Bryce Petty

Lupz27

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I swear if Fitzpatrick starts over him next week this will be the final straw for me, and I'm done watching the Jets this year.

If that's the case, if I were you I'd start making alternate plans for your Sundays.

I strongly doubt we see Petty play next week.  

I strongly doubt we see Petty play at all until we're mathematically eliminated.

46 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If that's the case, if I were you I'd start making alternate plans for your Sundays.

I strongly doubt we see Petty play next week.  

I strongly doubt we see Petty play at all until we're mathematically eliminated.

well, if geno can't practice, petty is the backup.  so he gets in if fitz gets hurt.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Alot of hate for Pryor who actually mostly played fairly well today.

Like the whole defense, he started out slow (That play on the bomb to Wallace was absolutely awful and should have been picked/deflected), but played better in the second half.

Maybe, just maybe that Skrine INT woke up the defense and they'll play up to their potential? One can dream. 

2 hours ago, TheMagicRat said:

Like the whole defense, he started out slow (That play on the bomb to Wallace was absolutely awful and should have been picked/deflected), but played better in the second half.

Maybe, just maybe that Skrine INT woke up the defense and they'll play up to their potential? One can dream. 

The bomb to wallace is more on Skrine than it was Pryor, Skrine was covering him Pryor almost got a hand in on the play.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I swear if Fitzpatrick starts over him next week this will be the final straw for me, and I'm done watching the Jets this year.

Cool story, can't wait to hear who your new team is, please make a thread about it letting us know who you chose, I won't eat or sleep until I hear about it.

52 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The bomb to wallace is more on Skrine than it was Pryor, Skrine was covering him Pryor almost got a hand in on the play.

Skrine got beat. Yes.  But part of a safety's job is to bail out a corner sometimes.  Pryor was actually in position to make the play for a change, a rarity as we know, but went for the interception instead of knocking it away. 

Honestly..  when your playing catch and try to catch an over the shoulder ball and/or one you have to jump for.  How often do you completely whiff on the ball when it is well within reach of both hands? Keep in mind, this a professional safety we're talking about and not a 40 year old with a spare tire midsection.  He should have deflected it even if he understandably couldn't catch it.  I think many of those 40 year old's would have gotten at least one hand on that ball.

Archived