i have a situation

JOJOTOWNSELL

i have a friend (huge jets fan)who is going to a wedding on sunday at 5 pm. He was concerned about the availibilty of TV's so he called the hall where the wedding is and asked if they would have any. He was told, "There are no TV's, this day is about the bride, not football." LOL, if this was you and you HAD to go, what would your setup be??

AM radio and headphones up the sleeve ALA al bundy??

Mini TV hidden in your girlfriends purse??

Ipad or Iphone??

We need the best solution and thought you guys could help

Dont have a solution but I remember last year there was a similar situation with a caller who called into Mike & Mike except it was HIS wedding and it was the AFC Championship game. The bride actually called the hall and made sure they had TV's set up so her future husband wouldnt miss the game. Now that's a keeper right there haha

My approach having been in similar situations is....

Record the game. Avoid all TVs and radios. Let anyone who brought a radio, blackberry or small TV to the wedding that I absolutely do NOT want updates.

Kick off time is moved to when I am on the couch in the living room with a beer.

That only works if people generally don;t like you. Everyone feels the need to update me on everything for every game. No way that works. Gotta do something in real time.

i have a friend (huge jets fan)who is going to a wedding on sunday at 5 pm. He was concerned about the availibilty of TV's so he called the hall where the wedding is and asked if they would have any. He was told, "There are no TV's, this day is about the bride, not football." LOL, if this was you and you HAD to go, what would your setup be??

Ipad or Iphone??

Rent an RV for the day with HDTV and a dish.

he should have someone run over his foot for him sunday morning and watch the game from his hospital room

hahahahahahah

That is a really good idea! I have a question for Jets fans....if you were in my friends situation and really wanted to sit in front of a tv and watch the game......How far would you physically harm yourself to get into am hospital and watch the game ala have a friend run over your foot or run into a bee hive with a blindfold on ect.....

i think i would go as far as spraining my own ankle so i couldnt walk but no broken bones

Also, i still need awesome solutions lol

Ipad or Iphone??

I would not go to a hall where the day was "about the bride" to begin with. That is a lame comment. The day is about a wedding between TWO people who love each other not just the BRIDE.

Feign illness.

Take syrup of ipecac if you need a real barf to seal the deal.

Send her to the wedding and act all sad and dreary while she is leaving.

BABOOOOOM its go time!

that has been discussed but we are working on the assumption that you HAVE to be in attendance......are there any justin tv apps or anything for an iphone??

that has been discussed but we are working on the assumption that you HAVE to be in attendance......are there any justin tv apps or anything for an iphone??

you don't HAVE to be at a wedding unless you're one of the two people taking vows. if he starts puking all over the place they will be glad to be rid of him.

I would not go to a hall where the day was "about the bride" to begin with. That is a lame comment. The day is about a wedding between TWO people who love each other not just the BRIDE.

i thought tyhat comment was super lame also.........the funny part was he was skirting around the issue and made NO mention of football and that old bitch pulled that line on him......something tels me he wasnt the first to call asking about tv's for that day :lol:

Ipad or Iphone??

I thought it was HIS wedding. Just explain he would love to go but the Jets are playing in the playoffs and that happens less then some people actually get married. Then he needs to put couple extra hundge in the envelope and everyone wins. I think it's worse to go and be staring at a TV while someone is getting married. Buy your damn freedom. They would rather have the extra money then him being their staring at a teensy video screen.

Ipad or Iphone??

1272547755-mike-the-situation.jpg

Ipad or Iphone??

If its his wedding he's an idiot and deserves to miss the game

If its not his wedding, dont show up. If his family/friends dont care enough about scheduling a wedding during football playoff season, he shouldnt care if he goes or not. One reason why my wedding is booked for May. Nothing important happens in May. And if it does i dont give a sh!t if nobody shows up.

ding ding ding, i think we have a winner

Thanks EY, you have done your good deed for the day!

He has to buy a slingbox too, so it's not a cheap solution, but slingboxes are pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure there's no monthly subscription so he's good for life on it.

Archived