Oh TINY DANCER:Jets rookie Darron Lee (ankle) won't play against Ravens

Gas2No99

Jets rookie Darron Lee (ankle) won't play against Ravens

• cimini_rich_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Dick Semen-iESPN Staff Writer

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- First-round pick Darron Lee will miss the first game of his NFL career Sunday.

The New York Jets rookie linebacker, who sprained an ankle in Monday night's loss to the Arizona Cardinals, won't play against the Baltimore Ravens, coach Todd Bowles said Thursday.

It's no surprise, as Lee hasn't made an appearance at practice. He has been spending his days inside, getting treatment. Bowles said he's not sure if Lee will miss time beyond this week.

"I’m hoping not," he said. "It’s still too early to tell. I just know he’s out this week."

Lee, who leads the team with 34 tackles, will have to be replaced in the nickel defense. That role likely will fall to Bruce CarterDavid Harris is expected back after missing last week with a hamstring injury.

Part-time right tackle Brent Qvale (neck) also has been ruled out, leaving the position to Ben Ijalana. Incumbent Breno Giacomini (back) has returned to practice, but he remains on the PUP list.

Let the Punches keep on coming! <_<

7 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I gave the OP a negative rep because of the Tiny Dancer label. :)  To me it's akin to a troll.  

I gave this ^ post a negative rep because Algonquian Island here has no sense of humor and can't appreciate an Elton John reference when applicable :D that's akin to folly.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, the Pats drafted a MLB in the top ten with Mayo. And now he's out of the game. Solid player and a good leader of the defense, but I dont remember splash plays from him

Just because you weren't watching doesn't mean he wasn't an impact player. Mayo was LEGIT and better than Gholston who we took @ #6 and was an ALL-PRO by his 3rd year. Injuries cut his career short.

Mayo was a DAMN good LB:

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Just because you weren't watching doesn't mean he wasn't an impact player. Mayo was LEGIT and better than Gholston who we took @ #6 and was an ALL-PRO by his 3rd year. Injuries cut his career short.

Mayo was a DAMN good LB:

I didn't he wasn't a good player. I said that I don't recall seeing splash plays from him. Splash plays, to me, are plays made by Polamalu, Deion, L.T. etc.

He was a solid linebacker, but his excellence came by leading the defense. 

Archived