Grade the Pick: UGA DE/LB Jordan Jenkins

Sarge4Tide

Grade the Pick  

62 members have voted

1. 1. I give the selection of Jordan Jenkins a grade of.....

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

B+. Only reason not higher because they completely shanked the first two so this wasn't as good of a pick. 

I don't quite follow your logic.I don't think the first two picks influence the value of this pick.

So far Macc has had a solid draft, Not a home run (unless Hackenberg can solve "the problem"), but a very solid draft.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't quite follow your logic.I don't think the first two picks influence the value of this pick.

So far Macc has had a solid draft, Not a home run (unless Hackenberg can solve "the problem"), but a very solid draft.

The Jets reached at the linebacker position and then again reached at the QB position. The third pick is a solid pick but because they haven't really addressed the porous offensive line, it's not as good a pick. The offensive line is in shambles and no one seems to care. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets reached at the linebacker position and then again reached at the QB position. The third pick is a solid pick but because they haven't really addressed the porous offensive line, it's not as good a pick. The offensive line is in shambles and no one seems to care

First of all, Lee was not a reach. He was projected to go in the teens. 

Second of all, just because a totally separate area of the team which you deem to be in shambles (which is bullsh*t, to be quite honest), does not demean the value of a pick. That makes no logical sense.

Third, Was Hackenberg a reach? Maybe, but if Mac believes he's the guy, he has to get him.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

First of all, Lee was not a reach. He was projected to go in the teens. 

Second of all, just because a totally separate area of the team which you deem to be in shambles (which is bullsh*t, to be quite honest), does not demean the value of a pick. That makes no logical sense.

Third, Was Hackenberg a reach? Maybe, but if Mac believes he's the guy, he has to get him.

Lee is not going to be an immediate impact starter. He's going to be a role player to start. Jenkins could start in Pace's spot off the bus tomorrow. Which was the better value? Lee was a reach because he's not at a premium position but he's going to be paid like it and there was other positions of need available at premium positions that would have had better value at the spot. 

If you don't think the line is in shambles, please go ahead and prove to me it isn't. I'd love to hear that argument. 

Hack was a major reach. You don't draft 5th round talent in the 2nd round. Even if it's "your guy". 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lee is not going to be an immediate impact starter. He's going to be a role player to start. Jenkins could start in Pace's spot off the bus tomorrow. Which was the better value? Lee was a reach because he's not at a premium position but he's going to be paid like it and there was other positions of need available at premium positions that would have had better value at the spot. 

If you don't think the line is in shambles, please go ahead and prove to me it isn't. I'd love to hear that argument. 

Hack was a major reach. You don't draft 5th round talent in the 2nd round. Even if it's "your guy". 

Regardless of whether you believe he;s going to start or not, he was projected to be in the teens and we got him at 20. Not a reach.

The OL is a bit long in the tooth, I will admit that, but not in shambles or complete disarray. 

Ferguson left and they brought in Clady. Jets have had good luck with oft injured players recently (Ivory, Marshall) so the injury bug doesn't frighten me as much.

So we have Clady, Winters (who played well last year), Mangold (the stalwart), Carpenter (solid and young) and Breno ( the one question mark).

Now depthwise, they need to look into picking up some whether it be today or in UDFA's.

As for your third point, some draftniks thought he would be gone by the Jets 2nd round pick. Pauline said that last night

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Regardless of whether you believe he;s going to start or not, he was projected to be in the teens and we got him at 20. Not a reach.

The OL is a bit long in the tooth, I will admit that, but not in shambles or complete disarray. 

Ferguson left and they brought in Clady. Jets have had good luck with oft injured players recently (Ivory, Marshall) so the injury bug doesn't frighten me as much.

So we have Clady, Winters (who played well last year), Mangold (the stalwart), Carpenter (solid and young) and Breno ( the one question mark).

Now depthwise, they need to look into picking up some whether it be today or in UDFA's.

As for your third point, some draftniks thought he would be gone by the Jets 2nd round pick. Pauline said that last night

Clady is a huge question mark. Breno is terrible. Winters is just as bad. Mangold is slipping and hurt a lot (not to mention makes cuttable money this season and next). Carpenter was very good. Hey. 1 out of 5 isn't bad, amiright? 

Some draftniks said Hackenberg was undraftable. So, I don't care what or who Pauline is or thinks. Watch the tape and decide for yourself. 

Clady is a huge question mark. Breno is terrible. Winters is just as bad. Mangold is slipping and hurt a lot (not to mention makes cuttable money this season and next). Carpenter was very good. Hey. 1 out of 5 isn't bad, amiright? 

Some draftniks said Hackenberg was undraftable. So, I don't care what or who Pauline is or thinks. Watch the tape and decide for yourself. 

Winters was fine. I don't know where you are getting your data from. Played very well against some big players. Handled Suh in both Miami games.

Mangold hurt a lot? Did I miss something. He missed 1 game this year. And had a nice bounceback year from last year where he was down

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Winters was fine. I don't know where you are getting your data from. Played very well against some big players. Handled Suh in both Miami games.

Mangold hurt a lot? Did I miss something. He missed 1 game this year. And had a nice bounceback year from last year where he was down

Being hurt a lot and missing games isn't the same thing. He played injured most of the year and it impacted his effectiveness. 

Winters was not fine. He was below average. Everyone handled Suh last season. He was awful. 

Being hurt a lot and missing games isn't the same thing. He played injured most of the year and it impacted his effectiveness. 

Winters was not fine. He was below average. Everyone handled Suh last season. He was awful. 

Well I guess we agree to disagree.

All I know is that the Jets gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Part of that was Fitz's mobility but not all of it. the line was solid last year. 

Mangold had a nice bounceback year and Winters was solid to me. Not fantastic, but solid.

Good value for our third round pick. Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in training camp. Hopefully our linebackers look sharp this season (probably will let me down a bit cause they will need some time to learn bowels schemes and develop)

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets reached at the linebacker position and then again reached at the QB position. The third pick is a solid pick but because they haven't really addressed the porous offensive line, it's not as good a pick. The offensive line is in shambles and no one seems to care. 

A player ranked in the top 15 in almost every Mock draft by anyone with any credibility and we get him at 20.  Not to mention it was a HUGE need, and this was a reach?

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

A player ranked in the top 15 in almost every Mock draft by anyone with any credibility and we get him at 20.  Not to mention it was a HUGE need, and this was a reach?

Unless you're drafting a QB, a team like this needs a day 1 impact starter from the first round. The Jets did not get that. Therefore, it's a reach. Lee wouldn't be a reach for a more established team or a team that could plug him in right away. Pick value and where he was "slotted" to go has nothing to do with being a reach to me. That has to do with scheme and fit and whether the guy can start day one. The Jets can't afford to wait for their first two round draft picks to get ready for a year or two. Not while the actual talent on this team continues to rot and decay. 

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Good value for our third round pick. Looking forward to seeing what he looks like in training camp. Hopefully our linebackers look sharp this season (probably will let me down a bit cause they will need some time to learn bowels schemes and develop)

They have been desperately looking for someone to replace Pace and fill his role in setting the edge.  Hopefully, Jenkins is that guy.  It looks like he has all the skills and tools to do so.

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Winters wasn't too bad.

he opened up huge holes for Powell in the Cowboys game and the second pats game. If we put a decent RT next to winters he wouldn't be too bad having him there, but that breno really sucks

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Unless you're drafting a QB, a team like this needs a day 1 impact starter from the first round. The Jets did not get that. Therefore, it's a reach. Lee wouldn't be a reach for a more established team or a team that could plug him in right away. Pick value and where he was "slotted" to go has nothing to do with being a reach to me. That has to do with scheme and fit and whether the guy can start day one. The Jets can't afford to wait for their first two round draft picks to get ready for a year or two. Not while the actual talent on this team continues to rot and decay. 

who was the can't miss day one impact starter the jets should have drafted????

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

who was the can't miss day one impact starter the jets should have drafted????

Doctson or Treadwell would have started on the outside immediately with Decker in the slot. One of the corners would have started immediately opposite Revis. Hell, they could have reached on a OT and he still would have started in place of Breno, who is terrible. But it's cool. The Jets got a player who can play one down a series at pick #20. 

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What grade do you give the Jets for their selection of Georgia OLB/DE Jordan Jenkins with the 83rd pick of the 2016 NFL Draft?

Question: What's the difference between n F n an F-?

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Doctson or Treadwell would have started on the outside immediately with Decker in the slot. One of the corners would have started immediately opposite Revis. Hell, they could have reached on a OT and he still would have started in place of Breno, who is terrible. But it's cool. The Jets got a player who can play one down a series at pick #20. 

I think people are overreacting to a fast LB. we do need to see what he brings to the table. I was hoping for Doctson myself.

I was hoping we trade up for Myles yesterday. My initial reaction to Hackerburg was the same as everyone else's. "WTF?" But as I read more n more about him, it became obvious he's a project player that relies heavily on scheme. It's interesting to note that he was touted as the top QB prospect after his first year n fell apart after a coaching/scheme change. Maybe he can salvage the pick by 2nd year in Gaileys system. Hell, Fitz just had a career year in this same offense n he's the kind of QB nobody wants to sign for more than backup money. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I think people are overreacting to a fast LB. we do need to see what he brings to the table. I was hoping for Doctson myself.

I was hoping we trade up for Myles yesterday. My initial reaction to Hackerburg was the same as everyone else's. "WTF?" But as I read more n more about him, it became obvious he's a project player that relies heavily on scheme. It's interesting to note that he was touted as the top QB prospect after his first year n fell apart after a coaching/scheme change. Maybe he can salvage the pick by 2nd year in Gaileys system. Hell, Fitz just had a career year in this same offense n he's the kind of QB nobody wants to sign for more than backup money. 

Good point. However, he is the opposite of most scheme-dependent "project" QB's.  He thrived in the pro set, while most young QB's are making the transition from the spread.  It really is a different kind of reach and should prove interesting to say the least.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

B+. Only reason not higher because they completely shanked the first two so this wasn't as good of a pick. 

The first pick was GREAT....he will be a stud.  Lee is future Pro Bowl player.    Jenkins is decent.  Hack not so much :-/  

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey. 1 out of 5 isn't bad, amiright? 

So based on your system of judging O-line, Mangold does count as a "1" to get you to at least 2 out of 5?  That's a silly statement.  I want to see them address the O-line too and if it was up to me, I would use the remainder of their picks in this area, so I am not content with the state of the line by any stretch, but the sky is falling approach to judging it as it stands is a bit of a stretch.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Just beat out bunt single with Hack.  Hope that moniker doesn't come to define him.

Archived