Report: GM Mike Tannenbaum FIRED (MERGED)

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's no such thing as planning mode in the NFL you either turn it around in a year or you try again next year. this idea that the Jets have to fire everyone so they can be good in 2015 is flat out wrong. there's no rebuilding in this league, only reloading.

Nonsense, you are flat out wrong.

That is how fans think, good GM's and good coaches absolutely do not think that way, nor should a good owner.

You people are insane. Keeping Rex means you've cut off your nose in the search for a new GM. No GM worth an ounce is going to assume Rex's baggage.

More importantly you've also delayed the entire evaluation period on him for yet another year. Now whoever comes in has a throwaway year. So even if the franchise hasn't improved after year 3, the logic will be that he was dealing with the holdovers from the previous administration in year 1. The whole thing is just dumb.

More importantly you've also delayed the entire evaluation period on him for yet another year. Now whoever comes in has a throwaway year. So even if the franchise hasn't improved after year 3, the logic will be that he was dealing with the holdovers from the previous administration in year 1. The whole thing is just dumb.

It is backwards thinking

Rex should be gone too. He has proven that his ceiling is as a very good defensive coordinator. The ducks all lined up for the first 2 seasons, but he was not held accountable for the inexcusable loss in the AFC championship game in Pittsburgh. The better team in that game did not win, and was not prepeared to play at kickoff.

Rex has a job because he's a cartoon character and the owner is a jocksniffing dick in a ball cap and shirtsleeves. Keeping the coach on while bringing in a new GM is the blueprint the Browns just wasted three years on. We're not even ****ing trying anymore. Let's see if fatty thinks it's funny when Isiah starts making noise about replacing him with Lou Brown.

This is just flat out wrong.

this isn't the nba there's no lebron to save the franchise and there's 53 guys on a roster. turnarounds can and do happen quickly. Ya know what doesn't happen? a team cleans house, sucks for 3 years and then wins a championship in year 4. show me when that's happened. maybe the Jimmy Johnson cowboys 25 years ago.

Mike Shanahan told Dan Snyder he needed 5 years to turn it around. Seems like he had a planning mode and rebuilt.

shanahan was hired in 2010 and is in the playoffs in 2012. he had a 1 year turn around basically. that happens. this idea that the team will be terrible for 3 or 4 years and be good after that isn't based in reality. When teams are terrible for 3+ years they usually stay terrible.

shanahan was hired in 2010 and is in the playoffs in 2012. he had a 1 year turn around basically. that happens. this idea that the team will be terrible for 3 or 4 years and be good after that isn't based in reality. When teams are terrible for 3+ years they usually stay terrible.

Yeah, but they aren't a real threat to win a championship. Making the playoffs does not mean success anymore. Championship or bust. I'm tired of the Jets being insignificant.

If you take it at face value, the fact Rex Ryan isn’t talking today might mean nothing.

But with the Jets, seldom does anything mean nothing.

Ryan, who the owner has already said he would retain after the firing of general manager Mike Tannenbaum, had been scheduled to meet with the media at 4:45 p.m.

The team’s PR staff just passed along word that press conference was postponed because of an “organizational decision.”

Does that mean Rex isn’t as safe as we thought an hour or so ago when the owner said he was? Does that mean there’s a secret plot afoot? What do the unnamed sources have to say? How does Tim Tebow factor into all of this?

If the Jets did not exist, we would simply have to invent them.

Stay tuned.

This whole firing thing is actually kind of exciting. New dawn new day new life or something.

I want a super front office. Casserly as president of FB Operations (do they have someone there?), some young Man of Football as the new GM, an expaded scouting department....

Then sell off Harris, one of the CBs (Cromartie), Sanchez for baseballs (not a Football man so it's an insult, give baseballs to me), the number 9 pick maybe....

I think they will try to maneuver the cap to be as good as possible next year, which will keep us in cap problems, if not make them worse, all to try to have a better season next year.

Then the GM search is a joke too, and ultimately, it again doesn't matter who the HC is, because we're F'd either way.

this isn't the nba there's no lebron to save the franchise and there's 53 guys on a roster. turnarounds can and do happen quickly. Ya know what doesn't happen? a team cleans house, sucks for 3 years and then wins a championship in year 4. show me when that's happened. maybe the Jimmy Johnson cowboys 25 years ago.

Bit, no offense, but you are making no sense here.

Remmber Rex is the one who said this is the best team he had before the year started. Less talk and more action

But what do you expect him to say ?

My team sucks, The QB is awful. The backup was forced down my throat and he cannot even throw like a QB should in the NFL. The Linebacking corps is slow and my Offensive Lineman had better days.

Coaches say a lot of things before the start of the season. All nice and rosy. No one says this is a 6-10 team.

But what do you expect him to say ?

My team sucks, The QB is awful. The backup was forced down my throat and he cannot even throw like a QB should in the NFL. The Linebacking corps is slow and my Offensive Lineman had better days.

Coaches say a lot of things before the start of the season. All nice and rosy. No one says this is a 6-10 team.

Most smart coaches do not engage in the business of making predictions or amplifying what they may have.

And then there is Rex.

DeCosta, Gaine, and Gamble are the types of people I'd like to see brought in. I'd add Kokinis, but losing a power struggle to Mangini doesn't bode we'll for him. The Jets need to bring in a boss.

DeCosta, Gamble make sense from the group of people who are ready to take the next step. I am not sure what Gaine has done.

Then the GM search is a joke too, and ultimately, it again doesn't matter who the HC is, because we're F'd either way.

This is how I feel, I hope I am wrong, but I have zero faith in Woody to do the right thing.

Again, I really hope I am wrong

The Jets are actually not that far away, imho. A good GM can get this turned around with minimal free agents, a new coaching staff and two good drafts.

I agree this team is not that bad we can turn things around with proper drafting, getting some hits on free agents-pressure on the new GM

I agree this team is not that bad we can turn things around with proper drafting, getting some hits on free agents-pressure on the new GM

That whiny little bitch LT said this on NFLN earlier. Said if they just had a QB who didnt turnover like crazy they'd be a good team and in the playoffs.

The Jets are actually not that far away, imho. A good GM can get this turned around with minimal free agents, a new coaching staff and two good drafts.

that's not true they need to fire everyone, trade revis and cro, change the team name and burn the practice facility to the ground. Maybe they can be good again in 2025.

That whiny little bitch LT said this on NFLN earlier. Said if they just had a QB who didnt turnover like crazy they'd be a good team and in the playoffs.

really? because the majority of the posters in this thread have already declared 2013 a wash.

Archived