Ridley to Jets?? Ian Rappaport

32EBoozer

Maybe a precursor of an ivory deal to come. If we can get a 3rd for Ivory i'd do it in a sec. He's 27 and with his style he prob has 2 years tops left in those legs[/quote

I like Ivory a lot, but I can't see anyone giving up a 3rd for him. Like you said, he's 27, his violent style doesn't lead to a prolonged career, plus this draft is deep at RB.

More than likely Ridley is a camp body, low risk/high reward signing, and that's all it is.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So anyone they sign with a recognizable name we are supposed to do a back flip? Isn't the point of these boards to express your personal view?

This signing is dumb. Period. The Cromartie contract was dumb. Period. The Harris extension was dumb. Period. Not making a deal for Foles was dumb. Period.

By next offseason we will be cap strapped, still have no QB, a pair of 30 something CB's we are handcuffed to and Jets fans will be like "Why did they sign Cro, he sucks".

Well I'm saying it in April of 2015. Mark it down.

Your new sig should simply say..."Period". lol

Ivory on the bubble?

No way. He's one if the only offensive guys I feel plays hard every single down. He's a keeper. Signing steven Ridley does not signal an Ivory trade from where I'm standing. I barely expect Ridley to make the 53 man roster if we draft a good rook. 

This is competition and camp bodies IMO. They are doing it with D and O lines as well. Now LB is getting attention too. Ha;f of these signings will be cut and I personally love the way they are doing it. 

Damn dude. Mac's not playing. He's signed more guys with less than 10 million in cap space than he did when we had 50! Who the heck is the accountant???? lol. 

Only the top 51 count against the cap during the offseason. 

With Ridley, the Jets now have three RBs under contract for 2015, and zero RBs under contract for 2016.

No way does this move prevent the Jets from drafting a RB. All it potentially does is allow the Jets not to reach for one if the value's not there.

They also have Richardson (Darryl, not sometime FB Sheldon) and Bohannon FWIW

We can criticize any move we make but we don't know what management is planning and thinking about anyone they sign.  Low risk, high reward guy that could help keep Ivory fresh throughout the year.  If he plays well then imagine having 2 battering rams for 4 quarters. This will wear a defensive line down and they will have to have LB's and even safeties play closer to the line.  This will allow our wonderful QB to have better opportunities in the passing game.  Lets get our pass catching speed back in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

We can criticize any move we make but we don't know what management is planning and thinking about anyone they sign.  Low risk, high reward guy that could help keep Ivory fresh throughout the year.  If he plays well then imagine having 2 battering rams for 4 quarters. This will wear a defensive line down and they will have to have LB's and even safeties play closer to the line.  This will allow our wonderful QB to have better opportunities in the passing game.  Lets get our pass catching speed back in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Agree

When this trade first went down I was like.Why?   The more I think about it, the more I agree with your post.

As far as the S's playing closer to the line of scrimmage, if they play any closer to the LOS then they did last year, they will be off sides.  Smith gets 0 respect from D's

Possibly...but if he really had all these suitors, I doubt the offers were that much different.  I'm sure they were similar and if Big Mac caved in and coughed up more money than anyone else, well than, that's an issue within itself.  If it's truly because of Gailey's system like the reports are saying, I think its safe to say the sold him and they told him he'd have a role. 

This wasnt a position of need, it wasnt something that needed to happen, it doesnt really change anything going into the draft but thats the point.  Notice how every other team is quite right now? That's because you wait till the draft at this point and make these types of signings after the fact.

You wait until the draft, unless you've just taken over a roster that has pretty much pissed away the past 6 drafts and skipped free agency last year, then you do what you can to back-fill the roster with actual NFL players. 

Just because the Jets rostered guys that NO other team in the league would have the past few years, doesn't mean it's okay.

You wait until the draft, unless you've just taken over a roster that has pretty much pissed away the past 6 drafts and skipped free agency last year, then you do what you can to back-fill the roster with actual NFL players. 

Just because the Jets rostered guys that NO other team in the league would have the past few years, doesn't mean it's okay.

Lol, pretty much sums it up -

The 2015 Jets will actually have an NFL team made up of NFL players next year with a mix of vets and youth.  We signed 15 guys this off season because had about 6 legit NFL players on our squad last year.

](*,)

Lol, pretty much sums it up -

The 2015 Jets will actually have an NFL team made up of NFL players next year with a mix of vets and youth.  We signed 15 guys this off season because had about 6 legit NFL players on our squad last year.

And 3 of them were DL, 2 OL. You'd kind of hope that some of your "Legit" NFL players are at some kind of "skill" position. ](*,)

@RichCimini: Jets are giving RB Stevan Ridley $1.25M for 1 yr -- $750K base, $80K signing bonus, $50K workout bonus, up to $370K in roster bonuses. #nyj

Excellent. Now i hope they take it slow with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's pup'd in training camp.

Bad signing. Will be a lot of guaranteed $$$

Thanks. Again, another reasonable signing of a veteran player. In this case one with good upside when healthy!

Patriot "bitchslap" in September & November would be worth $1.25m. I think Ridley chose Jets because of Bowles over Philbin and with the moves the Jets made he believes he'll get a chance to beat Bellicheat!

Archived