Jameis Winston sued over 2012 sexual assault allegation

32EBoozer

There's some studies that say it's as low as 8% and as high as 25%. Google it. That's a major problem and it's not OK. Ever. And all it does is take away from real rape victims.

And where I come from evidence is kinda like...important and stuff. Saying you were raped when you weren't isn't evidence.

Do you remember Mike Nifong? Do you remember what happened to him? Do you honestly think he's the only prosecutor to do that?

Hmmm, yeah no. Don't remember that guy. Or the countless thousands of men who have raped countless thousands of women throughout history and gotten away with it. What you're saying is equivalent to holding a pebble up to a beach and saying, look at the size of that ******* pebble. IMO

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some studies that say it's as low as 8% and as high as 25%. Google it. That's a major problem and it's not OK. Ever. And all it does is take away from real rape victims.

And where I come from evidence is kinda like...important and stuff. Saying you were raped when you weren't isn't evidence.

Do you remember Mike Nifong? Do you remember what happened to him? Do you honestly think he's the only prosecutor to do that?

It got even crazier when it got down to a girl can be naked and going hot and heavy and then says no and she has that right.. Ok fine but sometimes you have to use your brain.. If you had a couple of grand in your pocket would you think taking a walk through a bad part of town where robberies occur was a good idea?? Women should learn not to put themselves in danger..

Hmmm, yeah no. Don't remember that guy. Or the countless thousands of men who have raped countless thousands of women throughout history and gotten away with it. What you're saying is equivalent to holding a pebble up to a beach and saying, look at the size of that ******* pebble. IMO

Rapists and false accusers should never get away with any of it. But you saying other guys have gotten away with it so it's OK to make false accusations is a bit misguided.

And you clearly don't know who Mike Nifong is. I can tell by your post you think he's some who got falsely accused. Do yourself a favor and GTS.

Rapists and false accusers should never get away with any of it. But you saying other guys have gotten away with it so it's OK to make false accusations is a bit misguided.

And you clearly don't know who Mike Nifong is. I can tell by your post you think he's some who got falsely accused. Do yourself a favor and GTS.

Why?

Excellent point Tex brains are probably not her strong suit..

seeing as how she was only "normally drunk" and not excessively drunk according to her testimony (with no drugs in her system), her decision to go home from a crowded bar with 3 large, strange men isn't indicative of a smart person.

The smoking gun in all this would be if Winston's roommates will have to testify.  She could definitely get a payday if they were forced to testify and corroborated her side of the story.

So you can be informed.

Whatever, if you think it's cool to be ignorant of something then what can I really do? You've made up your mind.

Geez, why all the drama?

Mike Nifong  was the prosecutor who rail roaded the  the Duke lacrosse players, he was later disbarred  

During Spring break in Panama city FL a girl was raped by 3 guys when she was passed out on the beach.. People were all around girls and guys do you think anyone tried to stop it?? Nope they were busy recording it with their phones.. I guess to some college age kids a good time was had by all.. 

During Spring break in Panama city FL a girl was raped by 3 guys when she was passed out on the beach.. People were all around girls and guys do you think anyone tried to stop it?? Nope they were busy recording it with their phones.. I guess to some college age kids a good time was had by all..

Obv part of the 8%. Or was it 25%. Depending how you google it.

a reminder that there are more idiots than smart people out there.....

And whats really scary they can vote.. :puke2:

yeah, not to get too political here, but I've always been skeptical of *pure democracy* for that reason.  In this world with so many idiots, it's very easy to convince 51% of the population to do the wrong thing.

yeah, not to get too political here, but I've always been skeptical of *pure democracy* for that reason.  In this world with so many idiots, it's very easy to convince 51% of the population to do the wrong thing.

When the country was founded only property owners could vote. Now with the entitlement people voting it's rough to get anyone elected that believes in a balanced budget..

Surprised NIke signed him...

Nike has likely assured itself of the top overall pick in the NFL draft. Jameis Winston. Sources say the company has also signed this year's Heisman Trophy winner, Marcus Mariota, and the two runners-up, Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon, Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper, as well as Georgia running back Todd Gurley. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

This is a college kid who met a chick at a bar. She wasn't even intoxicated as tests proved that night. Took her to his dorm. She blew him and rode him like a cowboy. He took her to her dorm on his scooter. Then she had a change of heart. Even her friends statement corroborate the events.

a change of heart ?

I don't see the logic there

I think it's pretty simple.  she feels that he wronged her in some way, and he's getting away with it because football, so she is pursuing the only recourse she has.  there is logic there

the walk of shame doesn't lead to calling lawyers 

Word.

The duplicitous view of JN is amazing. There is a thread where most of JN rips the Patriots over drafting Hernandez. Then we have this thread where people are cool with drafting him if he falls to them.

If you can read that USA Today story and not have serious doubts, then you are a f'd in the head fan boy.

Well put.

Even her friends statement corroborate the events.

I wonder why ?

In Kinsman's case, Fox Sports has reported that the FSU campus police chief obtained the original police report four days before prosecutors, then handed it out to FSU officials and Winston's lawyer. Before law enforcement officials spoke with two key witnesses, the witnesses had already met with Winston's attorney. Their accounts would line up remarkably with that of Winston's lawyer. 

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12710233/what-hunting-ground-shows-jameis-winston-campus-culture

That refers to Darby and Casher. I said earlier that Tally PD and Fsu really messed this up from the beginning.

There's a jarring moment in the film when these words flash on screen: "With the information Erica provided, the Tallahassee Police Department could have ... identified and questioned the suspect and his two roommates the next day ... obtained video from the 30 surveillance cameras at the bar where she met the suspect ... located the cab driver who drove Erica and the suspect from the bar. They did none of these."

I have no idea what happened in that room, but if it's true they didn't do the basic 101 of investigation, I think we can see the impact of the defendant being a football player has on the system

Buccaneers spoke to district attorney as part of Winston research

Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
meggs.jpg?w=250Getty Images

During Friday’s Outside the Lines on ESPN, Bob Ley said that William Meggs, the local district attorney in Tallahassee, claimed that he has not been contacted by the NFL or any team.  According to a Buccaneers source, however, that information isn’t accurate.

Per the source, the Buccaneers have spoken to the district attorney’s office as part of an extensive due diligence process in which the team has engaged regarding Winston.

The communication occurred well in advance of Friday’s report, the source explained.  And it makes sense; having the first overall pick imposes an obligation to spend plenty of time and resources to research the players who potentially may be selected.  With Winston, that time and resources have been devoted, both as to the allegations made by Erica Kinsman and all other incidents that relate to him in any way.

UPDATE 10:03 p.m. ET:  Per the source, the Buccaneers communicated directly with assistant district attorney Georgia Cappleman, who did the bulk of the work on Kinsman’s claims.

If the prosecutor didn't even have enough evidence to bring the case to trial, I don't think this civil suit stands much of a chance.

Burden of proof is substantially less in a civil case.  And he may want to pay just to avoid having her testify at trial.  Unlike a criminal matter, it is almost impossible to get rid of a "he said/she said" case prior to trial without some kind of settlement.

Archived