Deion Branch: Bring ’em on

F.Chowds

FOXBORO — Deion Branch didn’t blink. Didn’t flinch. He just smiled when asked about the possibility of having to face both Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha in the New York Jets [team stats] secondary.

Gang Green are in the Asomugha sweepstakes along with the Houston Texans [team stats]. They’re in the running for the Pro Bowl cornerback’s services.

“That’ll be good if that happens for them,” Branch said of the potential Jets dream-team secondary. “But until it happens, it’s just a bunch of rumors.”

And what if those rumors come true? What if the Jets manage to land the top free agent in the market in Asomugha and pair him with Revis?

“I’d love it. I love the competition,” Branch said of going toe-to-toe with two of the game’s premier shutdown corners. “I enjoy the game. I love to compete each and every day. Once I lose that, then I stop playing.”

It could have been snowing yesterday, as opposed to a perfect 80-degree afternoon, and Branch wtill would have been smiling and pumping up the game he loves.

Whether the question involved a potential new wrinkle with the rival Jets defense or a knock on the Pats offense, Branch took it all in stride. He was just glad the lockout was finally finished so he could get back to work with his teammates.

Branch indicated he had met up a few times with quarterback Tom Brady [stats] the past few months to get in some work, although he didn’t want to divulge all their trade secrets.

“We did a couple things. I don’t want to say everything we did,” Branch said following the team’s morning walkthrough. “I think we did a great job of getting together, all the guys, trying to get a little work in.”

Last season, Branch didn’t arrive until being traded from Seattle in October. He didn’t have the benefit of a camp to touch on all the nuances of the playbook, so he’s glad he’s here from the opening gun.

“I feel good, real good,” Branch said. “I’m excited. I’m glad to be back, glad to have a full training camp with the team instead of coming in in October. I’m excited for the opportunity and what we have going this year.”

Branch, who caught 48 passes for 706 yards and five touchdowns after coming over from the Seahawks, will take the Patriots [team stats] offense with Brady at the helm against all comers. And that was before the team acquired colorful wideout Chad Ochocinco last night.

“I can’t remember what the stats were. I think we did OK last year,” Branch said. “Now we just got to continue to improve. So whatever coach (Bill) Belichick brings in, or if we roll with the guys we have, we’re going to make the best of it.”

Deion Branch is one of the biggest bitches in the NFL.

Remember how he was crying about the Jets being classless after the playoff defeat, ignoring the Pats' own antics after beating the Jets in Foxboro?

STFU, clown.

Lets be real here guys... Saying he'd love the competition of going against the two best corners in football isnt exactly "talking sh*t".

Let's be real. Thinking he provides any competition for Revis or Aso is delusional. LOL

When Branch says he loves competition, it is talking sh*t. When a reporter asks a Patriots player about the Jets, it means the Jets are in the player's head.

What a curious world some people live in. I wish I could see the world through your eyes some day.

WTF happen to the " patriot way" 85,Fat Albert Talking sh*t. Is Belly losing control?

Where exactly did Branch talk sh*t in this article?

Someone asked him a stupid question, he answered like a normal person. Paraphrasing: "I like the competition" "The day I do not enjoy compeition is the day I quit football." Wow, smack talk supreme. :rolleyes:

You Jets fans are soooo senstive it prevents many of you from comprehending what you are reading.

Someone asked him a stupid question, he answered like a normal person. Paraphrasing: "I like the competition" "The day I do not enjoy compeition is the day I quit football." Wow, smack talk supreme. :rolleyes:

You Jets fans are soooo senstive it prevents many of you from comprehending what you are reading.

I agree that there's nothing to this article or Branch's comments, but this judgment of Jets fans as a whole based on a few people coming from a friggin' Pats fan of all people is beyond laughable. Talk about the biggest crybaby fan base there is.

If you don't like it don't post on a Jets message board go to Pat's planet and join the 85 circle jerk. comprehend that.

Signed

F.Chowds

I guess calling them two of the game's 'premier shutdown corners' is not a compliment. :rolleyes:

Archived