Marty set Geno up to fail.

Jetfan13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why we don't move the pocket, rollouts etc. We have a mobile qb and the only plays we use to exploit this, are qb draws. Maybe try some zone reads.

I'm actually very, and surprisingly pleased with Geno. I think he compares favorably with R Wilson. Without the top level poise of course. They're just not utilizing him correctly.

They moved the pocket a ton last night.  The read option should have been utilized more.  The Bears struggle with it and Geno actually runs it well.

you geniuses forget to mention that they can't establish the run down by 11 points most of the game. 

The pick 6 put them behind from the get go.  You guys want them to focus on the run? Down double digits? Cmon.

With 4 quarters left to play?  Are you kidding with this?  That game was never out of reach that they had to abandon the run.  Ever.

This is stupid.  Seriously. 

The Bears were selling out to stop the run, because they wanted Geno to have to throw. Marty actually tried the run, many times. It wasn't really working. 

you geniuses forget to mention that they can't establish the run down by 11 points most of the game. 

The pick 6 put them behind from the get go.  You guys want them to focus on the run? Down double digits? Cmon.

tFdO5ET.gif

With 4 quarters left to play?  Are you kidding with this?  That game was never out of reach that they had to abandon the run.  Ever.

This is stupid.  Seriously. 

they were down 14 in the first quarter and the fans are calling for more runs.   Good luck with that. 

In 2014 NFL the pass sets up the run. Not the other way around. 

they were down 14 in the first quarter and the fans are calling for more runs.   Good luck with that. 

The Cowboys, down 21 pts mid way through the 2nd quarter, kept giving it Murray, with an infinitely better passing game than the Jets and ended up running it more than throwing it.  Guess what happened?  They came back and won the Football game.

The Jets strength is the run game.  Their best player, is Ivory.  You dont abandon it in the 1st quater because you're down 2 scores. Especially when you have a player like Ivory who on any given play can take it to the house.  

That game was never out of reach.  Ever. 

Jets backs should have had 200 yards and when I say "backs" I mean Ivory and Powell.

Yep I agree with this.  CJ should be getting 4-5 touches a game, mostly on screens and sweeps.

Powell should be splinting caries with Ivory.  Powell is a consistent back who gets positive yards, good receiver, and good blocker.

Ivory is a beast, but if you over work him he'll be spent and injured by week 8 

I usually agree with you but not this time. They were down 14-0 BUT there was only 3 minutes gone in the game. The run game was working, they abandoned it and tried to make Geno win it from behind. That doesn't happen too often.

I am all for doing voodoo or feng shui or hanging the goats testicles or whatever else works in the JETS Offensive Co-ordinator's office. Maybe its the ghost of Jimmy Hoffa but something goes wrong with every OC we hire as soon as we hire him. Its like common sense just leaves their minds.

Morningweg has been having an atrocious season so far. Schotty would be proud. So the QB trying to get into the end zone  did not work in the first game and resulted in a turnover and what do we do, we try it again. Same play and almost turned it over again.

Chris Ivory looks unstoppable. Our solution bring CJ onto the field for an entire drive in the 4th quarter.

Never target the WR in the red zone. The once we tried we scored a TD. That worked so why try it again.

The scary thing is these conversations we are having on Smith, pro and con, are almost replays of the discussions of Sanchez in his second and third year

and if history repeats itself we are not even 2/5ths through the discussion.

Horribly called offensive game plan, horrible. Could have destroyed the Bears by running the ball down their throats first, and then catch them crowding the line and throw over the top. Would have been an easy win.

I love Rex, but I am tired of giving him a pass for this. He is the HC, Marty is the OC, but he needs to step in and be a leader.

Not when your strength is running the ball and the defenses weakness is stopping the run. Would not have been down 14 nothing if they established the run on the first drive rather than having Geno run that dumb ass play that resulted in the Sanchez.

I don't understand why we don't move the pocket, rollouts etc. We have a mobile qb and the only plays we use to exploit this, are qb draws. Maybe try some zone reads.

I'm actually very, and surprisingly pleased with Geno. I think he compares favorably with R Wilson. Without the top level poise of course. They're just not utilizing him correctly.

BecauseSmith is  that freaking bad. This offense is basically an option/wishbone agaisnt NFL defenses. 

Last year a friend of mine is an Eagles fan was prophetic. He said we can expect the Jets to move the ball up and down the field, but unless they score from outside the 10, expect to get very frustrated with a assortment of Triple Lindys that almost never work once they get close to the EZ. It's all I could think of last night.

43 passes against the worst rush defense in the league? Ivory averaging over 4 a carry and you go away from it?

A QB draw at the 3 when Ivory is averaging OVER 4? I don't get it.  Is this guy any better then sh*ttenheimer?

And I love Rex but if I hear him say one more time that he is pleased with Geno's progress I am gonna f'ing puke.

I mentioned my feelings about Marty's decision making after the first game as well as the second. He's living up to mediocrity. Im actually pissed at Rex too, because he's living off of reputation as a "Defensive genius" but I haven't seen a consistent dominate defense since 2009 in which he had the best cornerback in the league at the time. I haven't seen neither of the coaches live up to their reputations which is starting to look a lot like fluff. 

Not when your strength is running the ball and the defenses weakness is stopping the run. Would not have been down 14 nothing if they established the run on the first drive rather than having Geno run that dumb ass play that resulted in the Sanchez.

When a guy is throwing pick 6s on a screen, that's not the play calling. It's the execution. 

Last night was all on Marty.  10 carries for Ivory vs. that defense?  He should be kicked in the head for his playing calling last night.  Decker goes out in the 1st and you still have Geno dropping back 43 times trying to make plays with David Nelson and Greg Salas is some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen.  

If Ivory carries the ball 20+ times, the Jets win last night.

Didn't get it at all... Do other teams quit doing what's working as much as we do?  Am I just biased?

Archived