Jets' Antonio Cromartie tells Daily News he hates Tom Brady, calls Patriots QB an 'a$$----'

TaborJet

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Brady is an a$$hole. Cromartie's just reporting the news here. No reason to kill the messenger.

That said, I do think the Jets want to try to get under the Pats skin. Get them to play more emotional than cerebral.

Maybe a public tail between their legs -and private confidence- would've been better, but what do I know. I do know the Jets have the Pats' attention. Belichick wanted to make sure his team didn't sleep on the Jets after their 45-3 thumping, and the Jets are helping him out in that regard.

But fvck Tom Brady and the HoF he plans to get elected to.

Win something + Talking= Confidence

Win nothing + Talking= Arrogance

Win nothing + Getting your sh*t pushed in last time + Talking= Clownish idiocy

Well, if you want to get technical...other then the cute little AFCE pin you get to wear during the offseason, the Jets have won a lot more than the Pats have in Rex's time here. 3 playoff games and a AFC Championship game appearance. Meanwhile, the Pats got their sh*t pushed in the last time it meant something. And considering the match up between BB and Rex is split even, I'd say the Jets bravado has some substance behind it.

:rl: Higher stakes?

Yes, higher stakes. World peace is riding on this game now because Cro thinks Brady is an a$$.

Tom Brady is an a$$hole. Cromartie's just reporting the news here. No reason to kill the messenger.

That said, I do think the Jets want to try to get under the Pats skin. Get them to play more emotional than cerebral.

Maybe a public tail between their legs -and private confidence- would've been better, but what do I know. I do know the Jets have the Pats' attention. Belichick wanted to make sure his team didn't sleep on the Jets after their 45-3 thumping, and the Jets are helping him out in that regard.

But fvck Tom Brady and the HoF he plans to get elected to.

I've never heard so many players say this kind of stuff about a player. Brady isn't a very popular player among the players is he? Suggs said the same things. Hey last time leading up to the game it was all about how great Brady and Belichick are and look what that tact got us...

Ding, ding ding!!

I am just trying to understand how this fits into that equation. Because the Jets are certainly orchestrating this

It's possible, but I think you exaggerate the level of control they have over these guys. If these guys (Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie) were so easy to control they wouldn't be on the Jets. They are generally some blend between stupid and/or crazy.

Ellis says Brady taunted Jets in rout

by MARK HALE

Last Updated: 6:58 AM, January 12, 2011

Shaun Ellis, alone among Jets players yesterday, reiterated Rex Ryan's contention of a day earlier that Tom Brady rubbed the Jets' noses in it last month during the Patriots' 45-3 Foxborough rout.

"Yeah, he was taunting us," Ellis told The Post after practice. "He was."

The charge came up on Monday, as Ryan surprisingly claimed Brady "took a shot at me by his antics on the field." Specifically, Ryan declared, "He always points [to everybody] after he scores." Ryan called it "Brady being Brady."

Brady, who's been in the NFL since 2000, hasn't been accused of being classless or unprofessional on the field in the past. And in the Jets' locker room yesterday, a bunch of players insisted they had never seen Brady do anything like what Ryan said.

Ellis was the exception.

According to the veteran defensive lineman, "They were winning. He was feeling good, I guess, about himself. They controlled us a lot in that game.

"It wasn't too much," Ellis added. "It's just his body language and things like that. When they scored, he'd look over to our sideline and do a little body language and all that. He was fired up for that game. We're going to get the same thing this week. It's for us as a defense to go out there and shut him down."

Asked if it was something he'd done in the past against the Jets, Ellis said, "He doesn't like the Jets. Any time he gets a chance to rub it in our face, he's going to do it. For us, it's just a matter of we want to see him on the ground as much as possible."

Other Jets insisted they haven't seen evidence of Brady's "antics," to use Ryan's word.

"I've never seen him point at somebody," Darrelle Revis said. "Like after they score a touchdown, I'm not looking at Tom Brady. I don't know. I just go off to the sideline and make the corrections as best as we can. I've never heard him taunt or trash talk when I've been around him, no."

Said Sione Pouha, "I didn't see anything. I'm sure if it was something, it was just emotions of the game. But I didn't see anything in particular."

Nor did Eric Smith or Tony Richardson, who insisted they've never heard Brady taunt or showboat. And David Harris said, "He's not a real big trash-talker. He just goes out there and plays his game."

Ryan said Monday that "my job is to keep [brady] out of the end zone'' -- and yesterday, Dwight Lowery said that's basically what Sunday's game boils down to.

"I don't recall any of that happening, but at the same time, if you don't want it to happen, if you don't want to see it, then we've got to stop him from getting in the end zone so we can do it back,'' said Lowery.

It's possible, but I think you exaggerate the level of control they have over these guys. If these guys (Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie) were so easy to control they wouldn't be on the Jets. They are generally some blend between stupid and/or crazy.

Control these guys? They are in exact concert with their head coach.

This message is so steady it is deliberate.

This wasn't an outburst, it was a plan.

While this is true, we are playing them in a couple days here. Win and it doesn't matter. Lose and we're a punchline, nothing new there

Ellis says Brady taunted Jets in rout

by MARK HALE

Last Updated: 6:58 AM, January 12, 2011

Shaun Ellis, alone among Jets players yesterday, reiterated Rex Ryan's contention of a day earlier that Tom Brady rubbed the Jets' noses in it last month during the Patriots' 45-3 Foxborough rout.

"Yeah, he was taunting us," Ellis told The Post after practice. "He was."

The charge came up on Monday, as Ryan surprisingly claimed Brady "took a shot at me by his antics on the field." Specifically, Ryan declared, "He always points [to everybody] after he scores." Ryan called it "Brady being Brady."

Brady, who's been in the NFL since 2000, hasn't been accused of being classless or unprofessional on the field in the past. And in the Jets' locker room yesterday, a bunch of players insisted they had never seen Brady do anything like what Ryan said.

Ellis was the exception.

According to the veteran defensive lineman, "They were winning. He was feeling good, I guess, about himself. They controlled us a lot in that game.

"It wasn't too much," Ellis added. "It's just his body language and things like that. When they scored, he'd look over to our sideline and do a little body language and all that. He was fired up for that game. We're going to get the same thing this week. It's for us as a defense to go out there and shut him down."

Asked if it was something he'd done in the past against the Jets, Ellis said, "He doesn't like the Jets. Any time he gets a chance to rub it in our face, he's going to do it. For us, it's just a matter of we want to see him on the ground as much as possible."

Wow, we sound like little bitches at this point. We talked sh*t, they killed us, and then rubbed our nose in it. Now our feelings are hurt... lol

While this is true, we are playing them in a couple days here. Win and it doesn't matter. Lose and we're a punchline, nothing new there

Exactly. The Jets have absolutely nothing to lose. If the Jets lose they are going to get thoroughly trashed by the media whether they talk or not. Might as well get your money's worth.

Every single post of yours screams that the Jets, eternally, have something to prove to YOU, which, in all honesty, is ******* annoying. Just relax your ******* sphincter and be a FAN, it's okay, it's SPORTS.

where there's smoke...

Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs Engaged in Trash-Talk Battle With Tom Brady

by Michael Hurley on Mon, Oct 18, 2010

There are honorable ways to lose football games, and then there are the not-so-honorable ways.

Ravens linebackers Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs chose option B.

After the Ravens allowed Tom Brady and the Patriots to rally from a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter and eventually win in overtime, Lewis and Suggs -- two veterans with a combined 22 seasons and 313 NFL games under their belts -- decided to talk about how the Patriots weren't very good.

"If we see them in the playoffs, we will be ready again," Lewis said, according to The Baltimore Sun. "I don't think they did anything different other than throw the passes they always throw."

Suggs, who got into a verbal altercation with Brady in the fourth quarter on Sunday, echoed Lewis' sentiment.

"[brady] just better hope that he doesn’t see us again," he told the newspaper.

"I think they got like one or two plays that they drew up on the bye week that actually worked, like the [brandon Tate reverse in the first quarter] and the little double wheel with [Aaron] Hernandez," Suggs added, according to the Boston Herald. "But after that, when they had to line up and play football, they didn’t have too many things go well for them. [brady] made some plays and we tip our hat for him. Congratulations."

Suggs didn't explain the details of his shouting match with Brady, instead saying the quarterback was teaching him how to "bag a Hollywood actress" and that the two were "going over the Dow, the economy and politics."

The back-and-forth went beyond the face-to-face confrontation in the fourth. When Brandon Tate ran a reverse in the first quarter, Brady looked to seek out Suggs and dive directly at the linebacker's knees -- something Suggs did to Brady last year in Foxboro.

On Monday morning, Brady responded to the comments.

"He had his chance," Brady said on The Dennis and Callahan Morning Show on WEEI. "Maybe if he gets another chance he can try to back those words up, but he had a chance yesterday. You know, we've played guys a lot, and they've beat us one time in all the times that I've played them.

"They talk a lot for beating us once in nine years."

Every single post of yours screams that the Jets, eternally, have something to prove to YOU, which, in all honesty, is ******* annoying. Just relax your ******* sphincter and be a FAN, it's okay, it's SPORTS.

Eh? My sphincter is the most relaxed in the league.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kxlZDOHeQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kxlZDOHeQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kxlZDOHeQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

fail01.jpg

There is an angle they are purposely trying to play here. Just can't say that I understand what it is.

These things do not come out at this time of year unless they are premeditated and done for a purpose. Not with this consistency.

Very interesting.

They are kicking the sleeping giant.

Are they really a 'sleeping giant'.

Had these words not been spoken, did you think they were going to come out soft?

Are they really a 'sleeping giant'.

Had these words not been spoken, did you think they were going to come out soft?

Well, if there was a slight chance that the Patriots were comfy and secure coming off a 42 point prior victory, that notion is gone.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, just trying to understand their strategy. because there is one behind this.

Archived