Movies that you hated/didn't like but everybody else seemed to love

Morrissey

Never saw Tammy.  Never saw Bridesmaids.  Will never see "Spy".  Identity theft I shut off 1/2 way through.  No coming back from that.

Bridesmaids was actually pretty funny; I did like that one. It would be a good movie to watch with the Mrs. if she hasn't seen it. I've heard it described as a female version of The Hangover, which is somewhat accurate. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forest gump

american sniper

bridesmaids

talledega nights

the lego movie

the incredibles

Never saw lego movie or Bridesmades.  Gump, AmericanSniper, and Tailede  nights.  a are all movies I could care less about.  But The Incredibles?  Dude come on thinl about

I actually thought about this one a little bit today:

Avatar - Suckity suck suck sucks. Save for being the pioneer of 3D, there isn't one enjoyable aspect of this sh*t for me. The story is cliche, the dialogue made me puke, and the acting was so cheesy that it made Sofia Coppola's acting in III look not so terrible. I also took offense to parts of the allegorical condemnation of Iraq, which as a premise is acceptable and fine, but do all the marines have to be immoral pieces of human garbage? Really Cameron? And then you had all of those people complaining that the universe was too realistic and they couldn't accept real life again after watching it. Give me a break. The look on his face when he lost to his ex at the Oscars that year brought me so much joy. **** Avatar.

The Graduate - I have no idea why I hate this movie. Really. No clue at all. It just bores the sh*t out of me and I think the Wayne's World 2 spoof is way better than the original. Like legitimately.

The Fighter - I actually do not hate this movie. The cast is good and overall it's fairly well done as a Hollywood film. But there are a bunch of little boxing intricacies that they got so ******* wrong in this flick FOR NO REASON. THEY JUST CHANGED THEM AND THEY DIDN'T MATTER TO THE STORY AT ALL. Notably, injecting commentary from the 9th round of Gatti/Ward I into the Neary fight, which was cheesy and unnecessary; Ward's fight with Mungin was actually a great fight and he wasn't outweighed by that much; and like 8 more little changes that had no purpose and no reason. The Gatti stuff is the thing that pisses me off the most. That fight, and that particular round is sacred. Wahlberg is a big fight fan and should have known better.

^^^ Was going to put The Fighter on my list. Erased Avatar from memory, but The Fighter was just a tedious movie.

Did not like The Babadook as much as I wanted to. Let Me In pales in comparison to the original, I hate it in comparison. A Tale of Two Sisters was uncomfortable.

I actually thought about this one a little bit today:

Avatar - Suckity suck suck sucks. Save for being the pioneer of 3D, there isn't one enjoyable aspect of this sh*t for me. The story is cliche, the dialogue made me puke, and the acting was so cheesy that it made Sofia Coppola's acting in III look not so terrible. I also took offense to parts of the allegorical condemnation of Iraq, which as a premise is acceptable and fine, but do all the marines have to be immoral pieces of human garbage? Really Cameron? And then you had all of those people complaining that the universe was too realistic and they couldn't accept real life again after watching it. Give me a break. The look on his face when he lost to his ex at the Oscars that year brought me so much joy. **** Avatar.

You know what ruined Avatar for me? The MacGuffin in that movie was called "unobtanium"--not referring to it in an offhand, abstract, engineering in-joke sort of way; that was the actual scientific name of the mineral or whatever it was they were after. They literally could not have called it anything more generic. 

Petty, I know, but that's what got the proverbial sand in my proverbial vagina about that movie. 

Crash. I hated it when it first came out and even moreso now. Followed up closely by The Blind Side. Such a self-congratulatory piece of sh*t. They should have just sh*tcanned both movies, combined them and had a blank screen that read "Racism is Bad, but the white lady from Speed will solve it with her southern accent."

You know what ruined Avatar for me? The MacGuffin in that movie was called "unobtanium"--not referring to it in an offhand, abstract, engineering in-joke sort of way; that was the actual scientific name of the mineral or whatever it was they were after. They literally could not have called it anything more generic. 

Petty, I know, but that's what got the proverbial sand in my proverbial vagina about that movie. 

Definitely sounded like a placeholder term in an early draft of the script that ended up making it into the movie. I wasn't big fan of the movie as a whole either and thought it was wildly overrated.  Academy Awards for that sh-t?

gulp

blade runner

<runs away>

Me either, TBH...and I generally like Philip K. Dick's stuff in movie form. 

*Stands up*

Me: "Hi, my name is Bombdirt."

Rest of sci-fi support group: "Hello, Bombdirt"

Me: "And I didn't really like Blade Runner all that much.

Rest of sci-fi support group: "Thanks for shar--wait, what?! F*ck you, man, that's a classic." 

what? the beach scene is one the greatest scenes in film history

Yeah I don't get that post either.

the movie is a great piece of filmmaking and pretty much any action or war movie last 15 years is a rip off of the camera techniques.

what? it's a technical masterpiece, the beach scene is one the greatest scenes in film history. Plus it led to HBO classic Band of Brothers.

Goldman said it better than I can, but it's basically thirty minutes of good Spielberg, 90 minutes of bad Spielberg, 30 minutes of good Spielberg, 5 minutes of the most hackneyed garbage ever committed to film.

Definitely sounded like a placeholder term in an early draft of the script that ended up making it into the movie. I wasn't big fan of the movie as a whole either and thought it was wildly overrated.  Academy Awards for that sh-t?

I disliked the movie as well, but then again, I saw Ferngully when I was about 7, so you're gonna have to do a whole lot more than slap 3d on it to top Robin Williams as a talking bat. But then I gave it another chance, went and saw it high, and it was the t&#33;ts. 

Also, what were the odds of a thread called "Movies that you hated/didn't like but everybody else seemed to love" turning into people yelling at each other for not liking the right movies? I know crazy rite

No one's yelling, nothing wrong with disagreement. Maybe I should rewatch SPR...

Also, what were the odds of a thread called "Movies that you hated/didn't like but everybody else seemed to love" turning into people yelling at each other for not liking the right movies? I know crazy rite

It actually took longer than I thought it would. I figured this thread would pop within 5 posts.

Archived