or is BB just a great coach?

Sure the bastard cheated, but while cheating he did figure out how to coach too. That's why he can now swap around players and coaches and just execute whatever the plan is.

What's with the board habit of subtracting Brady from the Pats when analyzing that team this year? The guy is a HOF QB having an MVP season...Belichick is a great coachtoo...this looks like the second prime of the Brady/Belichick duo...they're not unbeatable it just requires Sanchez to have a franchise QB type game.

I definitely feel that the coaches have flopped this year. This team never really got off the ground. And the offense should be top notch---not shizoid. I see effort, but a ton of sloppiness and I blame coaches for that.

Classic lack of discipline. Players coach, lack of accountability. So this is what you get. Raiders won super bowls with this setup, but had more talented players. It is one thing to run your fat mouths and win. It is totally another to flap your gums and lose.

What's with the board habit of subtracting Brady from the Pats when analyzing that team this year? The guy is a HOF QB having an MVP season...Belichick is a great coachtoo...this looks like the second prime of the Brady/Belichick duo...they're not unbeatable it just requires Sanchez to have a franchise QB type game.

Please just stop. What the Pats are doing now was built by the coach. Do you think the Jets would have had the brain power or the BALLS to do what the Pats did with Moss ? They changed the philosophy mid season, had a few rocky games, and are back to the offense they were running when they were winning SB's. Sure Brady is a great QB but he surely does better in this style of offense they are running now rather than the crap they ran last year and at the beginning of this season. This is clearly the system that has been implemented that has brought Brady back to the QB he should be. Hes getting the ball to his talent with a short passing game and attacking the middle of the field with his talented TE's and no one has an answer for it. Ever notice how wide open some of the patriots are due too smart play design ? Watch the games sometime it will make you sick, they dont just do it aganist us.

Or, we just lost 2 games and we're sitting at 9-4 and that's far from the worst thing in the world considering we've already matched last year's win total.

Dude, they way they lost the last 2 games is embarrassing. 9-2 teams<--well, now 9-4 team do not play that bad. trying to coat it with sugar isnt gonna make it go away. if you saw Rex's face after the game yesterday, he was in shock. I think you will be happy even if they're 9-7 (look at the bright side)

Please just stop. What the Pats are doing now was built by the coach. Do you think the Jets would have had the brain power or the BALLS to do what the Pats did with Moss ? They changed the philosophy mid season, had a few rocky games, and are back to the offense they were running when they were winning SB's. Sure Brady is a great QB but he surely does better in this style of offense they are running now rather than the crap they ran last year and at the beginning of this season. This is clearly the system that has been implemented that has brought Brady back to the QB he should be. Hes getting the ball to his talent with a short passing game and attacking the middle of the field with his talented TE's and no one has an answer for it. Ever notice how wide open some of the patriots are due too smart play design ? Watch the games sometime it will make you sick, they dont just do it aganist us.

Watching Deion Branch yesterday was intriguing. He actually ran routes to a spot, when coverage shaded toward him... he took 5 steps to his left, when the defender moved right... and he was wide open just standing their waiting... and since Brady has 10 seconds to complete every pass, the whole defense was out of position after the reception was made and there was tons of YAC to be had. He did this over and over, all of them did.

Not sure if the route was designed that way, or its just something they coach their WR's to do when Brady starts moving around in the pocket, but it works. Its way more effective than our guys dropping passes all over the field. Heh.

1. The Pats had 11 wins with Matt Cassel at the helm.

2. I don't think Brady was playing linebacker when we were held to 3 points last week.

I agree with the overall sentiment. Not since the Buffalo game have I seen this team just come out and just whip someone's a**!

No attitude no leader! They are all just standing around waiting for someone to do something. If not for last minute fortune, they would have let the Detroit, Cleveland and Houston games get away as well. Then we are talking a much different season of all talk and nobody to back it up.

Very frustrating with the play calling and lack of staying with the running game. It would also be nice to get off the field on third down!

Archived