Osi Available (For 2nd Round Pick?) - MERGED

visajets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2nd round pick ain't the issue. The issue is the money he's going to want. I don't think we're going to be able to afford him, but if it came down to him or Edwards at this point, I'd probably pick Osi, because we need a pass rusher that can manipulate one on one.

Presuming the NYJETS win the Super Bowl this season. That pick would be #32. Id take a chance on Osi for it this guy is a pass rushing demon regardless if its a 4-3 or 3-4. Come on guys this isnt Vernon Gholston.

SORRY, I MEANT TO REPLY TO A POST, THAT I CANT FIND KNOW, SAYING THAT A FIRST ROUNDER FOR A 4-3 DE WAS A JOKE....NOT THIS POST. ^ BTW, FIRST POST OF THE NEW SEASON. HOW's EVERYONE DOING? lol

I just can't understand that blanket statement. We need a pass rush. He rushes the passer. Rushing the passer is rushing the passer, 4-3, 3-4, 2-5. 30 is not old. A draft pick guarantees nothing, as we all know. If a first rounder meant instant success, we would have taken care of this problem a while ago. Hell yeah, get the 30 year old pass rushing stud. I don't care where people are around him. He needs to line up in the 3 point stance (or upright....if he feels like it, actually) and when the ball is snapped head straight for the QB, worked for Gastineau for a few years, and they did bounce between formations during that time, if I recall correctly (Klecko's claim to fame?)

But really, if a RB is coming at you, tackle him. I dont think it's as tough as playing middle linbacker. Osi fills a HUGE VOID, our achilles heel if you will, instantly.

Listening to the local radio dudes here it appears most of them agree that he is NOT worth it. I say....DO IT!

I am starting to really like what's going on here, but I still am not convinced we can get to the qb, 3 drafts later. Yes, pull the trigger. You know he wants to play here. They all do!!

Really, just avoid viasjets. Really miraculous that he was allowed to sign up again after the sh*t he pulled under his previous name.

To be fair he can be amusing, in a completely unintentional, laugh at, not with, feel sorry for this retard sort of way.

The 2nd round pick ain't the issue. The issue is the money he's going to want. I don't think we're going to be able to afford him, but if it came down to him or Edwards at this point, I'd probably pick Osi, because we need a pass rusher that can manipulate one on one.

What he said

Really, just avoid viasjets. Really miraculous that he was allowed to sign up again after the sh*t he pulled under his previous name.

To be fair he can be amusing, in a completely unintentional, laugh at, not with, feel sorry for this retard sort of way.

Whats so unbelievable is how you are still are allowed to troll here after all these years, its all you do. You offer nothing close football orientated or knowledgeable. Osi would help this defense immediately its a shame you dont understand a dam thing about American football. A few are now saying hes worth going after in another thread. I fully expect you to join them sooner than later.

My...brain...exploding...

Drop it down 5 notches. There's no room here for a poster who annoys everyone. There's space for only a couple and Thor and I have seniority.

Respectfully I have been. Being called a retard is going to be ignored? :angry:

Respectfully I have been. Being called a retard is going to be ignored? :angry:

It's going to take more than a day. You've earned more than 1 day of backlash and it's a bit silly to think every poster here keeps a gauge that monitors your posting.

If you keep yourself under control then we have moderators here that will keep everyone in check in your defense. I can't think of which ones, but probably Max because he's a big softie.

It's going to take more than a day. You've earned more than 1 day of backlash and it's a bit silly to think every poster here keeps a gauge that monitors your posting.

If you keep yourself under control then we have moderators here that will keep everyone in check in your defense. I can't think of which ones, but probably Max because he's a big softie.

Thank you I will respect that. Haters hate and I know how to ignore. If and when they get Osi I fully expect many go into hiding.

Here's the problem:

</h1>

<h1 class="entry-title">Osi’s agent running out of time to find a trade partner

Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT

104028475-e1312328938557.jpg?w=250

Getty Images

The Giants have given the agent for defensive end Osi Umenyiora a window of opportunity for finding a trade partner.

Eventually, that window will close.

It’s not going to be long now,’’ agent Tony Agnone told Paul Schwartz of the New York Post.

Agnone told Schwartz that he has spoken to 21 teams about a possible trade. “Just trying to convince them to give up that elusive first-round pick,’’ Agnone said. “Still working on it.’’

An equal if not bigger impediment surely will be finding a team willing to give Umenyiora a contract in the same ballpark as the one signed last week by Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson. A one-year full-time starter, Johnson parlayed 11.5 sacks into a six-year, $76 million deal, with a $30 million signing bonus and a total of $32 million guaranteed.

“How does a guy who had one good year [no disrespect to Charles Johnson] sign a deal and make more than both me and [Justin] Tuck combined?” Umenyiora wrote in an e-mail to the Associated Press on Monday. “It’s not right.”

What Umenyiora apparently doesn’t realize is that public complaints of this nature won’t do much to soften up a new team’s wallet. Umenyiora has been unhappy with his current deal since not long after he signed it. Even if Umenyiora is content with his new contract if he ever gets to a new city, it’s fair for his prospective new team to wonder what else he’ll complain about — especially if he receives the kind of contract that makes him essentially bulletproof.

Bottom line? He has about as much of a shot at Charles Johnson money as Ahmad Bradshaw had at getting DeAngelo Williams money.

And as to Umenyiora’s assertion that contracts aren’t a two-way street, with teams able to walk away but players forced to stick it out, that’s an issue the players could have pursued in the recently-completed CBA talks. But the players have recently reaffirmed their commitment to the system about which Umenyiora is complaining, and Umenyiora specifically signed off on the one-way nature of player contracts when he applied his John Hancock to the settlement of the Brady class action lawsuit.

That makes it very hard for his complaints to gain any traction whatsoever.

The guy's been complaining about his current deal since he signed it. He's looking for Nnamdi type cash, and will probably be unhappy shortly after he gets it. He has a hard time staying healthy. He costs a high pick in addition to that big salary he'll require. There are a ton of reasons he shouldn't/won't be coming to the Jets.

Rushing from a line position is much different than rushing from an OLB position. This guy would only be situational here and he wants too much money to be situational.

Here's the problem:

</h1>

The guy's been complaining about his current deal since he signed it. He's looking for Nnamdi type cash, and will probably be unhappy shortly after he gets it. He has a hard time staying healthy. He costs a high pick in addition to that big salary he'll require. There are a ton of reasons he shouldn't/won't be coming to the Jets.

This

Here's the problem:

stock-photo-moodie-character-yelling-frantically-at-a-brick-wall-literally-talking-to-a-brick-wall-63942658.jpg

Not impossible. They definitely look to be more 4-3 oriented with Haynesworth on board. Osi would complete a four man line for them nicely.

I know, and that sucks, but I really think they are going to get him.

I do to and I trust that they understand that certain player's skill sets don't necessarily complement what they are trying to do.

HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!

Edit: My apologies, I forgot you were the fugasi captain.

Whats so unbelievable is how you are still are allowed to troll here after all these years, its all you do. You offer nothing close football orientated or knowledgeable. Osi would help this defense immediately its a shame you dont understand a dam thing about American football. A few are now saying hes worth going after in another thread. I fully expect you to join them sooner than later.

Nobody here gets you like me. I get you.

Here's the problem:

Completely agree. That's a huge problem for the Jets, and I'm sure plenty of other teams. What only makes it worse for the Jets than any other team is he has no starting / every-down position in his defense.

Archived