Decker Talking To Thomas

KRL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally someone who really gets the point of the article.  Of course it's a long shot to get Thomas but the big thing

is Decker confirming AGAIN the fact that the team wasn't properly prepared.  That's three players that said the same

thing (Mangold, Davis & Decker) and Vick said he hadn't prepared properly when he went into the SD game.  Does 

anyone else recognize a pattern???

Rex's lovers will never get or accept it. It was all Shotty, Marty, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Sanchez, Geno, ..... Blah blah blah

Three years for Streater, for the record. The years don't matter. You are telling me this guy is way better, but on a very similar sample of targets, they are shown to be almost identical, like I first said.

it was 2 years because he was injured the entire year and had just 13 targets with 9 receptions and went on ir. his first 2 years when he actually played gives an accurate account for his production. no need to water his stats down to make him look like something or someone he isnt...which is a jag

He is right,,Rex was undisciplined and it showed in dumb penaltys teams shouldnt be having all the time. He also ignored Offense, which a HC (CEO shouldnt for obvious moral reason among many other reasons)

Is Todd the savior? have no idea, but lets see if he coaches the whole team and installs some discipline and has ramifications to player soif the screw up which Rex NEVER did..

He was beyond a players coach,,he was a player basicllaly in his mind.. He would NEVER yell at a player on sidelines after a f**k up (maybe prevent later in game, duhhh).

I have seen film on Todd, he isnt a berater like a idiot but I have seen him grab a player coming off field and have a animated speech about a mistake  just made,,followed by a pat usually.

So you think Thomas will sign a long term deal ?? Manning may very well retire now or even next year the guy cant throw the outs anymore and  with all the ducks he threw up last year he may very well be having an issue griping the football due to nerve damage. The arm strength is gone ...Thomas has to know this and may very well walk.

d Thomas is going to be hit with the franchise tag by Denver- no doubt about that. There is zero chance he hits the open market.

Great teams that go the playoffs find ways to win because they have the QB to do so.

Some people are born great others are shaped into something great. There is something to be said about Decker's comments. Don't fool yourself, this team has lacked proper coaching for years. Rex was a cheerleader who coached a D that was sorely lacking in the execution department. The fact that he was the HC and did nothing with regard to the offense speaks volumes on its own.

I would love to get Thomas, but there is almost no way they let him go.  If Peyton returns, then I'm not sure why Thomas would want to leave.  He'll still have an all time great QB, with a great team, and a chance for a ring.  At that point, getting franchise tagged is the best of both worlds for him, because he's a free agent the next season as well, gets paid, and can see where Peyton goes after the season.   If Peyton leaves, then that opens up a plethora of cap space for them, so they can sign Demarius, franchise Julius, and still have money left over.  So then they can transition to the next QB without losing the weapons.  

it was 2 years because he was injured the entire year and had just 13 targets with 9 receptions and went on ir. his first 2 years when he actually played gives an accurate account for his production. no need to water his stats down to make him look like something or someone he isnt...which is a jag

Lol, he is totally JAG. Even without comparing him to Schilens, he is JAG.

You know what level draft pick they tagged him with?

I believe it's in March where a team by the salary offered , determines what they will get back if some other team signs the restricted free agent. my guess is they offer him a salary ( isn't that much) that will cost a team a second round pick as compensation.( teams can get Wr help a lot cheaper in the second round of the 2015 NFL draft).

Rod Streater isn't going any where in 2015.

I believe it's in March where a team by the salary offered , determines what they will get back if some other team signs the restricted free agent. my guess is they offer him a salary ( isn't that much) that will cost a team a second round pick as compensation.( teams can get Wr help a lot cheaper in the second round of the 2015 NFL draft).

Rod Streater isn't going any where in 2015.

Good point. In that case I'd pick up Torrey Smith and draft Jaelen Strong. 

gotta look at money.  Julius and Demaryus are both FAs.  can't pay everyone.

The Broncos know what they're doing they're going to pay Demariyus and say c-ya to Julius.  Demariyus is the better, more valuable player it's not even close.

Peyton is giving it one more shot next season, cap is going up to $140mil and Peyton would probably be willing to restructure his deal to keep Demariyus. 

The Broncos know what they're doing they're going to pay Demariyus and say c-ya to Julius.  Demariyus is the better, more valuable player it's not even close.

Peyton is giving it one more shot next season, cap is going up to $140mil and Peyton would probably be willing to restructure his deal to keep Demariyus.

Te Virgil Green is Denver best all round TE, and he should be more a priority signing than Julius Thomas. ( going to come a lot cheaper too)

Te Virgil Green is Denver best all round TE, and he should be more a priority signing than Julius Thomas. ( going to come a lot cheaper too)

Julius Thomas is a very overrated player.  He's very good in the red zone but he's not up there with Graham or Gronkowski not even close.  Your Raiders can overpay him.

Randall Cobb and Michael Crabtree are much more realistic targets for the Jets.  I'd be happy with signing one of those two and keeping Harvin.  We'd have Decker and Cobb or Crabtree on the outside and Harvin in the slot.

Archived