Brady-less Pats win, Fitz-led Jets lose. That's all that matters

Paradis

A team missing 1/2 of the biggest playmakers on offense, takes it to one of the strongest 3 teams in the NFC -- in their house.  

Jets at full strength (spare me the Richardson remarks, dline was in fine shape) and lost at home. special teams this, kicker that, blah blah. We lost. 

You can dissect it any way you want - play the "we're learning" card, or "just one game" self-therapy, but the reality is this where we are as a franchise. We can't win when it counts at home, while our divisional foe is rolling out the practice squad and thumping Conference kingpins in their own homes.

NE 1-0 on top of division. What else is new? 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

A team missing 1/2 of the biggest playmakers on offense, takes it to one of the strongest 3 teams in the NFC -- in their house.  

Jets at full strength (spare me the Richardson remarks, dline was in fine shape) and lost at home. special teams this, kicker that, blah blah. We lost. 

You can dissect it any way you want - play the "we're learning" card, or "just one game" self-therapy, but the reality is this where we are as a franchise. We can't win when it counts at home, while our divisional foe is rolling out the practice squad and thumping Conference kingpins in their own homes.

You're still a dick so that's not new. 

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Fitz is who we thought he was. Once under real pressure, he throws a pick.

31 teams didnt want him.....

Until we find a REAL QB, this is the state of the NY JETS.

I'd even be fine with a fake QB.

Mark Sanchez

Kellen Clemens

Greg McElroy

Geno Smith

Michael Vick

Ryan Fitzpatrick

This is what we've run out there to start since 2009. Not a single one of those guys would be considered in the top 25 in the league. You couldn't accomplish that if you tried. in 7 years, we can't even sign, trade or draft a guy who is average

37 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Fitz is who we thought he was. Once under real pressure, he throws a pick.

31 teams didnt want him.....

Until we find a REAL QB, this is the state of the NY JETS.

I'm not sure you'll find many people who disagree with that but what other realistic options are/were there?

For me, the biggest pity is that we finished the season well under Rex in 2014. Had we not done that there's a good possibility we'd have Winston or Mariota now.

Unfortunately, Fitzpatrick really is the best of a bad bunch. All we can do is hope that either Petty or Hack develop or that if this season is a bad one, it's so bad that we can do something with a high draft pick...

8 minutes ago, SwanseaJack said:

Unfortunately, Fitzpatrick really is the best of a bad bunch. All we can do is hope that either Petty or Hack develop or that if this season is a bad one, it's so bad that we can do something with a high draft pick...

If it's gonna be bad, I'd rather it be bad while figuring out what we have with the young QBs.  Then we'll know what to do with a top draft pick.  Maybe it can be spent on Oline or a weapon instead of adding another young QB to the stable of young guys who never get a chance to play.

Having an extra 12mil for 2017 would've been nice too.

9 minutes ago, SwanseaJack said:

I'm not sure you'll find many people who disagree with that but what other realistic options are/were there?

For me, the biggest pity is that we finished the season well under Rex in 2014. Had we not done that there's a good possibility we'd have Winston or Mariota now.

agreed however, Integrity 28 had a good post of all the young QB's that WERE available to us that we did not choose.

We have drafted Petty and hack and neither seem ready.  

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If it's gonna be bad, I'd rather it be bad while figuring out what we have with the young QBs.  Then we'll know what to do with a top draft pick.  Maybe it can be spent on Oline or a weapon instead of adding another young QB to the stable of young guys who never get a chance to play.

Having an extra 12mil for 2017 would've been nice too.

I can see that line of reasoning absolutely. However, there is probably another argument that throwing in Petty or Hack into a tough schedule, especially initially, may shatter their confidence and ruin them beyond repair.

I suspect we'll see Petty start at least the last 5 or 6 games this season with little to no pressure on him, assuming we aren't in with a playoff shout. For now I think Fitzpatrick is a useful guy to have around 

Pats elite, rest of AFC east subpar.

Most consistent NFL storyline of the last 15 years. Brady or no Brady. So boringly good. I always complain to my non-AFC East friends about having them in the division. Imagine being in the NFC east where you only need 9-7 or 10-6 to nick the division? Jesus Christ.

We get a 13-3 juggernaut every year penciled in. 

1 minute ago, SwanseaJack said:

I can see that line of reasoning absolutely. However, there is probably another argument that throwing in Petty or Hack into a tough schedule, especially initially, may shatter their confidence and ruin them beyond repair.

I suspect we'll see Petty start at least the last 5 or 6 games this season with little to no pressure on him, assuming we aren't in with a playoff shout. For now I think Fitzpatrick is a useful guy to have around 

I can't say if Petty or Hack should play.  That's up to the guys seeing them in practice daily (Bowles n Gailey).  But even if playing them vs tough opponents is a bad idea, then play Geno.  Tell him it really is do or die.  

If Fitz fails at Buffalo Thurs, there's absolutely no upside in continuing to play him.

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Most consistent NFL storyline of the last 15 years. Brady or no Brady. So boringly good. I always complain to my non-AFC East friends about having them in the division. Imagine being in the NFC east where you only need 9-7 or 10-6 to nick the division? Jesus Christ.

You'd think that kind of exposure to success and consistency would make us a better team, or at least role model a few things...

Nope, lets spend like a player for a win now team that features a winless QB. 

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I can't say if Petty or Hack should play.  That's up to the guys seeing them in practice daily (Bowles n Gailey).  But even if playing them vs tough opponents is a bad idea, then play Geno.  Tell him it really is do or die.  

If Fitz fails at Buffalo Thurs, there's absolutely no upside in continuing to play him.

There's nothing about yesterday's game that makes Smith any better than the crap Qb he is.  but htanks for being so predictable in seeming to enjoy seeing the Jets lose.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

In fairness, how the game played out was eerily similar.  Bengals made their FG, Cards didnt. 

But yeah, SOJ

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz didn't fail yesterday the team lost by one point and left 4 on the field via the kicking game. He played ok. Good enough to win. They aren't benching him after 2 games even if he's terrible on Thursday night. And he isn't going to be terrible. He's generally played ok to very good since coming to the Jets. Yesterday he was a game manager because the game plan dictated that and they took what they could from the Bengals defense which is very good. Geno is not going to start unless there is an injury. You got that. Nobody wants to see that except about 15 guys on this board and his parents. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Fitz didn't fail yesterday the team lost by one point and left 4 on the field via the kicking game. He played ok. Good enough to win. They aren't benching him after 2 games even if he's terrible on Thursday night. And he isn't going to be terrible. He's generally played ok to very good since coming to the Jets. Yesterday he was a game manager because the game plan dictated that and they took what they could from the Bengals defense who are good.  Geno is not going to start unless there is an injury. You got that. Nobody wants to see that except about 15 guys on this board and his parents. 

Not too sure on them..B)

In fairness, how the game played out was eerily similar.  Bengals made their FG, Cards didnt. 

But yeah, SOJ

Every team makes mistakes every game. No ones gift wrapped a win. Difference is good teams overcome their mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

There's nothing about yesterday's game that makes Smith any better than the crap Qb he is.  but htanks for being so predictable in seeming to enjoy seeing the Jets lose.

Enjoy?  I phuckin hate seeing this team waste away with Fitz.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz didn't fail yesterday the team lost by one point and left 4 on the field via the kicking game. He played ok. Good enough to win. They aren't benching him after 2 games even if he's terrible on Thursday night. And he isn't going to be terrible. He's generally played ok to very good since coming to the Jets. Yesterday he was a game manager because the game plan dictated that and they took what they could from the Bengals defense which is very good. Geno is not going to start unless there is an injury. You got that. Nobody wants to see that except about 15 guys on this board and his parents. 

Lol, I can sense some nervousness in the anti-Geno (pro Fitz at any cost/outcome) movement.

tick - tick - tick - tick......

(Time is running out on our 12mil QB.)

21 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Omar, from The Wire? If so, well played sir, well played indeed. 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Every team makes mistakes every game. No ones gift wrapped a win. Difference is good teams overcome their mistakes.

Oh yeah, no argument here. I was just saying that the games ended the same way with different outcomes.

Honestly, I'm most concerned with Todd Bowles right now.  The last 2 times we've seen him, we've seen a coach that couldnt adjust, had issue with substitutions and was coaching IMO, a superior team from a talent perspective.  He was out coached, again.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unless Fitzpatrick gets hurt Geno will never take another snap for the Jets no matter what the record is.

Now that's just foolish.  If this team ends up at 7-9 (give or take a game) and it was decided Petty and Hack weren't ready to play because it could stunt their growth, not playing Geno would be a huge mistake.  Enough of one to begin looking for a new coach.

Oh yeah, no argument here. I was just saying that the games ended the same way with different outcomes.

Honestly, I'm most concerned with Todd Bowles right now.  The last 2 times we've seen him, we've seen a coach that couldnt adjust, had issue with substitutions and was coaching IMO, a superior team from a talent perspective.  He was out coached, again.

Quite frankly I'm concerned about the whole regime. Questionable decisions front top to bottom... I want them to work out as a team, I really do - but they gotta show something this year to suggest they're either correcting these mistakes or acknowledging them.

Lol what's so shocking? Belichick is the best coach in NFL history and as such, he coaches his team to that standard. They don't make the same half dozen mental mistakes that the rest of the NFL does.  If you make those mistakes in practice, you're benched or your ass is on the street, it's really not a mystery. When you practice the simple philosophy of "just do your job" you take that to the game. And when each game is decided by a handful of plays, they tend to win games that they shouldn't just based on gameplan and not f*cking up. 

Archived