phrases I'd be happy to never hear again

sirlancemehlot

1. Play like a Jet.

2. Ground and pound.

3. Lead the league in wins.

after a while...this stuff gets really, really stale.

It wouldn't get old if it actually worked. Last year I really liked the "Play like a Jet" tagline. Ground and pound is what got us as far we did in the playoffs, along with good defense.

Lead the league in wins, well that's nowhere near as bad as, "You play to win the game!"

It wouldn't get old if it actually worked. Last year I really liked the "Play like a Jet" tagline. Ground and pound is what got us as far we did in the playoffs, along with good defense.

Lead the league in wins, well that's nowhere near as bad as, "You play to win the game!"

oh hell yeah--you can add that one too.

Problem with this line: historically, the Jets have built up the fans hopes, only to collapse and dissapoint them. We actually are playing like a Jet.

But...But...you don't play to just play it, right?

I am a fan of the Ground and Pound, or as the cool(?) people on tweeter call it, the G&P.

Let's see if we can get some G&P goin one of these days.

Problem with this line: historically, the Jets have built up the fans hopes, only to collapse and dissapoint them. We actually are playing like a Jet.

Speaking of last year, we were sitting at 7-7, one week before that famous loss to Atlanta where Rex thought we were out of the playoffs. Soon enough, things turned around. Were at a better spot this year then we were last year, at least by record. I'm still hopeful things can, and will, be turned around.

But...But...you don't play to just play it, right?

I am a fan of the Ground and Pound, or as the cool(?) people on tweeter call it, the G&P.

Let's see if we can get some G&P goin one of these days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ground and Pound what happens when you're already on top of a guy and raining punches on his head to finish him?

"At the end of the day"

Jesus, how many times do people use that to make their friggin' point?

I'm hoping this phrase dies quickly. There is a word in the English dictionary that does a better job:

Ultimately

Good one. It's also a good phrase to modify other stupid, meaningless phrases. "At the end of the day, it is what it is."

It is what it is. Even I say this when I don't have anything intelligent to add. pure crap. But thats neither here nor there.

1. Play like a Jet.

Telling the team to "Play like a Jet" was probably a huge mistake on Rex's behalf. Cause the team is doing exactly that.

It is almost a foolish as Chan Gailey telling his team "to play every game like its the super bowl" What the Bill's head coach should tell his team, is "play every game like its the AFC Championship Game"

What exactly does "Play like a Jet" mean.... a brief summary thanks to CHFF....

The start: 7-2

The finish: 3-3 (including playoffs)

The start: 5-2

The finish: 2-5

The start: 5-1

The finish: 6-5 (including playoffs)

The start: 10-1

The finish: 0-5

The start: 6-1

The finish: 3-6

The start: 5-0

The finish: 5-6

The start: 8-3

The finish: 1-4

The start: 9-2

The finish: 0-2 … so far

Telling the team to "Play like a Jet" was probably a huge mistake on Rex's behalf. Cause the team is doing exactly that.

It is almost a foolish as Chan Gailey telling his team "to play every game like its the super bowl" What the Bill's head coach should tell his team, is "play every game like its the AFC Championship Game"

Good point. Shoulda gone with "Play like a Patriot".

REALLY, the last post in this thread was over 2 days ago.......REALLY, please dont tell me it took you over 48 hours to come up with something "witty" to write......REALLY!!?? REALLY!!??

thats amazing, its in their blood... :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ground and Pound what happens when you're already on top of a guy and raining punches on his head to finish him?

Are you talking about a donkey punch? Sure sounds like you are talking about a donkey punch... unless its a Tony Danza.

"At the end of the day"

Jesus, how many times do people use that to make their friggin' point?

I'm hoping this phrase dies quickly. There is a word in the English dictionary that does a better job:

Ultimately

"To tell you the truth..." ot "To be honest with you..." what, were you going to lie to me such you felt you had to sell it like that? What else would you be but honest? Should I assume you are full of sheet every time you open your mouth?

Phrases I hear too much:

"Sean Green...for 2" -- I'm beginning to think his name is "Shonn Greene Fortu"

"...and they'll bring out the punting unit."

In fact any phrase including the word 'punter'. Good teams don't know who their punter is.

You can throw in, "Folk will attempt a 50 yard Field Goal" too.

You can throw in, "Folk will attempt a 50 yard Field Goal" too.

Also-"He was making them from 60 yards in warmups". Sure he was; Folk(and probably any other kicker in the NFL) is just wonderful in an empty stadium without a snap count nor 11 guys looking to tear his head off his shoulders. There's a reason this guy was cut by the Skins and the Cowboys. Feely may have been overpriced and he wasn't great in Indy last year. He is still eons better than this shaky Folker.

Also-"He was making them from 60 yards in warmups". Sure he was; Folk(and probably any other kicker in the NFL) is just wonderful in an empty stadium without a snap count nor 11 guys looking to tear his head off his shoulders. There's a reason this guy was cut by the Skins and the Cowboys. Feely may have been overpriced and he wasn't great in Indy last year. He is still eons better than this shaky Folker.

All true. but I think the bigger problem is asking him to kick 2+ 50-yarders per game.

Archived