I Disagree!

#27TheDominator

I hear a ton of whining on this board. It's no surprise, but it's still pretty sad. It has gotten to the point where I actually prefer the guys with specific agendas: BP-nobody is good enough to fill the Tuna's shoes, Gatto-Schottenheimer was NOT wrong,etc. That's better than our usual poster who is giving me a seizure with the rate he is jumping on and off the bandwagon. There are 50 threads on this board that I disagree with, so I'm putting it all here.

Rex is not a good coach? C'mon, you have to be kidding me. The team has a top defense. Again. A top defense does not mean that they stop everybody every time. Yes, there are some discipline issues and some clock issues. Were the Raiders a poorly coached team when they were winning super bowls by leading the NFL in penalties? Is Andy Reid a horrible coach? I think not. Improvement can be made, but Rex isn't slowly ruining and squandering a team that somebody else built (see Herm Edwards, Bill Callahan and Wade Phillips). The team has consistently responded well to adversity. They laid down once against the Patriots. The rest of the season they have been in every game. They came back after losses, after being shut out, after Edwards DUI, and played well.

The defense is not that good. Yes it is. It is not all world, all-time great defense, but it's pretty good. They have trouble with TEs and backs out of the backfield. That's no surprise since they have DEs playing LB and sh*tty safeties. IMO, that's what happened in the 2nd half. I think they tried to take Forte out of the passing game and the others couldn't step up. I also think they have trouble with unconventional offenses - meaning guys like Vick who can run or if Cutler can extend a play. Notice they give up plays to freaks like Ginn and Hester. Before anybody says anything, Johnny Knox runs pretty well too. IT was a bad meltdown in the 2nd half, but they are still a good D.

The personnel on D is okay. Sure it could be better, but they have a guy playing safety who is only in his 2nd game there. Pass rusher in the draft? Nice idea, but it's not like there will be a sure thing. Remember Gholston and Bryan Thomas? They'll be picking late. FA? They added Taylor and Pryce and those guys aren't cutting it, what makes you think there will be better available? FWIW, Peppers looked like sh*t yesterday too.

Now to the specifics. I hated the fake punt call, but it worked, Smith just dropped it. The number one reason to fake punt is if you see the play is there because kicking it to Hester just isn't a good idea. I didn't like the play, but acting like it's some great failing of Rex? Parcells used to do sh*t like this all the time. Remember Leon Johnson's HB option? Well, that fat ****er will be in the HOF and he called that with the season on the line.

Punting the ball back to the Bears? I'm in favor. Pinning the Bears keeps them from scoring again. The Jets had plenty of time to score. BOTH times they got the ball back. The problem was the fluke punt hitting Cole. The long field is what killed them. They should have had the ball around the 35-40 with over a minute left. IMO the key reason to pin the Bears was that playing from their end zone they would play conservative offense and the Jets could be pretty sure of getting the ball back and probably in good field position.

Keller HAD to make that catch in the end zone? Keller had a great game. He almost made that grab, but it would have been a highlight reel catch. In the snow. In Soldier Field. In late December. This is a board who made excuses for Sanchez not being able to roll out without dropping the ball and Keller HAD to catch that? I don't think so. Before anybody says that great receivers catch that, let me say that I have watched many games with great recievers and have seen all of them miss balls much easier than that. That was not Holmes letting the ball float through his hands.

IMO the team is in great shape. About what I expected at the start of the season. There were times I thought they'd be better, but I'm happy enough. My technique would be to use more Greene, but otherwise basically stay the course. I'm not sure if I'd rest Sanchez. He has not scored a TD after a rest of over a week (Ravens - Packers - Pats). I'd make him play a quarter or two and throw the damn ball.

I will now get an espresso and go to work. Feel free to argue with single points or the whole thing. I will fight you all tooth and nail!

I hear a ton of whining on this board. It's no surprise, but it's still pretty sad. It has gotten to the point where I actually prefer the guys with specific agendas: BP-nobody is good enough to fill the Tuna's shoes, Gatto-Schottenheimer was NOT wrong,etc. That's better than our usual poster who is giving me a seizure with the rate he is jumping on and off the bandwagon. There are 50 threads on this board that I disagree with, so I'm putting it all here.

Rex is not a good coach? C'mon, you have to be kidding me. The team has a top defense. Again. A top defense does not mean that they stop everybody every time. Yes, there are some discipline issues and some clock issues. Were the Raiders a poorly coached team when they were winning super bowls by leading the NFL in penalties? Is Andy Reid a horrible coach? I think not. Improvement can be made, but Rex isn't slowly ruining and squandering a team that somebody else built (see Herm Edwards, Bill Callahan and Wade Phillips). The team has consistently responded well to adversity. They laid down once against the Patriots. The rest of the season they have been in every game. They came back after losses, after being shut out, after Edwards DUI, and played well.

The defense is not that good. Yes it is. It is not all world, all-time great defense, but it's pretty good. They have trouble with TEs and backs out of the backfield. That's no surprise since they have DEs playing LB and sh*tty safeties. IMO, that's what happened in the 2nd half. I think they tried to take Forte out of the passing game and the others couldn't step up. I also think they have trouble with unconventional offenses - meaning guys like Vick who can run or if Cutler can extend a play. Notice they give up plays to freaks like Ginn and Hester. Before anybody says anything, Johnny Knox runs pretty well too. IT was a bad meltdown in the 2nd half, but they are still a good D.

The personnel on D is okay. Sure it could be better, but they have a guy playing safety who is only in his 2nd game there. Pass rusher in the draft? Nice idea, but it's not like there will be a sure thing. Remember Gholston and Bryan Thomas? They'll be picking late. FA? They added Taylor and Pryce and those guys aren't cutting it, what makes you think there will be better available? FWIW, Peppers looked like sh*t yesterday too.

Now to the specifics. I hated the fake punt call, but it worked, Smith just dropped it. The number one reason to fake punt is if you see the play is there because kicking it to Hester just isn't a good idea. I didn't like the play, but acting like it's some great failing of Rex? Parcells used to do sh*t like this all the time. Remember Leon Johnson's HB option? Well, that fat ****er will be in the HOF and he called that with the season on the line.

Punting the ball back to the Bears? I'm in favor. Pinning the Bears keeps them from scoring again. The Jets had plenty of time to score. BOTH times they got the ball back. The problem was the fluke punt hitting Cole. The long field is what killed them. They should have had the ball around the 35-40 with over a minute left. IMO the key reason to pin the Bears was that playing from their end zone they would play conservative offense and the Jets could be pretty sure of getting the ball back and probably in good field position.

Keller HAD to make that catch in the end zone? Keller had a great game. He almost made that grab, but it would have been a highlight reel catch. In the snow. In Soldier Field. In late December. This is a board who made excuses for Sanchez not being able to roll out without dropping the ball and Keller HAD to catch that? I don't think so. Before anybody says that great receivers catch that, let me say that I have watched many games with great recievers and have seen all of them miss balls much easier than that. That was not Holmes letting the ball float through his hands.

IMO the team is in great shape. About what I expected at the start of the season. There were times I thought they'd be better, but I'm happy enough. My technique would be to use more Greene, but otherwise basically stay the course. I'm not sure if I'd rest Sanchez. He has not scored a TD after a rest of over a week (Ravens - Packers - Pats). I'd make him play a quarter or two and throw the damn ball.

I will now get an espresso and go to work. Feel free to argue with single points or the whole thing. I will fight you all tooth and nail!

Worst post ever, lol.

You are a good poster. You may be our last hope.

Kiss of death! This is like Mike Singletary's vote of confidence!

I blame the Pats. They pissed in our Cheerios by quietly becoming dominant again while the Jets were screwing around with feet.

I was just having this discussion with my Pats fan co-worker. Belichick has been around long enough that whatever stupid move he makes he is blindly followed. He has the belief of his team and that is the #1 most important thing in football. Rex seems to have the confidence of the team, but not ours.

I was just having this discussion with my Pats fan co-worker. Belichick has been around long enough that whatever stupid move he makes he is blindly followed. He has the belief of his team and that is the #1 most important thing in football. Rex seems to have the confidence of the team, but not ours.

Yeah, winning three titles will do that for a guy. Really helps the ol' credibility.

And there are lots of posters that whine about people whining because they dont live in the same sunshine, lollipop and lemon drop world you live in.

Rex is not a good coach?

No. He is a terrible head coach. He's a good motivator and speaker and supporter of his players, but when it comes to actual game situations he stinks.

C'mon, you have to be kidding me.
Im not. He stinks.

The team has a top defense. Again. A top defense does not mean that they stop everybody every time.
yes. They have a nice defense, but he sucks as a head coach managing games.

Yes, there are some discipline issues and some clock issues. Were the Raiders a poorly coached team when they were winning super bowls by leading the NFL in penalties?

I dont give a sh!t what any other team has ever done. I care about the Jets. As a fan, I want perfection. I expect perfection. Yeah, I know I'll never see perfection, but I'll still bitch and moan about stuff when they arent perfect. Thats what being a fan is all about. It isnt being happy with mediocre performances every week Yeah its great we made the playoffs, but it doesnt erase the fact this team has major issues and now needs to go on the road to make the Super Bowl. Yikes!

Is Andy Reid a horrible coach? I think not.

Rex isnt horrible either. He stinks. And Andy Reid isnt a great coach. I expect a great coach, not a foot loving big mouth that cant manage a game.

Improvement can be made, but Rex isn't slowly ruining and squandering a team that somebody else built (see Herm Edwards, Bill Callahan and Wade Phillips). The team has consistently responded well to adversity. They laid down once against the Patriots. The rest of the season they have been in every game. They came back after losses, after being shut out, after Edwards DUI, and played well.

I agree. I think most fans expected a all-time great defense because of Rex's history and his big mouth. Stepping back and looking at the team, yeah, our D is pretty good. Not good enough and need to improve quickly, but good enough to keep us in games against crap teams.

Great shape? LOL!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Only thing great is we are one of 6 AFC teams to be in the road to the Super Bowl. Other than that this team is scary and who knows what will happen. I dont trust Sanchez and Shotty. I dont trust Rex to coach great. Im hoping we can go far but wont be surprised if we get knocked out in the first round.

Enjoy the espresso. No need to fight. Just need to learn that its ok for fans who waste time on a message board to complain about everything. Thats what this is for. Irrationality. If we all wanted rainbows and sunshine we wouldnt need a message board. We like to bitch and moan. It makes us feel closer to the team.

Have a nice day!smile.gif

for the most part you're right. I think what we're pissed about is the fact that the Jets cannot have a consistent december. We ALWAYS need a team to lose in order for us to get into the playoffs. We cannot WIN to make the playoffs unless its like the last game of the season and 5 teams happen to lose and we play the Bengals....

However, this is the best season since the 98 season granted. The problem as I said in another thread is the lack of a pass rusher and Shotty. I have no problem with Rex Ryan whatsoever. I dont think this team would be 10-5 without him. The players believe in him. We have alot of players going all out for him...however the inconsistencies are a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.

Mark Sanchez needs to make better decisions. Outside of that Texan game where he had a MONSTER 4th qtr. it seems like this guy resembles Chad Pennington in the 4th qtr with INT's when the game is on the line, maybe not as often, but it is there. I will partly blame Shotty for that as well given the playcalling. The playcalling isnt very expansive. Look at the Patriots for example; they have great plays that they put together which makes them a very dangerous and very consistent team. Shotty is a simple OC and its defeating the purpose of the talent on this team.

Thats what we're bitching about, not that we are jumping off the bandwagon, but that the things that could be done arent being done. How many times are we going to see a quick slant by Holmes/Braylon before one of these playoff teams jump the route and take it back for 6? How many times are we going to see Keller run a 5 yard crossing route when its 3rd and 10? How many times are we going to see Sanchez bootleg to the right and run RIGHT INTO the DE? Its ridiculous. We've beat ourselves in EVERY GAME except the beating that the Pats put on us.

Thats the problem. You can disagree, and I see your point...but to go as far as calling people babies is a bit of a stretch when there's validity in the problems that people are presenting.

One thing that I MUST give you credit for, with all these problems Rex STILL has this team at 10-5. We could have easily went the way of the 49ers and be 5-10. Anyone blaming Rex or want to see him gone is crazy. He's without a doubt the best Coach we've had in atleast a decade.

And there are lots of posters that whine about people whining because they dont live in the same sunshine, lollipop and lemon drop world you live in.

No. He is a terrible head coach. He's a good motivator and speaker and supporter of his players, but when it comes to actual game situations he stinks.

Im not. He stinks.

yes. They have a nice defense, but he sucks as a head coach managing games.

I dont give a sh!t what any other team has ever done. I care about the Jets. As a fan, I want perfection. I expect perfection. Yeah, I know I'll never see perfection, but I'll still bitch and moan about stuff when they arent perfect. Thats what being a fan is all about. It isnt being happy with mediocre performances every week Yeah its great we made the playoffs, but it doesnt erase the fact this team has major issues and now needs to go on the road to make the Super Bowl. Yikes!

Rex isnt horrible either. He stinks. And Andy Reid isnt a great coach. I expect a great coach, not a foot loving big mouth that cant manage a game.

I agree. I think most fans expected a all-time great defense because of Rex's history and his big mouth. Stepping back and looking at the team, yeah, our D is pretty good. Not good enough and need to improve quickly, but good enough to keep us in games against crap teams.

Great shape? LOL!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Only thing great is we are one of 6 AFC teams to be in the road to the Super Bowl. Other than that this team is scary and who knows what will happen. I dont trust Sanchez and Shotty. I dont trust Rex to coach great. Im hoping we can go far but wont be surprised if we get knocked out in the first round.

Enjoy the espresso. No need to fight. Just need to learn that its ok for fans who waste time on a message board to complain about everything. Thats what this is for. Irrationality. If we all wanted rainbows and sunshine we wouldnt need a message board. We like to bitch and moan. It makes us feel closer to the team.

Have a nice day!smile.gif

If it's the God given right of fans to complain on message boards, then it is my God given right to complain about their complaining.

As for the team, I like being scary. When was the last time the Jets were scary?

Yep. Thanks Tom Brady! Trade Randy Moss for a mid-round pick mid-season? Brilliant!

I agree. If Rex drafted and developed Tom Brady and got a draft pick in return for a washed-up malcontent at mid-season that spurred his team to a freakish run through the NFL we'd be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If it's the God given right of fans to complain on message boards, then it is my God given right to complain about their complaining.

As for the team, I like being scary. When was the last time the Jets were scary?

His name isnt God, its Max. biggrin.gif

And complain all you want. Thats fine. We've all whined about people whining about something. I did last week! Difference of opinion is fine and helps people learn and understand things more. Sadly this has become a thing of the past for most. people like spewing their views and blocking out any difference of opinion. You're not one of those people.

Heck, Im more calm about this team after reading your post. But I still think Rex stinks and Sanchez/Schotty worry me.

And the Jets are scary. Scary that you dont know which team will show up to play that week. biggrin.gif

How was the espresso?

for the most part you're right. I think what we're pissed about is the fact that the Jets cannot have a consistent december. We ALWAYS need a team to lose in order for us to get into the playoffs. We cannot WIN to make the playoffs unless its like the last game of the season and 5 teams happen to lose and we play the Bengals....

However, this is the best season since the 98 season granted. The problem as I said in another thread is the lack of a pass rusher and Shotty. I have no problem with Rex Ryan whatsoever. I dont think this team would be 10-5 without him. The players believe in him. We have alot of players going all out for him...however the inconsistencies are a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.

Mark Sanchez needs to make better decisions. Outside of that Texan game where he had a MONSTER 4th qtr. it seems like this guy resembles Chad Pennington in the 4th qtr with INT's when the game is on the line, maybe not as often, but it is there. I will partly blame Shotty for that as well given the playcalling. The playcalling isnt very expansive. Look at the Patriots for example; they have great plays that they put together which makes them a very dangerous and very consistent team. Shotty is a simple OC and its defeating the purpose of the talent on this team.

Thats what we're bitching about, not that we are jumping off the bandwagon, but that the things that could be done arent being done. How many times are we going to see a quick slant by Holmes/Braylon before one of these playoff teams jump the route and take it back for 6? How many times are we going to see Keller run a 5 yard crossing route when its 3rd and 10? I mean its ridiculous. We've beat ourselves in EVERY GAME except the beating that the Pats put on us.

Thats the problem. You can disagree, and I see your point...but to go as far as calling people babies is a bit of a stretch when there's validity in the problems that people are presenting.

Babies can make valid points too!

Disagree on Sanchez and the offense. I think Sanchez has played remarkably well in the 4th quarter. Texans, Browns and Lions back to back with overtime/late wins. I think the playcalling isn't expansive exactly because Sanchez is learning and they are protecting him. The slants are what 90% of the board is asking for more of.

As for the bandwagon we were the worst after the Ravens game. Super Bowl bound until the Packers. Ready to dominate the playoffs until the 2nd Pats game. Fire the coach and get a new QB until the Steelers game. Super bowl contenders again after the Steelers and now we have (GASP!) dared to back into the playoffs. Don't mistake the fact that 10 out of 100 may think rationally with what the rest of the knuckleheads are doing.

And complain all you want. Thats fine. We've all whined about people whining about something. I did last week! Difference of opinion is fine and helps people learn and understand things more. Sadly this has become a thing of the past for most. people like spewing their views and blocking out any difference of opinion. You're not one of those people.

Heck, Im more calm about this team after reading your post. But I still think Rex stinks and Sanchez/Schotty worry me.

And the Jets are scary. Scary that you dont know which team will show up to play that week. biggrin.gif

How was the espresso?

How good the espresso is, is not important. What is important is how pretty the lady is that you take to the bar and how bad your head will ache if you skip it!

By the way, I fully intend to keep spewing my views and blocking out differences of opinion!

Ah, the Circle of Life!

Now shaddup and stop yer bitchin'!

How was the espresso?

Rex stinks?????? What planet are you living on....Hate Rex and not knowing about Shotty???? How many game plans can he screw up??? Rex and Mark are second year Coach and Player.let them grow! Everyone has to STOP calling for coaches and/or GM's heads...we need stability PERIOD! Ritch Kotite had to go ...so did Lou Holtz but we have to give a system time to grow and Rex will have players who will DIE on the field for him. I haven't seen any QUIT in our JETS!!!!!

The offense MIGHT have found themselves the last 2 weeks. Short passes, intermediates and run the ball with a greater variety of looks.

Defense is solid and good enough to win a superbowl. But w/no pass rush, we're gonna need some luck.

Yep, we're gonna need some luck. Like every other NFL champion since they started playing the game.

Rex stinks?????? What planet are you living on....Hate Rex and not knowing about Shotty???? How many game plans can he screw up??? Rex and Mark are second year Coach and Player.let them grow! Everyone has to STOP calling for coaches and/or GM's heads...we need stability PERIOD! Ritch Kotite had to go ...so did Lou Holtz but we have to give a system time to grow and Rex will have players who will DIE on the field for him. I haven't seen any QUIT in our JETS!!!!!

I haven't seen any QUIT in our JETS either, but I have to admit that I fell asleep during the second Pats game.

Good post. Yes, there are a lot of things to complain about this team. We all know about the weaknesses (no pass rush, poor safety play, inconsistent offense), but I want to talk about Rex.

Call him fat, big mouthed, foot fetish. He may not be Vince Lombardi, but he is the best Jets coach since Tuna. He makes some mistakes, but he errors on the side of aggressiveness, which I will take over that play to not lose horsesh#t every time. Most important, this team believes in him. They never panic. Never give up. Look at the playoff run they made last year after going 9-7 in the regular season. They can do it again. I think Sanchez has turned a corner. He was brilliant yesterday. Against a top team, in their house, with bad weather conditions. And Shotty finally called a good game (the Bears could not tell if they were going to run or pass). This offense may be ready to explode. They just have to use Greene more. The more the offense controls the ball, the less the defense is on the field. I really think a big part of the defense's problem is they get too tired from being on the field so much (made worse by an inconsistent offense and poor defensive line and LB depth).

There are no great teams in the NFL this year. NE is overrated. Somebody will beat them up like the lowly Browns did. This could be the Jets year yet. We have the whole off season to work on the problems. Right now, us fans, should be excited about the real season that is about to start and the fact that we will be there. And that's where Rex comes in. These Jets players believe in him so much, they don't know what they are supposed to be afraid of.

nice post. Want you to know know I asked Santa for a pass rush. **** you Santa!!

Good post. Yes, there are a lot of things to complain about this team. We all know about the weaknesses (no pass rush, poor safety play, inconsistent offense), but I want to talk about Rex.

Call him fat, big mouthed, foot fetish. He may not be Vince Lombardi, but he is the best Jets coach since Tuna. He makes some mistakes, but he errors on the side of aggressiveness, which I will take over that play to not lose horsesh#t every time. Most important, this team believes in him. They never panic. Never give up. Look at the playoff run they made last year after going 9-7 in the regular season. They can do it again. I think Sanchez has turned a corner. He was brilliant yesterday. Against a top team, in their house, with bad weather conditions. And Shotty finally called a good game (the Bears could not tell if they were going to run or pass). This offense may be ready to explode. They just have to use Greene more. The more the offense controls the ball, the less the defense is on the field. I really think a big part of the defense's problem is they get too tired from being on the field so much (made worse by an inconsistent offense and poor defensive line and LB depth).

There are no great teams in the NFL this year. NE is overrated. Somebody will beat them up like the lowly Browns did. This could be the Jets year yet. We have the whole off season to work on the problems. Right now, us fans, should be excited about the real season that is about to start and the fact that we will be there. And that's where Rex comes in. These Jets players believe in him so much, they don't know what they are supposed to be afraid of.

Nice post.

One thing I don't like about our posters is the general black or white attitude. Some guys are up for discussion and some aren't. Schottenheimer is blamed for everything that goes wrong on offense. Rex is blamed for any lack of discipline. For some reason other guys get a pass.

Callahan? He got tons of points for the team being able to run. All positive running plays were on him and not Schottenheimer. Then suddenly the team couldn't run and it was Schottenhiemer's fault.

Westhoff? The guy has been a great ST coordinator for a very long time. I'd never think of replacing him, but they have had some failings on ST the last couple of years. I think that he was even given some specific player personnel input for 2010. The punt hitting Cole was a fluke, but still... Kicking to Hester? Maybe on a better field 'dig would have had him (and wouldn't have gotten injured), but why kick the ball near him? I thought we all agreed they wouldn't. The fake? Westhoff probably deserves some blame for that too, though the play itself was well thought out. People complain about the coaching, specifically name ST plays, but Westie gets a pass.

Feel free to argue with single points or the whole thing. I will fight you all tooth and nail!

I agree with most all you say here Dom. The only exception is with Schottenheimer - but if 100% of yesterdays play call and play design came from his cranium - I'm liking our future.

The fake punt did work even with the Bears personnel changing alignment after they read it. Smith just dropped a ball and even great players do that - he's just a very good player. And he will complete that pass from the wildcat some time when we really need it.

The defense is playing very good football considering we have no viable pass rush and better than half the not so great safety corps injured. Rex and our QB are 2nd year guys in their jobs - both have done good and bad but will continue to get better. Both are batting 1000 with the Chad P/Eric M "look - they're good - they made the play-off's" yardstick.

The most exciting thing to date is in the last 2 weeks, we've consistantly moved the chains and got 3rd down conversions against 2 top 5 defenses - now that we can do that we're really on our way.

The Jets suck. It's a nice little accomplishment to make the playoffs. Pat yourself on the back and say good job. They know what they need to do to ge better next year. But this season is over. We lose 1st round no matter who they play. Not a very good team yet and that's ok. We have a lot of the right things in place.2012 will be our year.

Westhoff? The guy has been a great ST coordinator for a very long time. I'd never think of replacing him, but they have had some failings on ST the last couple of years. I think that he was even given some specific player personnel input for 2010. The punt hitting Cole was a fluke, but still... Kicking to Hester? Maybe on a better field 'dig would have had him (and wouldn't have gotten injured), but why kick the ball near him? I thought we all agreed they wouldn't. The fake? Westhoff probably deserves some blame for that too, though the play itself was well thought out. People complain about the coaching, specifically name ST plays, but Westie gets a pass.

The ST were awful yesterday. Westie gets way too much praise around here IMO. How many times has his units given up an on sides kick? Not saying that Westie isn't one of the best, but he has bad moments too but you'd never hear that around here.

The Jets suck. It's a nice little accomplishment to make the playoffs. Pat yourself on the back and say good job. They know what they need to do to ge better next year. But this season is over. We lose 1st round no matter who they play. Not a very good team yet and that's ok. We have a lot of the right things in place.2012 will be our year.

Great OP Dom. I do disagree with the late punt though. The D was having a horrible game, and with time running out I would rather have tried to get the 1st down. As it was the D didn't hold them to a 3 and out and they were able to burn a lot of time. Even if the punt didn't hit Cole, they still would have needed to go around 50 yards in about a minute for a TD. Not an easy task with no TO's.

I'd also like to add to the bozo post list the ones that say we "backed in". No team "backs in" after winning 10 games, especially when there is another game yet to be played that would have clinched the playoff spot anyway. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen around here.

Archived