The Revis Narrative in New England

Integrity28

With the contract signed by Peterson, the airwaves up here in NE are buzzing and the conversation piece du jour is how the Sherman and Peterson contracts are "setting the market", and how the Pats can probably retain Revis because he'll take less money to play for them.

The obvious counterpoint was made, about how Revis never leaves any money on the table. However, from what I could tolerate listening to, that counterpoint was left in the dust of the larger "play for Bill, Patriot Way, winning organization" narrative.

LMFAO 

It's July, we haven't seen a snap of football for 2014, and they are already toiling over if he'll re-sign in 2015. Amazing.

Rex and this team need to de-throne this putrid ******* organization once and for all. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how that fanbase continues to buy into that bullsh*t in light of the fact that they haven't won anything in a decade. 

I've said it before, if Belichick had the exact same record with the Jets, including the history of cheating, and hadn't won a title in a decade, half the people on this site would be calling for his head.

I had the patriots fan that sits next to me in the office say the same thing.

I made a comment to the effect of "I'm sure Revis isnt happy"

To which he responded, "Why? He knows the organization won't tolerate the holdout so he wont do it out of respect."

I just turned my chair the other way. 

To which he responded, "Why? He knows the organization won't tolerate the holdout so he wont do it out of respect."

I would have laughed in his face. 

It's amazing how that fanbase continues to buy into that bullsh*t in light of the fact that they haven't won anything in a decade. 

I've said it before, if Belichick had the exact same record with the Jets, including the history of cheating, and hadn't won a title in a decade, half the people on this site would be calling for his head.

jerkoff emoticon

Short of the Patriots deciding they're really going to pay Revis that $20 million his contract technically calls for next years, I have absolutely no doubt he'll force them to cut his ass, even if he was strongly considering a return to the Pats next year.  If for nothing other than negotiating tactics, he'll want to be hitting the open market, particularly after those two contracts.  There's not a chance in hell Revis accepts a penny less per year than either of those guys without testing the market.

Revis must love watching these corners get locked up long-term. He now gets to be the one-and-done mercenary CB every spring, like Deion. Genius plan, really. It'll be Sherman and Peterson who are crying in their soup watching Revis cash in next year and the year after.

I would have gotten up and farted in his face, while making absolutely no effort to hold back any circumstantial poop chips or fart particles.

Actually Dom is right, in this case he won't, but it isn't for any other reason than the fact that he's due $20M next year.

Actually, he's half right. Revis won't hold out because it's a club option that won't be exercised. Revis will be a FA and will be playing elsewhere in '15.

That isn't enough. You must hit people when they do that.

Rex made Revis.  Tampa found that out and the Patriots will too.  They wont resign him, but some fool thinking he's Revis w/ Rex will next season, and so on and so on and so on.

Really? Then why hasn't Rex made another one? It truly is the season of the jet fan, no games being played, and the jets are the best team in the world.

Really? Then why hasn't Rex made another one? It truly is the season of the jet fan, no games being played, and the jets are the best team in the world.

Cro had a career year under Rex when he was healthy and Revis went down.

Milliner and McDougle are next.

<3

Before your 3rd post you might want to actually read the board.  Nobody hates the Jets more than most of the posters here.  

Shasta?

Is this what I think it is?

Has the internet's most vile "soul" reared it's hideous head right here on JN?

Archived