•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hey guys I'm new here! Thoughts on the tiny playoff window...

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Havnt

Havnt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

In order for the Jets to have a chance at that wildcard spot two of the following need to happen:

A.) Colts lose 3/4 (Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans)

B.) Steelers lose 3/4 (Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns)
C.) Bengals lose 2/4 (Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens)

This takes into account the fact that the Jets have the tiebreaker on the colts and that the steelers have the tiebreaker on the jets and the jets (should) have the tiebreaker on the bengals for having the better divisional record. Especially with Ben coming back, I don't see the Jets leaping over Pittsburgh and I'm more than concerned that the Texans might not play Luck to hard as they have clenched the division (Then again, last year in week 17 assuming the Jets beat Miami they would have needed the already clenched Texans to beat the Bengals and they still played their starters so theres at least a precedent of them not sitting pre-playoffs.)

Which do you believe are the most likely?

Edit: To me the storybook ending would be the Bengals losing to the cowboys then beating the eagles and steelers; the steelers end up beating the chargers then losing to the boys and bengals and finally the browns giving the browns a massive moral victory over the divisional opponent by knocking them out of contention while the Ravens do the same to the Bengals. To hell with the god damned steelers. This would make week 17 end the season so magically for the jets.

Edited by Havnt, 07 December 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#2 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Most likely? Sanchez starts through next season and we are doomed to be miserable for another season.

#3 Havnt

Havnt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Pretty pessimistic. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanchez be completely unable to move the ball against the Jaguars leading up to a pick that throws McElgod back into the QB position before halftime.

Edit: Love the Landry avatar. That dude is a straight beast.... I'm dreading the offseason with his one-year contract...

Edited by Havnt, 07 December 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#4 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

In order for the Jets to have a chance at that wildcard spot two of the following need to happen:

This takes into account the fact that the Jets have the tiebreaker on the colts and that the steelers have the tiebreaker on the jets and the jets (should) have the tiebreaker on the bengals for having the better divisional record. Especially with Ben coming back, I don't see the Jets leaping over Pittsburgh and I'm more than concerned that the Texans might not play Luck to hard as they have clenched the division (Then again, last year in week 17 assuming the Jets beat Miami they would have needed the already clenched Texans to beat the Bengals and they still played their starters so theres at least a precedent of them not sitting pre-playoffs.)

Edit: To me the storybook ending would be the Bengals losing to the cowboys then beating the eagles and steelers; the steelers end up beating the chargers then losing to the boys and bengals and finally the browns giving the browns a massive moral victory over the divisional opponent by knocking them out of contention while the Ravens do the same to the Bengals. To hell with the god damned steelers. This would make week 17 end the season so magically for the jets.

I love it when my team clenches.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#5 StraightCash

StraightCash

2x MVNoob

• Members
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Come on mon can't be serious yo.

you all hate me and want to be me... so conflicted... like pre-teen girls geetting thei first period.

#6 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

#7 Havnt

Havnt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

That.Was.Perfect. haha

#8 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,018 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

hi mrs. mcelroy.....

#9 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,129 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

The Jets suck.

#10 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,814 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

There's a scenario out there where the Jets finish 8-8 and end up with the 5th seed. The AFC blows.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#11 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

we win out, make the play-offs and get murdered in the 1st round, thus insuring us a pick in the low 20's again.

Edited by Jetfan13, 07 December 2012 - 09:05 AM.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#12 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

I love it when my team clenches.

:rl:
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#13 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

we win out, make the play-offs and get murdered in the 1st round...

but.,. but... but... Rex made another playoff game we can hang our hat on for another couple years!!!!

#14 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

They need to win, and lord knows we arent doing that.

#15 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

i don't even care about the playoffs. If they win every game out and don't make the playoff's, i'm really happy with that effort. 9-7 without Revis would be a great job by all.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#16 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,814 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

i don't even care about the playoffs. If they win every game out and don't make the playoff's, i'm really happy with that effort. 9-7 without Revis would be a great job by all.

1. We're not winning out. I'm gonna go ahead and guarantee that.

2. Great job by ALL??? Seriously?

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#17 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

2. Great job by ALL??? Seriously?

yes, if they win out. 9-7 without revis would be a great job. But they have to win 4 straight games to get there (big if). look at the schedule, it's all very winnable games.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#18 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,179 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Who is this?
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#19 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 23,127 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Who is this?

Tim Tebow. He's bored.

#20 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Who is this?

Black Dynamite?

#21 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,517 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Without the league's best defender, without your best offensive player and with the worst Qb in the league?

It would be the coaching job of the year.
Posted Image

#22 Havnt

Havnt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Haha what a stir!

#23 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Without the league's best defender, without your best offensive player and with the worst Qb in the league?

It would be the coaching job of the year.

if rex wins coach of the year people around these boards would explode

#24 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,517 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

if rex wins coach of the year people around these boards would explode

No they wouldnt. They'd all want him fired still and credit the run to the schedule.
Posted Image

#25 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

No they wouldnt. They'd all want him fired still and credit the run to the schedule.

REX FOR COACH OF THE YEAR!

on one condition ....... he figures out a way to rid the jets of sanchez. Now that would be magical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users