Marty set Geno up to fail.

Jetfan13

43 passes against the worst rush defense in the league? Ivory averaging over 4 a carry and you go away from it?

A QB draw at the 3 when Ivory is averaging OVER 4? I don't get it.  Is this guy any better then sh*ttenheimer?

And I love Rex but if I hear him say one more time that he is pleased with Geno's progress I am gonna f'ing puke.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they need OC college where the first day they teach that if something is working you do it until they stop you. to a misinformed rube such as myself it sure looks like many OCs are more concerned with appearing innovative than winning games in boring fashion.

43 passes against the worst rush defense in the league? Ivory averaging over 4 a carry and you go away from it?

A QB draw at the 3 when Ivory is averaging OVER 4? I don't get it.  Is this guy any better then sh*ttenheimer?

And I love Rex but if I hear him say one more time that he is pleased with Geno's progress I am gonna f'ing puke.

All of their DB's were hurt.  Even with the Jets crappy WR's they should have skinned that secondary.   Couldn't get it done in the red zone.  C J looks like crap.  If they give Ivory the ball 30 times, with his running style he won't finish the season.

Some things that Marty does make you wanna shake your head. Mick Vick should not be in the game as a decoy ever, it just shouldn't happen; no other team does the things the Jets do. Horrific play calling down the stretch reminds me of the first 12 weeks of last season. Ground & Pound Marty what isn't there to know. Ivory was killing it and on 3 & short every time to do a pass is idiotic. Marty needs to wake up along with Geno, take responsibility and be the damn leader of this team.  

Here's what I don't get... That last drive, 4 down territory... We had plenty of time and time outs to run. We didn't. We are asking Geno to be Manning and he's still a guy who makes too many mistakes.

wouldn't be the jets if they scored there and didn't leave time on the clock for bears to get back in FG range

Last night was all on Marty.  10 carries for Ivory vs. that defense?  He should be kicked in the head for his playing calling last night.  Decker goes out in the 1st and you still have Geno dropping back 43 times trying to make plays with David Nelson and Greg Salas is some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen.  

If Ivory carries the ball 20+ times, the Jets win last night.

The Bears were selling out to stop the run, because they wanted Geno to have to throw. Marty actually tried the run, many times. It wasn't really working. 

What ******* game were you watching?

Ivory was shredding them. They had 8,9 in the box and he was ripping up the gut for 4+ every time he touched it. 

They had defensive players dropping like flies. They stopped a couple of runs early so Marty completely abandons it? If you're a "ground & pound" team you gotta ******* impose your will on the opponent. It's the entire point of being a run first team. You stick with it and wear them down. 

they need OC college where the first day they teach that if something is working you do it until they stop you. to a misinformed rube such as myself it sure looks like many OCs are more concerned with appearing innovative than winning games in boring fashion.

They were doing this for a while, going to Kerley against the replacement slot corner and Ivory. I was commenting on it in the game thread, then they just flat out stopped... before the defense showed any ability to stop them, they just started calling all sorts of stupid plays.

Ivory looked like a man amongst boys yesterday, he should have touched the ball 30 times and just been given a shot to take the team on his back. There is not one person on the sideline that has the ability to see this sort of thing in the making... it's sad, but it's been a reality for at least 6 years.

****, even Mangini knew when to stick with the hot hand... remember when he just pounded the Pats with Kevan Barlow?

Ivory was shredding them. They had 8,9 in the box and he was ripping up the gut for 4+ every time he touched it. 

They had defensive players dropping like flies. They stopped a couple of runs early so Marty completely abandons it? If you're a "ground & pound" team you gotta ******* impose your will on the opponent. It's the entire point of being a run first team. You stick with it and wear them down. 

Yep.  You're going to have ugly plays if you're committed to the run.  Ivory is a ******* monster.  Get him the ball and let him do this thing.  Get CJ off the ******* field and Powell in there if you want a change of pace.

That literally should have been a game like the Pats and Saints last year, Ivory, Ivory and more Ivory.

They were doing this for a while, going to Kerley against the replacement slot corner and Ivory. I was commenting on it in the game thread, then they just flat out stopped... before the defense showed any ability to stop them, they just started calling all sorts of stupid plays.

Ivory looked like a man amongst boys yesterday, he should have touched the ball 30 times and just been given a shot to take the team on his back. There is not one person on the sideline that has the ability to see this sort of thing in the making... it's sad, but it's been a reality for at least 6 years.

****, even Mangini knew when to stick with the hot hand... remember when he just pounded the Pats with Kevan Barlow?

You mean you didn't like shotgun QB draw on 3rd and 2 at the Chicago 2 yard line?

Yup, I was saying it all night... CJ is our 3rd best RB. Powell and Ivory looked terrific.

They both run so much harder than CJ, its not even funny.  There is no earthly way possible, that you can put that and Green Bay's game tape on and not see how big of a pussy CJ is in the run game.  While Ivory and Powell are fighting every single yard, are much more decisive and actually, I dont know, hit the ******* hole.

I was losing it last night watching CJ tip toe to the line like and fall over a like a little bitch.

Here's what I don't get... That last drive, 4 down territory... We had plenty of time and time outs to run. We didn't. We are asking Geno to be Manning and he's still a guy who makes too many mistakes.

Same thing with the drive immediately after the turnover. 3 straight passes.

The Bears were selling out to stop the run, because they wanted Geno to have to throw. Marty actually tried the run, many times. It wasn't really working. 

It wasnt working when we ran Johnson. It looked good when we ran Ivory. And the best thing about last night was Ivory showed he could catch...Jets should waive CJ now. Not even joking. Cut his ass.

It wasnt working when we ran Johnson. It looked good when we ran Ivory. And the best thing about last night was Ivory showed he could catch...Jets should waive CJ now. Not even joking. Cut his ass.

Agreed 100%.  He's ruining the rhythm of the offense and this need to give him his touches cripples drives and momentum.  Powell is so much better, its really not even close.  I've never seen a more hesitant runner in my life continue to get carries.  He tip toes to the LOS and never, ever, ever, hits the hole. He is literally worthless.  

Agreed 100%.  He's ruining the rhythm of the offense and this need to give him his touches cripples drives and momentum.  Powell is so much better, its really not even close.  I've never seen a more hesitant runner in my life continue to get carries.  He tip toes to the LOS and never, ever, ever, hits the hole. He is literally worthless.  

It's a farce how they can preach competition and yet they end up giving more reps to CJ and David Nelson.

I understand they should have run the ball more. But hard to find fault with an OC that sees a very vulnerable set of DBs and tries to take advantage. Problem remains the QB stinks. 

The Bears are 29th in the league vs. the run.  If the QB stinks, its all the more reason to hand the ******* ball off to your best offensive player.  

I wonder if Ivory got hurt in some way. Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason for him not to be in and I don't think I can deal with the implications of that right now.

The Bears are 29th in the league vs. the run.  If the QB stinks, its all the more reason to hand the ******* ball off to your best offensive player.  

but we have to preserve ivory's legs so he's available to help us win more meaningless games at the end of the season to save rex's job

I don't understand why we don't move the pocket, rollouts etc. We have a mobile qb and the only plays we use to exploit this, are qb draws. Maybe try some zone reads.

I'm actually very, and surprisingly pleased with Geno. I think he compares favorably with R Wilson. Without the top level poise of course. They're just not utilizing him correctly.

Archived