Has Bobby April been fired yet?

I asked earlier how much I should make my gofundme goal for Mike Westhoff to come back. I thought he was going to have a heart attack at some point this year in the post game show. It wasn't just today that sucked. Today was the inevitable result of doing the same thing over and over without ever trying to fix it. We conceded the special teams portion of the game every week this season.

I am in no way getting April's back here; I think he sucked...

Realistically, we are now starting our second year of a rebuild.  We filled some holes this year, but depth is still a problem.  Normally, the players on ST come from depth.  As far as Kerley is concerned, they just wanted him to 'not drop it'.  I would guess he is gone next year and we will have some other WRs that will likely get punt return duties.

I was going to use the dislike button for you post; not because of you, but the comment - don't know if he was all that good other places and I don't think there was a lot of things to be done, but not impressed with April.

Maybe the team from SNY will fire Westy for the good of the team.

I think it's a player issue, not a coaching issue.  Mike Westhoff's Specials Teams sucked in 2012 because he had no players. April is considered one of the better ST coaches.

That's exactly what Westoff said the last few drafts didn't bring in low rd players for the ST's.. Which is usually 4th rd and down including FA pick ups..

I  have a problem with some of his play design particularly in the return game.  The wide outs are getting to Kerley nearly untouched as he's fielding the ball.  I coach football and it drivese crazy to see the gunners get to the middle of the field so easily.  Concede the outside and block with your butt to the middle of the field.  Double team one side with a backer on 4th aND long.  Give the returner two steps forward before he has to juke. The Jets don't do any of that. Hey just single up on the gunners and blow their blocks. Pathetic

I don't have a problem with April, I have a problem with Quigley and Kerley. Both are the worst at their respective positions. 

As for Cro, he was very serviceable as a kick returner. He made some plays. not bad for a CB that is forced into action. 

they need to bring in talent for sure.  the teams have been ignored for years around here

Archived