ARROGANCE AND ATTRITION CATCH UP TO EVERYONE!!!

Klecko73isGod

The talent is still there. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have gone 14-2. That being said, they're not the same as they used to be. Brady seems to have lost something and the defense needs more work. Luckily, they have plenty of draft picks to load up.

The talent is still there. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have gone 14-2. That being said, they're not the same as they used to be. Brady seems to have lost something and the defense needs more work. Luckily, they have plenty of draft picks to load up.

Alk, the Pats went 14-2 because your HOF QB had essentially a career year and everyone overachieved. Seriously, the team should be commended for playing so well above their talent level.

That can't be expected every year.

Guest Jpf4671

The talent is there but when you start losing champions like Brusci, Seymor, Harrison,..etc..that's hard to replace, sometimes like when the Yankees lost o'neill and company it takes years, sometimes like when the islanders lost bossy,trots and company it's gone forever.

No it's not. 25th in total defense, 32nd on third down. You don't have 11 first rounders to replace the garbage you got. And you can't mask a sh*tty defense and a lack of playmakers on offense in the playoffs.

Brady and Belicrap have lost their last three playoff games, including a choke job in the Super Bowl and back to back beatdowns at home.

The last two seasons in the playoffs:

Sanchez 4-1 all on the road.

Brady 0-2 at home.

Yeah so they can load up on more TE's and awful safetys.

The talent is there but when you start losing champions like Brusci, Seymor, Harrison,..etc..that's hard to replace, sometimes like when the Yankees lost o'neill and company it takes years, sometimes like when the islanders lost bossy,trots and company it's gone forever.

That's when the Pats had any semblance of dominant defense.

Back in the dynasty days, they want to shut you down and let Brady lead some clutch drives. They frustrated Manning many a times.

No it's not. 25th in total defense, 32nd on third down. You don't have 11 first rounders to replace the garbage you got. And you can't mask a sh*tty defense and a lack of playmakers on offense in the playoffs.

Brady and Belicrap have lost their last three playoff games, including a choke job in the Super Bowl and back to back beatdowns at home.

The last two seasons in the playoffs:

Sanchez 4-1 all on the road.

Brady 0-2 at home.

I know what the defense did this season. That's why I said it still needs work but the pieces and talent is there. The secondary has a chance to be really good with some experience and hopefully a pass rush.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The talent isn't there anymore.

Rex and Mark: 3-2 vs. the classless, cheating scumbags from New England.

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!!

Im thrilled with the win and the fact that NYJ are now unarguably one of the top teams/organizations.

However, most rebuilding teams have losing seasons.

The NEP nail AFCE titles and go 14-2 while rebuilding.

I prefer going to AFC title games to AFCE titled but..............

Whats with your arrogance??

Guest Jpf4671

One thing Brady should address in the offseason is a new way to keep warm in January, he walked around all day on national tv looking like one of the French guys from the holy Grail. nice hat buddy.

You think so? I think it's the receivers. They were brutal today. Didn't get open a lot today. There were a couple of plays, like the out throw to Branch where Revis broke it up by pulling on Branch's arm, where Brady had like an inch window to throw it with a chance of completing with no chance of a pick, and he made it. Your gay QB isn't the problem. It's the doody on his penis.

I know what the defense did this season. That's why I said it still needs work but the pieces and talent is there. The secondary has a chance to be really good with some experience and hopefully a pass rush.

14-3 in a re-building year is pretty ******* impressive.

pats have a ton of picks and as long as they have Brady this is going to be a great rivalry for the next 3-5 years. Brady, Rivers, Flacco, Rapist, Sanchez - the AFC is going to be loaded for a while.

You think so? I think it's the receivers. They were brutal today. Didn't get open a lot today. There were a couple of plays, like the out throw to Branch where Revis broke it up by pulling on Branch's arm, where Brady had like an inch window to throw it with a chance of completing with no chance of a pick, and he made it. Your gay QB isn't the problem. It's the doody on his penis.

I think I might be faster than Wes Welker.

You could call it "rebuilding" while I call it squandering the last prime years of an NFL QB.

This whole team is about Brady. Belichick tries to use his boatload of picks to surround Brady with uber JAGS and then have the media call them elite.

Danny Woodhead? Really? Nice player, like Branch, but far from elite. The Jets attacked Brady and this team was toast because there are so few playmakers.

The ship has sailed on the Pats. Brady is going to be 35 next year. He's not getting better.

Enjoy that MVP trophy because that's the last bit of shiny hardware this franchise will see in a long time.

Guest Jpf4671

You could call it "rebuilding" while I call it squandering the last prime years of an NFL QB.

This whole team is about Brady. Belichick tries to use his boatload of picks to surround Brady with uber JAGS and then have the media call them elite.

Danny Woodhead? Really? Nice player, like Branch, but far from elite. The Jets attacked Brady and this team was toast because there are so few playmakers.

The ship has sailed on the Pats. Brady is going to be 35 next year. He's not getting better.

Enjoy that MVP trophy because that's the last bit of shiny hardware this franchise will see in a long time.

This is an amazing point, the best I've seen all week, all the "rebuilding" crap from the media is b.s. This isn't hockey, you never rebuild when you have a 35yr old HOF qb.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The talent isn't there anymore.

Rex and Mark: 3-2 vs. the classless, cheating scumbags from New England.

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!!

Im not taking away from this victory. The talent IS there, its just simply different talent. This is still a very very good football team. If they werent talented we'd be 5-0 and not 3-2. We wouldnt have gotten blown out 45-3 as well.

Their mistake was the arrogance that you spoke of. Belichick should have controlled that last reg season game and not allowed the score to be ran up like that. BOY WAS THAT sh*t REMEMBERED! The Patriots IMO was not leaving that stadium with a win today specifically because of the way they ran up the score. The jets were JACKED today. That defensive line had its best game this year by far, as well as the secondary. The dline was getting pressure without the blitz and the secondary caused multiple coverage sacks.

Dont run up the score....people take that sh*t personally and will end your season when it really counts. I bet the Pats will remember that sh*t next time they decide to "feel" themselves.

But to say that they're talentless is an enormous stretch.

pats have a ton of picks and as long as they have Brady this is going to be a great rivalry for the next 3-5 years. Brady, Rivers, Flacco, Rapist, Sanchez - the AFC is going to be loaded for a while.

Rebuilding year my a$$. It's just another year of cheating for that fraudulent franchise.

The Pats* haven't won anything without cheating in the last 40 years.

Take away the advantage Brady had when he knew the defensive coverages before the snap and he's nothing but a p*ssy, hit him a few times and he folds like a house of cards.

Rex was right - this was the 2nd biggest win of Jets history.

MVP my a$$ - choke artist is more like it.

Arrogance is dumping Randy Moss because...any idea here? He's a jerk. So are a lot of NFL players. That arrogance led to this loss. You cannot dump talent and think it won't hurt. Enjoy your draft picks at home, and wonder what good they'll do you when Bieber Boy packs it in.

Im not taking away from this victory. The talent IS there, its just simply different talent. This is still a very very good football team. If they werent talented we'd be 5-0 and not 3-2. We wouldnt have gotten blown out 45-3 as well.

Their mistake was the arrogance that you spoke of. Belichick should have controlled that last reg season game and not allowed the score to be ran up like that. BOY WAS THAT sh*t REMEMBERED! The Patriots IMO was not leaving that stadium with a win today specifically because of the way they ran up the score. The jets were JACKED today. That defensive line had its best game this year by far, as well as the secondary. The dline was getting pressure without the blitz and the secondary caused multiple coverage sacks.

Dont run up the score....people take that sh*t personally and will end your season when it really counts. I bet the Pats will remember that sh*t next time they decide to "feel" themselves.

But to say that they're talentless is an enormous stretch.

I never said they were "talentless." I said they lacked the talent to be considered serious contenders as evidenced by their terrible defense, lack of real playmakers on offense and sieve-like offensive line.

Alk, the Pats went 14-2 because your HOF QB had essentially a career year and everyone overachieved. Seriously, the team should be commended for playing so well above their talent level.

The Jets are most definetely a better overall team than the Pats Its why I made the thread talking about DEFENSE last week. DEFENSE always wins and 2 of the best QB's in history are outside looking in because of OUR GREAT DEFENSE.That being said the Pats young defense will only get better and we can expect a decade of dog fights vs this teams due to the draft picks they have compiled. Should be really interesting. Right now we've finally turned the tide on the Pats and no one can deny that not even the Pats Trolls. Nice thread Kleck

I'm a dick for crapping on the parade, but the NFL has major roster turnover every year and they have FA and a draft to work with.

I still hate the Dolphins more.

Jets win more than just a playoff game

Jan 17, 2011 4:16 AM ET

FOXBORO, Mass.

The Jets won the culture war.

After a week’s worth of heated trash talk that exposed the disdain between the Jets and the Patriots, Rex Ryan’s pack of alleged bad boys humbled Bill Belichick’s pack of alleged choirboys, 28-21.

Not since 1988’s “Catholics vs. Convicts” clash at Notre Dame Stadium has football staged the kind of cultural confrontation we witnessed Sunday at Gillette Stadium.

Jets-Pats was more than a typical NFL divisional playoff contest. To some degree, it was a battle for the heart and soul of the league.

“It’s all about a system with (the Patriots),” a Jets executive told me in the postgame locker room. “With us, it’s all about the players.”

Rex Ryan’s New York Jets are America’s No. 1 reality TV show. They’re loud, talented, in your face and occasionally wildly irresponsible (Sex Ryan’s foot fetish videos, Antonio Cromartie’s baby-mama fetish, etc.). In the buttoned-up, Roger Goodell-disciplined NFL, the Jets come off like the NBA’s Miami Heat.

If you had to compare Bill Belichick’s Patriots to a basketball team, only the WASPy, boys-next-door Duke Blue Devils fit the description.

In winning three Super Bowls early in the new millennium and consistently fielding outstanding regular-season squads, Belichick perfected the art of choosing overall team character, locker-room chemistry and adherence to rules of media secrecy over loading up on individual talent.

In places such as Kansas City and Atlanta — where former Belichick-trained executives have power — the “Patriots Way” has a pronounced influence. In other cities, the Belichick influence is more subtle.

The Patriots Way is rejected in New York by Rex Ryan. The Jets say what they want, do what they want and they’re completely unafraid to call bull(crap) on Belichick and the Patriots.

To the Jets, the Patriots Way is Spygate and hypocrisy. The Patriots cheat and they’re phony. They’re Eddie Haskell. The locker room America bought as filled with All-American, high-character good guys is really filled with Wes Welkers, the New England receiver who made the game’s most critical error days before kickoff when he littered a pregame interview with foot jokes about Rex Ryan and his wife.

“I’ve never seen anything like that,” LaDainian Tomlinson told me. “She’s off limits. You don’t talk about that man’s wife. (Welker) better be glad he didn’t say anything about my wife.

“This is how I feel: When it happens to them, it’s classless. When they do it, it’s a different story.”Welker, who was benched by Belichick for New England’s first series, crossed a line. It’s one thing for the media and fans to joke about Ryan’s personal life. The players and coaches are peers. They shouldn’t participate in anything that embarrasses one of their peer’s family members.

Welker handed the Jets the emotional advantage.

“I felt that it motivated a lot of guys,” said Mark Brunell, New York’s veteran backup quarterback. “It was inappropriate.”

New York fullback Tony Richardson, another longtime veteran, added, “That was personal. Guys will take shots at other guys. But that was personal. There was no reason to bring his family into it. Rex has a son in 10th grade.”

The lone stupidity challenge to Welker’s blunder was Belichick’s strategic blunder late in the second quarter.

Trailing 7-3 with 74 seconds left in the half and facing fourth and 4 at the New England 38, Belichick called for a fake punt. Defensive back Patrick Chung dropped the direct snap and the Jets tackled him for a 1-yard loss.

The Jets capitalized, scoring a quick TD to take a commanding 11-point lead.

The fake was ignorant. There was no reason to force anything at that point. The Pats were getting the second-half kickoff. New England panicked. The alleged “smartest” team in football played a dumb football game.

They fell for Rex’s and Cromartie’s trash-talk bait, and when New York’s superior defensive personnel and flawless game plan stopped Tom Brady and Co. from gliding up and down the field, the Patriots turned amateur with their strategy.

Down 10 points in the fourth quarter, Brady chewed up nearly eight minutes of clock with a 14-play, 48-yard drive that featured seven running plays and the Pats sauntering in and out of the huddle as though there would be a fifth quarter.

CBS cameras appeared to catch Belichick complaining about his team’s offensive play-calling.

It’s now fair to question everything about the Patriots.

They haven’t won a Super Bowl since Spygate. Judging by Jay Glazer’s FOX Sports pregame story, Belichick and the Patriots were building special-teams, sideline-tripping walls long before the Jets.

Yeah, the Jets won the culture war.

To the Jets, the Patriots Way is Spygate and hypocrisy. The Patriots cheat and they’re phony. They’re Eddie Haskell. The locker room America bought as filled with All-American, high-character good guys is really filled with Wes Welkers, the New England receiver who made the game’s most critical error days before kickoff when he littered a pregame interview with foot jokes about Rex Ryan and his wife.

Welker stepped in more sh*t than he or his teammates could handle. A lot of people on this board were right last week when they said all the trash talk was going to awake a sleeping giant - only the giant that was awakened wears green and plays like a beast when it's pissed off.

Wow. I'm in awe of this post. Short, sweet and 100% correct. Repped SMC. :D

I only posted this because of the Tomlinson quote. You doin't really know a player until you see how he handles himself every day. And seeing LT this year, it's clear he is the epitome of class.Now may be he goes home and does awful things to his family, but I doubt it. he seems like a very decent guy. For him to say this was really out of character.

“I’ve never seen anything like that,” LaDainian Tomlinson told me. “She’s off limits. You don’t talk about that man’s wife. (Welker) better be glad he didn’t say anything about my wife.

“This is how I feel: When it happens to them, it’s classless. When they do it, it’s a different story.”

Wes Welker with Randy Moss taking on the other team's top CB is a Pro Bowler. Without Moss, he's a decent but slow slot/possession receiver. And for him to bring the foot thing up was trailer trash scummy.

I only posted this because of the Tomlinson quote. You doin't really know a player until you see how he handles himself every day. And seeing LT this year, it's clear he is the epitome of class.Now may be he goes home and does awful things to his family, but I doubt it. he seems like a very decent guy. For him to say this was really out of character.

“This is how I feel: When it happens to them, it’s classless. When they do it, it’s a different story.”

Wes Welker with Randy Moss taking on the other team's top CB is a Pro Bowler. Without Moss, he's a decent but slow slot/possession receiver. And for him to bring the foot thing up was trailer trash scummy.

I absolutely love that that little bitch cried after the game.

Archived