Jets start talks with Henderson

Jet in PA

Cosentino:#Jets and ILB Erin Henderson began talks toward a new contract Wednesday night at #SeniorBowl, per source.

I like him a lot more than DD I think he and Harris can fortify the middle while we search for a rush OLB. I like Mauldin a lot but this offseason is important to see if he'll be able to stay on the field in any situation.

They should be looking to re-sign Henderson.  The best scenario would be Harris & Henderson
as the ILB starters with Taiwan Jones and a rookie backing them up.  That would give us
productive veterans starting while the "youngsters" get reps and learn

Seems we got lucky finding a starter with a character issue that he's put behind him.  Henderson for DD is def an upgrade.  Let's hope Mac the magician doesn't overpay.  ( I still begrudge the Revis, Harris, and Cro overpays but not anywhere near enough to be critical of Mac yet.)

I agree that Henderson/Harris make a good tandem. Maudlin is a very good situational pass rusher, but with (I can only assume) the departure if Calvin Pace, we need help on the outside. 

Think we need to trade Sheldon Richardson, as I think he's more trouble than he's worth. Mo and Harrison deserve big contracts. 

They should be looking to re-sign Henderson.  The best scenario would be Harris & Henderson
as the ILB starters with Taiwan Jones and a rookie backing them up.  That would give us
productive veterans starting while the "youngsters" get reps and learn

Harris' lack of speed really was exposed by Rex in the last game of the season. He may not have fully recovered from his late season injury. Still this will be a good signing. Jets still need at least 2 more LB as Jones is a banger like Harris. 

Seems we got lucking finding a starter with a character issue that he's put behind him.  Henderson for DD is def an upgrade.  Let's hope Mac the magician doesn't overpay.  ( I still begrudge the Revis, Harris, and Cro overpays but not anywhere near enough to be critical of Mac yet.)

Think you have to give Mac a pass on Revis....that was all Woody.

Harris' lack of speed really was exposed by Rex in the last game of the season. He may not have fully recovered from his late season injury. Still this will be a good signing. Jets still need at least 2 more LB as Jones is a banger like Harris. 

It was  a long time ago  but of the 3 ILB'er Harris was the fastest 40 time.  4.59   Davis is next 4.61   Both good times for ILB'er.  Henderson not so much.  4.73.  I'm kind of surprised they are talking to Henderson so early.  After "need for speed" statement by Macc

It was  a long time ago  but of the 3 ILB'er Harris was the fastest 40 time.  4.59   Davis is next 4.61   Both good times for ILB'er.  Henderson not so much.  4.73.  I'm kind of surprised they are talking to Henderson so early.  After "need for speed" statement by Macc

maybe they like the depth/special teams play that Henderson provides? Who knows if the Jets view him as the starter

Seems we got lucky finding a starter with a character issue that he's put behind him.  Henderson for DD is def an upgrade.  Let's hope Mac the magician doesn't overpay.  ( I still begrudge the Revis, Harris, and Cro overpays but not anywhere near enough to be critical of Mac yet.)

Remember, he did have to spend nearly 90% of the available cap space to fulfill the CBA terms.

I'm sure he would have preferred to hold onto more money for this year, but I don't know if he was allowed..

Davis will be in a Bills uniform 24 hours after fa starts, and I will laugh....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ....just like that I will indeed.

Davis was pretty good in Ryan's scheme.  Not so much in Bowles scheme, so it kinda makes sense.  

Good floor.  They should work to sign him quickly, so they can worry about other positions.  I think he was getting starter minutes the last quarter of the season anyway.  I assume he will sign cheap enough that his deal will not block getting a fast playmaking ILB if one becomes available.  I would expect them to move quickly on Bilal Powell too, assuming Powell isn't expecting a payday.  That is what this time of year is for.  Setting your floor.

long before tha pick against Brady in the playoff game. Harris was caught by an OL of the Pasts. Henderson is familiar with the system now. Can't just dump folks like Madden and FF. This is the Pros.

Davis was pretty good in Ryan's scheme.  Not so much in Bowles scheme, so it kinda makes sense.  

He was alright, but didn't make much of an impact in either scheme.  Surprisingly a JAG given his physical attributes and intensity. 

Archived