Gauging interest in a Jetnation all-time mock NFL draft. If interested post in this thread.

neckdemon

A long while back on JI we did an all-time mock MLB draft. I was just thinking with the off-season about to come up and with not much that will be going on football wise for a while after the panthers crush the broncos.....

Is anyone interested in being a team GM in an all-time mock NFL draft? If enough people show interest we can put together some parameters and get it going. It was actually alot of fun when we did it for baseball....i see no reason why it wouldnt be just as much or even more fun for football. 

I don't think it would be realistic to do a full 53-man roster, but maybe limiting it to one starter at each position and maybe making it flexible at some spots where you could pick say for offense :

QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T       LT, LG, C, RG, RT

If there's enough interest we could hammer out definite rules. Like roster composition, number of hours you get for a pick (and some sort of system where you would give someone your choices for next 3 picks in case you don't make it in time they would make choice for you in order of preference). 

Anyway, i just thought this would be a fun exercise to get going and see how the teams would come together and debate picks and which teams turn out to look the best. I'd say the format would most likely be snake draft style this way the GM  who gets stuck with thew last pick of the first round doesn't get hosed with the last pick in every round.

edit: interested members - 3

neckdemon, JIF, Broadway Jets

you make 4

If @nyjunc doesn't get a top 3 pick and Brady is already off the board, I wonder if he goes with Sanchez? :razz:

Cool idea...I won't be able to partake, but it'd be cool if you could leave it open to others to see and discuss picks as it's going on. Sorta like how we all criticize or praise every pick during the real draft every April on here. 

If @nyjunc doesn't get a top 3 pick and Brady is already off the board, I wonder if he goes with Sanchez? :razz:

Cool idea...I won't be able to partake, but it'd be cool if you could leave it open to others to see and discuss picks as it's going on. Sorta like how we all criticize or praise every pick during the real draft every April on here. 

either mark or Richard Todd, I am still weighing the pros and cons.:lol:

it would probably be set up with a thread strictly for picks,  and updating rosters, and keeping track of the draft and another for discussing whats going on. it would definitely be left open to everyone to see and discuss.........if we get enough interest it could be sort of like a jetnation event

ok, idk why but i guess you are only allowed to edit a post a finite number of times, so i cant edit the original. so far we have 5 interested:

neckdemon, jif, nyjunc, broadwayjets, section314

I think you have one hour to edit after you post and then you h edit function disappears

A long while back on JI we did an all-time mock MLB draft. I was just thinking with the off-season about to come up and with not much that will be going on football wise for a while after the panthers crush the broncos.....

Is anyone interested in being a team GM in an all-time mock NFL draft? If enough people show interest we can put together some parameters and get it going. It was actually alot of fun when we did it for baseball....i see no reason why it wouldnt be just as much or even more fun for football. 

I don't think it would be realistic to do a full 53-man roster, but maybe limiting it to one starter at each position and maybe making it flexible at some spots where you could pick say for offense :

QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T       LT, LG, C, RG, RT

If there's enough interest we could hammer out definite rules. Like roster composition, number of hours you get for a pick (and some sort of system where you would give someone your choices for next 3 picks in case you don't make it in time they would make choice for you in order of preference). 

Anyway, i just thought this would be a fun exercise to get going and see how the teams would come together and debate picks and which teams turn out to look the best. I'd say the format would most likely be snake draft style this way the GM  who gets stuck with thew last pick of the first round doesn't get hosed with the last pick in every round.

edit: interested members - 3

neckdemon, JIF, Broadway Jets

I'm in

Let's just do a 7 (or 10)  round draft - you can draft any position you want, you don't necessarily  have to draft an entire team.  Some people might load up on defense, some on offense, and some for a mix.  If we have 20 people partiticpating, we are looking at 140 or 200 players which should make for a nice overview of the best Jets players ever  

ok so we have 12 so far. i might make an official sign-up thread seeing as we are getting close to reasonable interest

neckdemon, jif, nyjunc, broadwayjets, section314, patriot killa, Sarge4tide, new york mick, predator_05, unitedwhofans, chirorob, #27thedominator

Let's just do a 7 (or 10)  round draft - you can draft any position you want, you don't necessarily  have to draft an entire team.  Some people might load up on defense, some on offense, and some for a mix.  If we have 20 people partiticpating, we are looking at 140 or 200 players which should make for a nice overview of the best Jets players ever  

this isn't limited to jets players. it's an all-time draft...i'd probably limit it to players who player from a certain year and on....say 1960

idk if 7 rounds makes any sense at all. thats not even a full offense

Archived