• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,217 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I assume he will go after ex Jet assistant Seely. We have opening at Special teams and Seely exJet.

http://www.49ers.com...f0-9ec495ba2feb

We need a QB coach also..

http://www.49ers.com...9f-031f34771f8c
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,803 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

We also need a defensive coordinator. Tomsula makes sense, gives Rex 1 year and locks up Gamble's HC prospect with Jets, while also acclimating Tomsula to Jets players and org.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#3 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

If those guys are still under contract, Im pretty sure the only way they can go to a different team is if they get a promotion. Moving to a different team in the same position isnt allowed. Atleast is wasnt under the old CBA.

#4 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,217 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

If those guys are still under contract, Im pretty sure the only way they can go to a different team is if they get a promotion. Moving to a different team in the same position isnt allowed. Atleast is wasnt under the old CBA.

agree
Posted Image

#5 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I think Tomsula is a DL coach so it wouldn't be a lateral move

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 05 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#6 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think Tomsula is an DL coach so it wouldn't be a lateral move

Fair enough. I was just talking about the guys he posted in the OP.

#7 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think Tomsula is an DL coach so it wouldn't be a lateral move

Correct, it would be a promotion for him. But since we've invested heavy in DL the past 2 drafts it is a bonus that he was DL coach previously, like Rex.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#8 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,344 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

We also need a defensive coordinator. Tomsula makes sense, gives Rex 1 year and locks up Gamble's HC prospect with Jets, while also acclimating Tomsula to Jets players and org.

I like this idea...

#9 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

DC - Tomsula (currently DL coach, rumored as Gamble's HC prospect would be in-house replacement for Rex next year)

TE - Delanie Walker, he'd be a much needed blocking, pass-catching weapon for us, should be a FA this off-season.

QB - Alex Smith, would be a solid starter who passes for accuracy, low turnovers for next 3 years while prospects are drafted and developed, immediately solves QB problem if we get this year's version. Would need to trade for him.

S - Dashon Goldson, We will need a safety again... This guy can play, should still be a FA.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#10 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Tomsula. Are we really embracing this guy? Flavor of the month coaches who haven't held the position you're potentially hiring them for are a bad idea. Rex, mangini, Edwards...at least these guys were successful coordinators at some point and yet they still flopped

#11 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Tomsula. Are we really embracing this guy? Flavor of the month coaches who haven't held the position you're potentially hiring them for are a bad idea. Rex, mangini, Edwards...at least these guys were successful coordinators at some point and yet they still flopped

I'll embrace whatever this guy wants to go with if hired. I'd just be so excited to have a GM with higher football IQ and a better track record then the posters on JN because the last guy didn't.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 05 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#12 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,129 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

No we are mentioning him. Eventually they will hire him then we will embrace, fondle and insist he is taking us to the promise land. Way before he even starts. Oh yes.

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,129 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'll embrace whatever this guy wants to go with if hired. I'd just be so excited to have a GM higher football IQ and track record then the posters on JN because the last guy didn't.

Good to know

#14 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,051 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Actually, the promotion thing was in the old CBA. Now, coaches are only guaranteed the ability to move if they're being offered a head coaching position. Of course, San Francisco could grant him permission, but it's entirely up to them.

Of those three, only Rex was a successful coordinator. Mangini was a DC pretty much in name only for Belichick for a single season, and Edwards was skipped over the coordinator level.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#15 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,416 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I assume he will go after ex Jet assistant Seely. We have opening at Special teams and Seely exJet.

http://www.49ers.com...f0-9ec495ba2feb

We need a QB coach also..

http://www.49ers.com...9f-031f34771f8c

Pretty sure Tebow would endorse the QB coach...great name...

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#16 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,838 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

DC - Tomsula (currently DL coach, rumored as Gamble's HC prospect would be in-house replacement for Rex next year)

TE - Delanie Walker, he'd be a much needed blocking, pass-catching weapon for us, should be a FA this off-season.

QB - Alex Smith, would be a solid starter who passes for accuracy, low turnovers for next 3 years while prospects are drafted and developed, immediately solves QB problem if we get this year's version. Would need to trade for him.

S - Dashon Goldson, We will need a safety again... This guy can play, should still be a FA.

Isn't Alex Smith supposed to get cut this offseason because of his crazy contract?

#17 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,217 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Isn't Alex Smith supposed to get cut this offseason because of his crazy contract?

Not sure, but I highly doubt Gamble will bring in a guy he drafted and then lost his job. (Sanchez anyone).
He leaves himself way to open to 'what didnt you learn in SF' talk if Smith falters.

I could see Matt Moore and a sleeper pick in draft.
Posted Image

#18 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

He's making 7.5 next year. I could see a team giving something up then restructuring a longer term deal. I don't think he's worth giving anything up for, the offense we'd surround him with is laughable compared to SF's and I don't think he's anything special.

#19 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,129 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm more interested to see whom Gamble flushes out, personally. Sparano, Bradway, Pettine, etc.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#20 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,217 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm more interested to see whom Gamble flushes out, personally. Sparano, Bradway, Pettine, etc.

Bradway will be first fired IMHO as he needs ZERO input from anyone,its his area of expertise LOL.

Coach firings will take a wee bit longer..

Edited by SouthernJet, 05 January 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

#21 CotcheryifyouCan

CotcheryifyouCan

J-E-T-S

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Not sure, but I highly doubt Gamble will bring in a guy he drafted and then lost his job. (Sanchez anyone).
He leaves himself way to open to 'what didnt you learn in SF' talk if Smith falters.

I could see Matt Moore and a sleeper pick in draft.

Agreed with Moore and maybe a Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Aaron Murray with a later pick

#22 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Bradway will be first fired IMHO as he needs ZERO input from anyone,its his area of expertise LOL.

Coach firings will take a wee bit longer..

Matt Cavanaugh needs to be a day one firing, we couldn't have possibly been worse off going into the last 4 seasons with no QB coach at all.

#23 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Before we get to crazy, this guy likes Rex.
A
No way Rex has someone from out fried run his defense. Not going to happen.

#24 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,838 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Matt Cavanaugh needs to be a day one firing, we couldn't have possibly been worse off going into the last 4 seasons with no QB coach at all.

Firing Cavanaugh isn't going to be enough.

#Public_Flogging

#25 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,838 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Before we get to crazy, this guy likes Rex.
A
No way Rex has someone from out fried run his defense. Not going to happen.

Out fried? Is that a fried chicken joke at Rex's expense? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users