Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I really do miss people like Sharrow, shutout, vicious, and the such as well. Hope those guys are enjoying life. I mean, where has the time gone, fast forward 10 years and the Jets still don't have a legit qb, Ape and I are dads now, CTM is banging 29-year-old hotties, Crusher is still fat, Jetscode's 8-ball forgot how to play mafia, 80 invented a continuum before he realized it was something that already exists, AVM got married, Brett is actually a chunky monkey who still got lucky his rookie season, Hess and Leelou are apparently a thing, JiF crosses us up 300lb men on the basketball court, Verbal totally checks his phone every 5 minutes but posts every 2 days, SMC dead thread is still a thing and I barely even remember what game that was where he made that a thing. and Doggin totally embezzeled that FF league money.

At least I can still rely on Pac drinking White Russians on a coaster so he doesn't piss off the ladyfriend. wwwwwwwwwombat still has too many ws and cracks obscure LOTR refernces that he only gets, and Smash I still can't forgive for being a pennington lover even after all these years.

Lily is lovely, but is totally scummy, except when she's mafia, when she's totally chummy. She's scum this game for sure me thinks.

I think Hess is pretty townie to me this game, JiF reads to me as townie. So yeah, lynch lily or Wombat, if I had to throw in a bonus, I think Jetscode is another one. 

I love you!

My second tier would probably be Smash and Hess. Smash's post after the lynch felt off to me. The one with all the "*******." Hess as scum last game kept tossing my name out there without voting me and maybe a similar thing is happening here.

2 hours ago, Dan. said:

My second tier would probably be Smash and Hess. Smash's post after the lynch felt off to me. The one with all the "*******." Hess as scum last game kept tossing my name out there without voting me and maybe a similar thing is happening here.

I just read through all of Smash's posts. I'm almost getting the vibe that he's going through all the motions and lacking a bit of conviction. That's not enough for me to move him out of null yet, I want to see if he picks up any or not. 

SMC's entire game has been fake participation and a scummy voting pattern:

On 5/2/2016 at 3:54 PM, SMC said:

Vote Crusher

On 5/2/2016 at 4:21 PM, SMC said:

Unvote Crusher

Vote Pac

^^^ Starts the game by laying his vote on Crusher, then lays the 7th vote on Pac as momentum builds.

On 5/3/2016 at 4:30 PM, SMC said:

Unvote Pac

Vote Crusher

^^^ Pulls his vote off Pac and back on to Crusher when it is "safe" to do so.

On 5/4/2016 at 5:03 PM, SMC said:

Unvote Crusher

Vote Ballin

^^^ Lays the 7th vote on Ballin, and keeps it there THROUGHOUT the rest of the day. 

22 hours ago, The Crusher said:

7.Scum last game with SMC. Dan had a good point on him. He has been laying low agreed.  Scum lean.

i could lynch SMC and with more looking maybe Leelou but fine with letting Ballin die to see what it brings us.

^^^^ Crusher sees SMC as scummy as well.

22 hours ago, SMC said:

And it was your choice to kill Dan because she was dangerous to scum.  Convenient for you to invoke her as cover.

22 hours ago, SMC said:

That takes a mighty big gut

22 hours ago, SMC said:

You were excellent as scum.  We couldn't have won with you (and CTM, Verbal, Ape and JC)

^^^ Has spent most of the game making posts like these, just talking about last game, making jokes, not really participating at all.

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You do have a gun?  Shoot SMC

^^^ Again Crusher points SMC out.

21 hours ago, SMC said:

Revenge does not suit you

^^^ SMC's response to my vote on him.  His entire focus has remained on last game, probably because he doesn't want to jump in on this one and expose himself.

SMC is scum.  When he flips as such, I'll be feeling real good about CTM and Dan after the re-read.  They both were onto SMC as well.

Just putting this here to point out SMC's location on the final voting train.  He never moved his vote once after placing it on Ballin.

FINAL D1 VOTE COUNT:

Ballin (10) - Pac, SMC, Wombat, Lily, Crusher, 80, JiF, Leelou, Verbal, AVM

JiF (2) - Hallia, Ballin

Lily (2) - JVoR, Ape

80 (1) - CTM

Ape (1) - JC

SMC (1) - Dan

AVM (1) - Smash

Verbal (1) - Hess

With 19 players, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline @ 2:15 pm EST

Around Page 30, SMC gets listed as a solid scum candidate by Ape, CTM and Crusher, and doesn't respond to any of them.  He just keeps plugging away talking about how brilliant Crusher's play was as his scum teammate the previous game.

Feel better about Ape too if/when SMC flips scum. 

I understand the basis of the case and wouldn't call it outlandish, 80.  I talked about Crusher because he was trying to get me killed last game, even as a teammate, so that was in jest.  I had no reason to respond to CTM and Ape because I'm a usual early ping, FOS, or scum candidate.

I prefer to let things settle themselves out and after the dust settles assess the landscape.  Early reads are just visceral predispositions; that's why I prefer to wait.  Also, that will have to wait until Monday, if possible, for the following reasons.

I've been swamped at work and my participation has suffered thus far, and it will continue to be so, unfortunately, because I'm working from home today (my bday) and I'm taking the kids to see Captain America later ("my" gift, LOL).  Plus,  its Mother's Day weekend so that's going to take up both days.

9 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I really do miss people like Sharrow, shutout, vicious, and the such as well. Hope those guys are enjoying life. I mean, where has the time gone, fast forward 10 years and the Jets still don't have a legit qb, Ape and I are dads now, CTM is banging 29-year-old hotties, Crusher is still fat, Jetscode's 8-ball forgot how to play mafia, 80 invented a continuum before he realized it was something that already exists, AVM got married, Brett is actually a chunky monkey who still got lucky his rookie season, Hess and Leelou are apparently a thing, JiF crosses us up 300lb men on the basketball court, Verbal totally checks his phone every 5 minutes but posts every 2 days, SMC dead thread is still a thing and I barely even remember what game that was where he made that a thing. and Doggin totally embezzeled that FF league money.

At least I can still rely on Pac drinking White Russians on a coaster so he doesn't piss off the ladyfriend. wwwwwwwwwombat still has too many ws and cracks obscure LOTR refernces that he only gets, and Smash I still can't forgive for being a pennington lover even after all these years.

Lily is lovely, but is totally scummy, except when she's mafia, when she's totally chummy. She's scum this game for sure me thinks.

I think Hess is pretty townie to me this game, JiF reads to me as townie. So yeah, lynch lily or Wombat, if I had to throw in a bonus, I think Jetscode is another one. 

JiF learned he was at his best when paired with a big fatty (<3 Crush)

9 hours ago, Pac said:

dolby-atmos-onkyo-amber-tech-2014-10-09-

Something like this ^^^

Dolby Atmos is a new audio format for creating and playing back multichannel movie soundtracks. It was developed to give movie sound a more three-dimensional effect. Traditional 5.1- and 7.1-channel surround setups deliver captivating sound using speakers placed all around your room.

And I do CC but formerly payroll.  Can get you both.  I haven't forgotten about that.

And there it is!!!! We've now hit every old school reference!!! WOOOO

7 hours ago, Dan. said:

I guess it's selfish but I'm enjoying myself so I'm going to keep playing, lol.

Yes please?

7 hours ago, Dan. said:

I miss Sharrow!!!!! What happened to him?

He dropped off the face of the earth after I sacrificed myself to give him the Hunger Games victory.  I've sent him a few PM's, but he has only logged into the forum something like once in 3 years.  He's alive, at least...so that's good haha

7 hours ago, Dan. said:

I do feel great, lol. I think breastfeeding hormones have made me less of a bitch. Or am I scum!! LOL.

Hey Dan...real talk for a sec.  You scum?  Please say no and I'll believe you (maybe...probably not but maybe).

7 hours ago, Dan. said:

When I started playing I think I was like 20 and this was my first experience talking to strangers online. LOL, I was so nervous.

And so many lists :rl:

6 hours ago, Dan. said:

SMC and Lily are still my top two. SMC's vote on Ballin that bothered me before looks even scummier now. Lily also really seems to be playing with an agenda. It's a toss up for me.

vote SMC

Need to go back and look at when SMC jumped on Ballin.  Not sure if I'd say Lily is playing with an agenda so much as she's playing opportunistically.  That's where I'm likely parking for a bit.

Current Vote Count:

Wombat (4) - Hally, Leelou, JVoR, CTM

SMC (4) - 80, Ape, Lily, Dan

Ape (2) - Smash, JC

Lily (1) - Wombat

Leelou (1) - Pac

AVM (1) - Hess

With 17 Players, it takes 9 to feed the sharks.

I'd like to point out how good I'm at catching  town like Ballin. Catching Scum not so much but that said,

AVM, Verb, Lily, and then maybe Wombat and Smash are next for scum.  I'm letting Ape float in the grey and keeping an eye on CTM. Everyone else is cleared. You're welcome.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF, when he's scum, usually.

Also, anyone that regularly deems Crusher as unlynchable... *looks at CTM*

Meh, not true, definitely not on D1.  The games suck without MT. 

In fact, I think I've killed Crusher once as scum and it was like D3. 

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Go suck a gigantic cock you dainty faggot.  Nope still JN>

<3  I concede, lol

11 hours ago, CTM said:

ok so now that we have the delusional view out of the way I'll tell you what's really happenned

While you were away Ape did begin to tell people he got really good at day 1 scum hunting, I think he blind squirrel Jetscode one time and  used it as his proof.. This of course flys in the face of his true day 1 hit rate which is actually far lower than the 28% chance he'd have should he just throw a dart at at a list of names, but I digress

He also did begin to post more and more but that's mainly because townies completely ignored him and his walls of text (except whomever he was bickering with) and scum used his hot air to hide behind and almost never night kill him because of it . Ape is only able to view this as apathy because as an egomaniac he can't comprehend why everyone of us aren't hanging on his every brilliant word.

The real reality is that over time as games became more plentiful,  people became more experienced and thier roles and niches within the community better defined. Outside of the mafia community,  we've all grown up and had children and job changes and moves etc. So just like the jets football, which brought most of us here and most of us no longer live and die by, each game of mafia became less important,  people took it less seriously, didn't fight tooth and nail to not be the lynch. For most of us it's simply an excuse to have a laugh with some old internet friends, rip on each other a bit and occasionally get in a good puzzle/ contest, a pleasant distraction from the grind of everyday life,  like an afternoon of football watching  ..

outside of ape, our egos aren't defined by success/failure here, days and weeks aren't made or ruined by wins / losses (again, similiar to the way the 10 year older version of us react to jets games )

in short, for most of us, mafia has the proper place and importance within our overall lives

/postoftheyear

11 hours ago, Pac said:

So Leelou didn't shoot JiF.  But she sure acted like she did.

Vote Leelou

Wait....what?

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

not sure i can stomach any more of CTM and Pac tongue kissing each others buttholes like this... make it stop, @Leelou shoot me!!!!

I snorted coffee up my nose and it hurts, asshat!

10 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Never leave us again.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dan. said:

Any gut read on Pac or JVoY?  

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

scummy comment

vote ape

Question -- are you voting Ape because of last game (which I think is the case) or because you feel that he would be someone likely to kill Crush?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was playing angry at the moment.  After some deep introspection, I have you in my "neutral" pile now.

Not sure I can remember another time I've seen you get legitimately angry like that.  Angry at people like no penis, sure -- but not like that really.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

SMC's entire game has been fake participation and a scummy voting pattern:

^^^ Starts the game by laying his vote on Crusher, then lays the 7th vote on Pac as momentum builds.

^^^ Pulls his vote off Pac and back on to Crusher when it is "safe" to do so.

^^^ Lays the 7th vote on Ballin, and keeps it there THROUGHOUT the rest of the day. 

^^^^ Crusher sees SMC as scummy as well.

^^^ Has spent most of the game making posts like these, just talking about last game, making jokes, not really participating at all.

^^^ Again Crusher points SMC out.

^^^ SMC's response to my vote on him.  His entire focus has remained on last game, probably because he doesn't want to jump in on this one and expose himself.

SMC is scum.  When he flips as such, I'll be feeling real good about CTM and Dan after the re-read.  They both were onto SMC as well.

And this is actually pretty good.  Aside from the part where he ignored Crusher, CTM and Ape throwing suspicion on him.

Unlike yours truly I don't really recall SMC being one to overreact (or react at all) to people naming him.  It's been a long damn time though, so I could be wrong :P

Would probably put him at #2 right now, though.

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Town

JiF

Leelou

Dan

CTM

Ape

JC

AVM

Pac

Hallia

Verbal

JVOR

Smash

Hess

Lily

Wombat

SMC

Scum

Moved Dan up pretty high.  Just due to her suspicion of SMC?  I'm pretty sure I'd lean town, slightly, on her right now...just curious as to your thoughts.  You also moved Hess down more than I would.

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

unvote vote AVM

Feels like a town move from Hess, tbh.

Just now, AVM said:

And this is actually pretty good.  Aside from the part where he ignored Crusher, CTM and Ape throwing suspicion on him.

Unlike yours truly I don't really recall SMC being one to overreact (or react at all) to people naming him.  It's been a long damn time though, so I could be wrong :P

Would probably put him at #2 right now, though.

Moved Dan up pretty high.  Just due to her suspicion of SMC?  I'm pretty sure I'd lean town, slightly, on her right now...just curious as to your thoughts.  You also moved Hess down more than I would.

Feels like a town move from Hess, tbh.

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

1.  I didn't expect SMC to OVERREACT to those FOS's.  But I figured he'd at least ACKNOWLEDGE them.  He did nothing of the sort.

2.  I'm moving people closer to the "townie side" in case I'm right about SMC.  If he flips scum, as I truly suspect he will, then Dan, CTM and Ape all look really good to me right now.  You threw a vote on SMC on D1 and are agreeing with my case on him to some extent as well so that helps too. 

3.  Still don't like how Hess played around the deadline last night.  Just by process of elimination he has to be closer to the scum end. 

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I'd like to point out how good I'm at catching  town like Ballin. Catching Scum not so much but that said,

AVM, Verb, Lily, and then maybe Wombat and Smash are next for scum.  I'm letting Ape float in the grey and keeping an eye on CTM. Everyone else is cleared. You're welcome.

Why Verb?

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Wombat

Hmm.  Maybe Wombat but you jump there rather than trying to create a third train with Lily...

Town points for Hess.  vote Wombat even though I wouldn't put him top 2.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Disagree.  Being an idiot is awesome. 

When should we expect Smash to start playing? D3 or D4?

So you're softening on your position that 80 ruined mafia, I take it?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Why Verb?

Hmm.  Maybe Wombat but you jump there rather than trying to create a third train with Lily...

Town points for Hess.  vote Wombat even though I wouldn't put him top 2.

So you're softening on your position that 80 ruined mafia, I take it?

Never. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Vote Dan

I think she is scum.

Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  I didn't expect SMC to OVERREACT to those FOS's.  But I figured he'd at least ACKNOWLEDGE them.  He did nothing of the sort.

2.  I'm moving people closer to the "townie side" in case I'm right about SMC.  If he flips scum, as I truly suspect he will, then Dan, CTM and Ape all look really good to me right now.  You threw a vote on SMC on D1 and are agreeing with my case on him to some extent as well so that helps too. 

3.  Still don't like how Hess played around the deadline last night.  Just by process of elimination he has to be closer to the scum end. 

1. It feels like you're yelling at me.  It's raining today so I'm already pretty emotional with all these umbrellas around, so I will gently ask you to be kind.

1b. In all seriousness, that's why I added in the react overall.  But that may have been an old scum tell of his that just meshes in...I just recall having times where he completely ignored suspicion.

2. Gotcha.  I don't remember putting a legit vote on SMC on Day 1, fwiw.

3. He's much more calculated with his "erratic" play when scum.  He's starting to strike me as town, but I'd put him slight town to null right now I think.