•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is a trade possible to get a CB?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

The New York Daily News believes the Jets could have interest in trading for Texans CB Johnathan Joseph.

The Jets are desperate for corner depth with Dee Milliner (ankle) sidelined, leaving Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen to start in base sets. Joseph missed the entire preseason recovering from toe surgery, but is expected to be ready for Week 1. His $11.25 million cap number makes any trade unlikely.

#2 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,728 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

The New York Daily News believes the Jets could have interest in trading for Texans CB Johnathan Joseph.

The Jets are desperate for corner depth with Dee Milliner (ankle) sidelined, leaving Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen to start in base sets. Joseph missed the entire preseason recovering from toe surgery, but is expected to be ready for Week 1. His $11.25 million cap number makes any trade unlikely.

I 'think' we could trade, and then re-do deal after trade to be more long term cap friendly. wink wink w/agent before trade.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#3 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,728 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Champ Bailey may have lost skills but his Vet savvy is 'enuf' to get Jets thru with our Front 7..

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#4 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,742 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Expect somebody to come in but doubt it will be through a  trade

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#5 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Expect somebody to come in but doubt it will be through a trade

I think it could happen. TJ Barnes being on the final roster makes no sense, unless they are using Ellis as a bargaining chip.

Edited by sourceworx, 31 August 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#6 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,336 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

joepeh would be great

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#7 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Champ Bailey may have lost skills but his Vet savvy is 'enuf' to get Jets thru with our Front 7..

Hope Idzik does his due diligence this time Bailey is older than dirt I guess if there isn't a better option isn't Samuel younger at 31?

#8 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,742 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

I think it could happen. TJ Barnes being on the final roster makes no sense, unless they are using Ellis as a bargaining chip.

Good point there heavy on d/l right now as chips if you can pull off a trade

#9 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,742 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Champ Bailey I think is like Ed Reed last year- once great player that can not play at the level anymore -pass

#10 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

joepeh would be great

He'd immediately solve our CB issue.

#11 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,142 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

In the depths of your ignorance, why do you think Houston wants to trade Joseph?  They already cut Brandon Harris, who was #2 on their depth chart at RCB.   Do you really think they will dump Joseph and go with Eibert and or Andre as their starter?  Back to ignore for you.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#12 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,514 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Wasn't that Jonanthan Joseph tripe written by Mehta. How long are w e going to fall for this.

#13 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

In the depths of your ignorance, why do you think Houston wants to trade Joseph?  They already cut Brandon Harris, who was #2 on their depth chart at RCB.   Do you really think they will dump Joseph and go with Eibert and or Andre as their starter?  Back to ignore for you.

Excuse me but I didn't write the article I only posted it. Have a nice day.

#14 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Excuse me but I didn't write the article I only posted it. Have a nice day.

Have a terrible day you mook. This isn't Madden

#15 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Have a terrible day you mook. This isn't Madden

If this isn't trolling then what it is?  If you don't like the thread ignore and don't respond.

#16 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

If this isn't trolling then what it is? If you don't like the thread ignore and don't respond.

I'm stopping down to your level. You post threads purposely to irk people. So, I'm going to respond in kind.

It's a "desperate need" of mine.

#17 PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 17,218 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Champ Bailey I think is like Ed Reed last year- once great player that can not play at the level anymore -pass

Why wouldn't the Jets go after Bailey?

He's not what he once was, but he'd be a better CB than anything the Jets put on the field next week against the Raiders.

He'd be a definite upgrade until Milliner returns.

#18 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Coming off surgery with that cap hit makes it very unlikely Idzik goes for it. Our hope was that the Texans released Joseph yesterday but they released Brandon Harris instead, maybe the Jets will take a look at him.

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

#19 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,530 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

is it possible to hot tub time machine it back to the 2000 draft and pick Tom Brady?

that's the move Idzik should make.

#20 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

is it possible to hot tub time machine it back to the 2000 draft and pick Tom Brady?

that's the move Idzik should make.

Like Idzik would spend money on a hot tub.

/stoic'd

Insert witty comment here

#21 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Available CBs

The New York Jets need help at cornerback. You probably knew that already. Anybody with a cursory knowledge of the NFL knows that. Problem is, there isn't much out there. In the opinion of an AFC personnel executive, no front-line corners were released Saturday, only backup types.

Some of the "name" players available:

Champ Bailey, cut by the New Orleans Saints (free agent): The future Hall of Fame cornerback is 36 and declining. He lost out to Patrick Robinson for the Saints' No. 2 corner position. On the upside, he's healthy now after sitting out with a foot injury early in camp.

Brandon Harris, Houston Texans (waivers): He was a second-round pick in 2011, but he failed to win the hearts of the new coaching staff.

Kelvin Hayden, Chicago Bears (free agent): He's been around for a long time, but he's a cover-2 corner, not an ideal fit in Rex Ryan's system.

Phillip Adams, Seattle Seahawks (free agent): His first stint in Seattle came at the end of the 2011 season, when Jets GM John Idzik was a Seahawks executive. Adams is a solid journeyman who has played with a handful of teams.

Derek Cox, Baltimore Ravens (free agent): A free-agent signing that didn't work out for the Ravens. Cox, who has played with the Jacksonville Jaguars and San Diego Chargers, has appeared in 63 games, with 13 interceptions.

Dominique Franks, Ravens (free agent): Like Cox, Franks didn't stick in his first season in Baltimore. Franks, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons, has three interceptions in 48 games.

Leon McFadden, Cleveland Browns (waivers): Like Ryan, Mike Pettine loves to have plenty of corners. He just didn't love this one. McFadden was a third-round pick last year and played in every game.

#22 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Available CBs

The New York Jets need help at cornerback. You probably knew that already. Anybody with a cursory knowledge of the NFL knows that. Problem is, there isn't much out there. In the opinion of an AFC personnel executive, no front-line corners were released Saturday, only backup types.

Some of the "name" players available:

Champ Bailey, cut by the New Orleans Saints (free agent): The future Hall of Fame cornerback is 36 and declining. He lost out to Patrick Robinson for the Saints' No. 2 corner position. On the upside, he's healthy now after sitting out with a foot injury early in camp.

Brandon Harris, Houston Texans (waivers): He was a second-round pick in 2011, but he failed to win the hearts of the new coaching staff.

Kelvin Hayden, Chicago Bears (free agent): He's been around for a long time, but he's a cover-2 corner, not an ideal fit in Rex Ryan's system.

Phillip Adams, Seattle Seahawks (free agent): His first stint in Seattle came at the end of the 2011 season, when Jets GM John Idzik was a Seahawks executive. Adams is a solid journeyman who has played with a handful of teams.

Derek Cox, Baltimore Ravens (free agent): A free-agent signing that didn't work out for the Ravens. Cox, who has played with the Jacksonville Jaguars and San Diego Chargers, has appeared in 63 games, with 13 interceptions.

Dominique Franks, Ravens (free agent): Like Cox, Franks didn't stick in his first season in Baltimore. Franks, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons, has three interceptions in 48 games.

Leon McFadden, Cleveland Browns (waivers): Like Ryan, Mike Pettine loves to have plenty of corners. He just didn't love this one. McFadden was a third-round pick last year and played in every game.

Out of this group obviously Bailey stands out even with his injuries and age, but the guy I like and hope the Jets look into is Adams.

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,956 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm predicting that Thrifty Idz pulls off a move in the next few days that blows your mind, bros.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#24 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,514 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

I'm predicting that Thrifty Idz pulls off a move in the next few days that blows your mind, bros.

REvis ?

#25 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,956 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

REvis ?

No, but something
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users