Cullen Jenkins

F.Chowds

Eagles land Cullen Jenkins

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 30, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT

Another day, another big free agent signing for the Philadelphia Eagles’ defense.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that former Packers defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins has reached an agreement with the Eagles on a five year, $25 million deal.

Jenkins played 11 games for the Packers last season, starting eight and recording seven sacks. The 30-year-old had played his entire seven-year career in Green Bay.

The signing comes less than 24 hours after the Eagles made a huge splash in free agency by signing cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Maybe the Eagles really will be a Dream Team. Or maybe they’ll discover that you can’t just spend your way to the Super Bowl.

Eagles land Cullen Jenkins

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 30, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT

Another day, another big free agent signing for the Philadelphia Eagles’ defense.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that former Packers defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins has reached an agreement with the Eagles on a five year, $25 million deal.

Jenkins played 11 games for the Packers last season, starting eight and recording seven sacks. The 30-year-old had played his entire seven-year career in Green Bay.

The signing comes less than 24 hours after the Eagles made a huge splash in free agency by signing cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. Maybe the Eagles really will be a Dream Team. Or maybe they’ll discover that you can’t just spend your way to the Super Bowl.

WTF????? How in the world are they doing all of this?

So they build this defense and ignore one of their top quick hit weapons on O? Unless they have something planned to trade one of these pieces this doesn't seem smart.

They will trade Asante Samuel. No chance that they acquire FA's then trade them.

WTF????? How in the world are they doing all of this?

The Eagles have always been geniuses with the salary cap. They are probably the premier organization when it comes to structuring contracts and dumping overpaid talent at the right time. They, along with the Packers, are the two teams that most people study and try to pattern themselves after when it comes to contracts. They are the loophole finders and most forward thinking organizations in the NFL.

people need to calm down

babin was good 1 year in his contract year.. not suprising he will prolly fade away... jenkins was productive in a great green bay defense playing next to clay matthews and bj raji.... asante will prolly be gone.. Their safeties and linebackers blow.. and oline is inexperienced and young.. also their new dcoordinator was an oline coach for the past like 13 years.. vick will get injured this year.. eagles can be paper champions all they want

Maybe just maybe Tanne is working a deal for DeSean Jackson... :o If not they are the team to beat this year.

While I think he's a great WR, I don't think he's great for Sanchez and the Jets especially with Holmes already here. We need height bc we all know how Sanchez has those overthrows.

While I think he's a great WR, I don't think he's great for Sanchez and the Jets especially with Holmes already here. We need height bc we all know how Sanchez has those overthrows.

D-Jax is so fast that I think Sanchez can't overthrow him. Also Sanchez has a great long ball anyway.

Archived