Patriots put Ellis on PUP

JoeWillie

According to multiple reports, the Patriots have placed Ellis, who is recovering from a hip issue, on the physically unable to perform list. Ellis will have to sit out New England’s first six games if he’s still on the PUP list when the regular season begins.

Geez ... $4M for a 34 year old guy coming off hip surgery, who may not be able to play the first 6 games?

Maybe Rex and Tanny knew what they were doing?

Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that Charlie Burk's reporting that the smear campaign on Ellis starts tentatively later today.

be careful there buddy boy as one of Charlie's legal reps (yes, a JN spy) I have to advise you about slandering my client's good name

Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is that Charlie Burk's reporting that the smear campaign on Ellis starts tentatively later today.

Charlie also reported that Jose Reyes was taken out of the Mets game the other day because he was traded when we all saw him favoring his hamstring.

This is interesting.

I can't believe that the Pats would sign him with out having him take a physical.

I suspect, like Brandon Moore, the PUP is just playing it safe. But then again maybe not

He took a physical. I suspect they are being cautious because he's out of shape. I think that is true of the other big guy, Haynesworth.

The Pats have their first pre-season game this Thursday. I can imagine what a mess that will be. I think that is true of all teams. They just have not had enough time to prepare. Sloppy = injury. Scares the beejesus out of me.

He took a physical. I suspect they are being cautious because he's out of shape. I think that is true of the other big guy, Haynesworth.

The Pats have their first pre-season game this Thursday. I can imagine what a mess that will be. I think that is true of all teams. They just have not had enough time to prepare. Sloppy = injury. Scares the beejesus out of me.

Agreed, I've been saying for a while now the start of this season is going to be some of the sloppiest football with some of the highest injury rates we've ever seen. You can't just cut out months worth of prep time and expect everything to work out exactly the same way. The reduced practice schedule will probably help things from getting too crazy injury wise in camp itself, but I think will only make the injury rate that much worse in the preseason games and early regular season games.

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Former Jets DE Shaun Ellis placed on Pats' PUP list, according to multiple reports. Probably hasn't passed conditioning test. #Jets

He has not passed the conditioning test because they have not given him the test.

'Gotta love the media. Are they all as bad as Boston and New York? I have a hard time beliveing that some scribe in St. Louis is as big of an arsehole as Cimini or Borges.

Agreed, I've been saying for a while now the start of this season is going to be some of the sloppiest football with some of the highest injury rates we've ever seen. You can't just cut out months worth of prep time and expect everything to work out exactly the same way. The reduced practice schedule will probably help things from getting too crazy injury wise in camp itself, but I think will only make the injury rate that much worse in the preseason games and early regular season games.

Injuries are piling up already. I think it's been reported that there are 10 or so achille's injuries. It's definitely gonna be a sloppy preseason/season.

He has not passed the conditioning test because they have not given him the test.

'Gotta love the media. Are they all as bad as bad as Boston and New York? I have a hard time beliveing that some scribe in St. Louis is as big of an arsehole as Cimini or Borges.

Speaking for Miami, Yes they are.

'Gotta love the media. Are they all as bad as Boston and New York? I have a hard time beliveing that some scribe in St. Louis is as big of an arsehole as Cimini or Borges.

:face:

Not the media as a whole in this instance, just that incompetent boob Cimini.

Maybe he just failed his physical.

He hasnt passed his conditioning run yet. Nobody practices until they pass the conditioning test.

Putting him on pup was the plan all along. Ellis didnt know what to expect and had no time to prepare for the run.

Its funny, because it gets peanut gallery in a frenzy like hes injured and cant play.

Archived