Scotty McKnight

Vudu

During his senior year at Tesoro High School, McKnight was nearly expelled from school after writing about one of his teachers in a school assignment. The assignment discussed his desires to glue the teacher naked to a wall, cut off her feet, kill her family while she watched, smother her in gasoline and light her head on fire. He missed most of his senior year of football and had his scholarship offer pulled by Boise State (which is how he ended up at Colorado as a walk-on).

9025_150844636226_632591226_3179914_4817490_n.jpg

During his senior year at Tesoro High School, McKnight was nearly expelled from school after writing about one of his teachers in a school assignment. The assignment discussed his desires to glue the teacher naked to a wall, cut off her feet, kill her family while she watched, smother her in gasoline and light her head on fire. He missed most of his senior year of football and had his scholarship offer pulled by Boise State (which is how he ended up at Colorado as a walk-on).

9025_150844636226_632591226_3179914_4817490_n.jpg

I'm liking him already

To be fair, you don't know what the assignment was about. :mellow:

He missed most of his senior year of football and had his scholarship offer pulled by Boise State

apparently it wasn't " detail a violent fantasy you have had about a teacher"

Chop off your feet ... lick your feet. The Jets are the sweet and sour pork of the NFL.

Picture yourself getting your feet licked by Rex and then chopped off by McKnight and all the while Bart Scott is in your face barking at you and licking up your tears. Actually, this is the plot for the next Tarantino film.

With final pick, Jets draft WR Scotty McKnight, best friend of Mark Sanchez

Published: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 6:29 PM Updated: Saturday, April 30, 2011, 7:09 PM

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger

Byron Hetzler/US PresswireWR Scotty McKnight is Colorado's career leader in receptions and receiving touchdowns.

QB Mark Sanchez might be locked out, along with the rest of the players in the NFL, but his team did him a solid with their final draft pick.

With pick No. 227 in the seventh round, the Jets selected Colorado receiver Scotty McKnight — Sanchez's best childhood friend from Southern California.

"I feel so grateful just to be drafted," said McKnight, who was at a draft party with Sanchez and his family. "But deep down, I was hoping I would go to the Jets."

McKnight called it a "dream come true." He had met most of the Jets organization personally as Sanchez's friend, but got to speak to GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan on a professional basis this evening.

The pair has been friends since elementary school, but have never played on the same team. Sanchez helped out McKnight by throwing to him at Colorado's Pro Day, and Sanchez's representation — Athletes First, along with Sanchez's older brother, Nick Sanchez — also signed McKnight.

On the field, McKnight finished his college career as Colorado's all-time leader in receptions (215) and receiving touchdowns (22), and third all-time in receiving yards (2,521 yards). He is a smaller receiver, at 5-foot-11 and 185 pounds.

When the Jets coaches called McKnight, they told him they need him to contribute on special teams. This is not the first time the team has signed one of Sanchez's preferred receivers: last fall, they claimed WR Patrick Turner, Sanchez's former teammate at USC, who spent the season on and off the practice squad.

McKnight has been training in California with Sanchez and Turner — and while he planned to be at next week's Jets West either way, was ecstatic that he can now watch film and learn the playbook with the group.

But McKnight warned that Sanchez should be careful with any form of rookie hazing.

"We’ve been buddies since we were 8 years old," McKnight said."I've got a lot of ammo in case he does want to haze me."

im usually not a fan of "favor" picks but as QB / WR is such a trust based relationship... if Scotty McKnight is going to be productive it will be because Mark Sanchez gives him the chance to be productive.

Picture yourself getting your feet licked by Rex and then chopped off by McKnight and all the while Bart Scott is in your face barking at you and licking up your tears. Actually, this is the plot for the next Tarantino film.

can't wait!

New York Jets reunite Scotty McKnight and Mark Sanchez

Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Posted: 04/30/2011 04:36:46 PM MDT

Colorado wide receiver Scotty McKnight didn't get a chance to play with his best friend in college, but he will in the pros.

McKnight was drafted in the seventh round today by the New York Jets, where Mark Sanchez is the starting quarterback. Sanchez and McKnight have been friends since they were both kids in Southern California.

The Jets selected McKnight with their second pick in the seventh round. It was the 24th pick of the round and the 227th pick of the draft. Colorado's all-time leading receiver learned he had been selected while at his parents house in Orange County watching the draft.

Some will certainly question whether McKnight's relationship with Sanchez influenced the Jets in picking him, but an impressive pro day in March in which Sanchez flew to Boulder to serve as McKnight's personal quarterback for the workout might have been just as big an influence.

The two performed well together as McKnight ran numerous routes for the 19 organizations on hand and didn't drop a pass.

"I don't think it could have gone any better for him," Sanchez said after that March 9 workout. "His drills were great. His numbers were awesome. ... All the stuff that he's been working towards these last few months, it all just came to fruition today. He deserves it because he did a great job this entire process."

McKnight will have his work cut out for him in trying to make a Jets roster already filled with playmakers at wide receiver. The Jets also previously selected Texas Christian wide receiver and punt return man Jeremy Kerley earlier today.

But McKnight is not the type to shy away from a challenge. He came to CU as a walk-on prior to the 2006 season and left the program with his name near or at the top of most of the program's career receiving lists.

im usually not a fan of "favor" picks but as QB / WR is such a trust based relationship... if Scotty McKnight is going to be productive it will be because Mark Sanchez gives him the chance to be productive.

Most may disagree...but the family nature of the team since Rex got here...allows this kind of pick...probably a bubble pick but like the idea.

New York Jets reunite Scotty McKnight and Mark Sanchez

Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Posted: 04/30/2011 04:36:46 PM MDT

Colorado wide receiver Scotty McKnight didn't get a chance to play with his best friend in college, but he will in the pros.

McKnight was drafted in the seventh round today by the New York Jets, where Mark Sanchez is the starting quarterback. Sanchez and McKnight have been friends since they were both kids in Southern California.

The Jets selected McKnight with their second pick in the seventh round. It was the 24th pick of the round and the 227th pick of the draft. Colorado's all-time leading receiver learned he had been selected while at his parents house in Orange County watching the draft.

Some will certainly question whether McKnight's relationship with Sanchez influenced the Jets in picking him, but an impressive pro day in March in which Sanchez flew to Boulder to serve as McKnight's personal quarterback for the workout might have been just as big an influence.

The two performed well together as McKnight ran numerous routes for the 19 organizations on hand and didn't drop a pass.

"I don't think it could have gone any better for him," Sanchez said after that March 9 workout. "His drills were great. His numbers were awesome. ... All the stuff that he's been working towards these last few months, it all just came to fruition today. He deserves it because he did a great job this entire process."

McKnight will have his work cut out for him in trying to make a Jets roster already filled with playmakers at wide receiver. The Jets also previously selected Texas Christian wide receiver and punt return man Jeremy Kerley earlier today.

But McKnight is not the type to shy away from a challenge. He came to CU as a walk-on prior to the 2006 season and left the program with his name near or at the top of most of the program's career receiving lists.

As someone said earlier, give him #80!

Media types are barbequing thias pick.

But damned if anyone wants to really know what any 17-year old boy is thinking. And if you went to school in the 1980s, high school and college Enlgish departments were filled with silly folks who encouraged mere children to "write what you WERE REALLY THINKING".

In my 18-year old freshman writing class my write what you really think diary consisted mostly of my burning desire to boink the hot girl in the class. Alas as I was a geeky dorky weirdo it did not come to pass.

So Scotty wanted to kill the teacher for asking him to write what he was really feeling. So he writes some "Kill Bill" gibberish. Again, better idea is not to ask 17/18 year old boys what they are really thinking. You don't want to know.

Media types are barbequing thias pick.

But damned if anyone wants to really know what any 17-year old boy is thinking. And if you went to school in the 1980s, high school and college Enlgish departments were filled with silly folks who encouraged mere children to "write what you WERE REALLY THINKING".

In my 18-year old freshman writing class my write what you really think diary consisted mostly of my burning desire to boink the hot girl in the class. Alas as I was a geeky dorky weirdo it did not come to pass.

So Scotty wanted to kill the teacher for asking him to write what he was really feeling. So he writes some "Kill Bill" gibberish. Again, better idea is not to ask 17/18 year old boys what they are really thinking. You don't want to know.

Well put.

Archived