In Case You Haven't Heard-The REASON The Pats Lost

SoFlaJets

what really struck me about Welker's comments were when you read them it was classic stuff-really funny but yesterday I finally saw the video of him saying it and when you watch it it comes over very much like a douchebag

The fact he got benched for that was comical. Belly is losing it.

I'm starting to actually hate Welker. He's so ridiculously overrated its not even funny. He's a JAG and people treat him like he's elite. I'll never understand it.

And I love how he was benched, but got to field the first punt. Too funny.

**** WES WELKER. Remember this...

"Welker paused, glanced at the Patriots team logo on the bus and seemed to be thinking," Schefter writes. "Finally, he lifted the cap off the Sharpie, autographed his name and kept on writing just the way Ryan did."

Welker's response to Ryan was simply "one game at a time."

Yeah right.He was so benched that he recieved and returned the punt.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID.

yea yea yea...but....but...but if NE had scored a TD it would have gotten the Jets thinking about maybe another 45-3 debacle....Kay is friggin horrible

I'm starting to actually hate Welker. He's so ridiculously overrated it not even funny.

You know normally I'd disagree but after yesterday's game I think I'm finally starting to see it. Elite WR's in that situation (the entire 4th quarter), you do whatever you can to get them the ball because they make plays. Fitz in the Super Bowl a few years back, Holmes, even Calvin Johnson in that one BS call against Chicago earlier in the year; last night it just seemed like taking away the quick out or dinks over the middle and he was rendered obsolete. Great guy to have when you're playing with a lead and an outstanding #2 on any team, but I'd take Holmes and Braylon over him and probably about 10-15 other WR's at least. I don't think he's any better than Coles was in his prime.

I'm starting to actually hate Welker. He's so ridiculously overrated it not even funny. He's a JAG and people treat him like he's elite. I'll never understand it.

And I love how he was benched, but got field the first punt. Too funny.

**** WES WELKER. Remember this...

"Welker paused, glanced at the Patriots team logo on the bus and seemed to be thinking," Schefter writes. "Finally, he lifted the cap off the Sharpie, autographed his name and kept on writing just the way Ryan did."

Welker's response to Ryan was simply "one game at a time."

Great post, Welker is a clown!

The fact he got benched for that was comical. Belly is losing it.

He was making the statement that the Pats are classier than the Jets, and that when his players trash talk (specifically after being told not to) they get punished. Fvck him. Meanwhile, Cro calls Tom Brady an azzhole, and starts the game lined up against Welker's replacement. Haha!

The thing is, the Pats offense was rolling in the first quarter with Welker on the bench. I was reading Pats fans laying a lot of blame on this move, too, but it obviously didn't hurt them on the field.

More whining from the great Cheats.

He was making the statement that the Pats are classier than the Jets, and that when his players trash talk (specifically after being told not to) they get punished. Fvck him. Meanwhile, Cro calls Tom Brady an azzhole, and starts the game lined up against Welker's replacement. Haha!

The thing is, the Pats offense was rolling in the first quarter with Welker on the bench. I was reading Pats fans laying a lot of blame on this move, too, but it obviously didn't hurt them on the field.

More whining from the great Cheats.

Bingo!

They moved the ball better on the drive without him, then they did with him.

And wasn't Kay the dude that said Jets and Yankees fans (as in someone who roots for both teams) don't even exist?

He's a freaking tool!

He also said the series was over after the Yankees took game 1 against the Rangers.

He used to talk about Joba like he was a groupie rooming with him.

Total douche wad!

You know normally I'd disagree but after yesterday's game I think I'm finally starting to see it. Elite WR's in that situation (the entire 4th quarter), you do whatever you can to get them the ball because they make plays. Fitz in the Super Bowl a few years back, Holmes, even Calvin Johnson in that one BS call against Chicago earlier in the year; last night it just seemed like taking away the quick out or dinks over the middle and he was rendered obsolete. Great guy to have when you're playing with a lead and an outstanding #2 on any team, but I'd take Holmes and Braylon over him and probably about 10-15 other WR's at least. I don't think he's any better than Coles was in his prime.

He's no where near an elite WR...not even close.

The biggest thing going against Welker that will never put him in an elite category is he is not a go to guy. When you need a big play, at the biggest moment, and you need a WR to make a big catch, a tough catch, ala Braylon vs. Colts...Welker just cant do that...and never will.

He's not a player who you fear, he doesnt scare you, he does nothing that really worries you. Sure, he can catch a ton of passes within 5 yards with nobody around and then get an extra yard or 2...but when have you ever seen Welker make a tough catch? Its always 5 yard dump offs in space with nobody around. Its not hard, and its why anyone in the league can do it, ala Danny Woodhead.

I'd easily take 30 WR's in the league over Welker. 3 of them are currently on my favorite team.

He's no where near an elite WR...not even close.

The biggest thing going against Welker that will never put him in an elite category is he is not a go to guy. When you need a big play, at the biggest moment, and you need a WR to make a big catch, a tough catch, ala Braylon vs. Colts...Welker just cant do that...and never will.

He's not a player who you fear, he doesnt scare you, he does nothing that really worries you. Sure, he can catch a ton of passes within 5 yards with nobody around and then get an extra yard or 2...but when have you ever seen Welker make a tough catch? Its always 5 yard dump offs in space with nobody around. Its not hard, and its why anyone in the league can do it, ala Danny Woodhead.

I'd easily take 30 WR's in the league over Welker. 3 of them are currently on my favorite team.

What? Welker is a big time player. So big time that most of the time the pats arent in dire situations to need that BIG PLAY because Welker was cutting teams up for 3 qtrs.

Im a Jet fan but im no hater, which is what makes yesterdays victory much more sweeter. We beat an ELITE team in a do or die situation. Welker is a playmaker, and one of the best in the game right now. I'll take welker over moss anyday. Moss will get you one 80yard bomb but welker will get you 15 catches for 150 yards which sets up the offense to do other things to take further advantage of a defense. Taking credit away from Welkers ability only diminishes what the Jets did last night. We dominated Welker and the rest of that squad.

Bingo!

They moved the ball better on the drive without him, then they did with him.

Which is exactly what Pasty fans will be saying if he ever leaves the team.

What? Welker is a big time player. So big time that most of the time the pats arent in dire situations to need that BIG PLAY because Welker was cutting teams up for 3 qtrs.

Im a Jet fan but im no hater, which is what makes yesterdays victory much more sweeter. We beat an ELITE team in a do or die situation. Welker is a playmaker, and one of the best in the game right now. I'll take welker over moss anyday. Moss will get you one 80yard bomb but welker will get you 15 catches for 150 yards which sets up the offense to do other things to take further advantage of a defense. Taking credit away from Welkers ability only diminishes what the Jets did last night. We dominated Welker and the rest of that squad.

There is nothing big time about Welker. Nothing. He's a JAG. Nice little slot player, thats about it.

Again, name me a time he's ever made a big play or a tough catch. When the game is on the line and you need a bunch of yards and have to do it through the air, the last person I'm thinking of is Wes Welker.

He's worthless running routes longer than 8 yards. Sorry. There is nothing impressive about that. And I've been saying this about him for years so it doesnt diminish the Jets performance last night. He was a product of Moss and now thats he's gone, he's a JAG. Danny Woodhead and Julian Edleman can do his job with little to no fall off, thats how average Welker is.

No we didn't. We beat an insanely overrated team that is normally very well coached and normally gets very good QB play. They have no playmakers of any consequence who scare anyone and their defense is terrible.

was because Belichick benched Welker...as per The Michael Kay Show...Steve Young said it, so did Kay and so did Wilfat on his radio show up there...

Yeah he was n the bench for one series...what have they been smoking...he caught 7 passes...but for only 57 yds..his feet never got in D-End Zone !

Oh, there are plenty of us.

That is actually incedibly nice to hear. I've always wondered for the life of me how many dicks he had to suck to get to where he is. The guys ego is second to no one. And his entire shtick is that, hey, I have no ego, I'm just a regular awesome guy, which makes him even more annoying. And for obvious reasons I really wished I liked him.

Pretty much Kay, Francesa, Mike Golic are kind of the my three amigos in terms of radio personalities I dislike. Cowherd sometimes makes it in the circle if I listen to him too much but he's at least consistent and doesn't hide the fact of who he is.

was because Belichick benched Welker...as per The Michael Kay Show...Steve Young said it, so did Kay and so did Wilfat on his radio show up there...

Kay is just making up an excuse and trying to cover his arse because he was wrong last week. He spouted off and made a huge deal last week that the Jets trash talking was going to motivate brady and make him turn it up an extra notch for the game. He had Ian O'Connor on his show and was saying how great his article was as it had examples of past performances by elite athletes who raised their level after trash talk and how the Jets would lose because of it.

Now that the Jets won he needs and excuse.

Link to the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6016292

I am sure Patriot Nation has corrected this, but just in case.

Wilfork said he would not have benched him. Not that the reason they lost was because he was benched. :rolleyes:

Archived