Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnnysd

Fitz Playing the Teammates Like Me Card Again

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jet in PA said:

 


I didn't get that from his comments but the same words can mean different things depending on your overall opinion of the person that's speaking. I'm not a huge fan of his as of late.

 

I just think a lot of people hate him for being an average mediocre QB. He is not horrible, He has stretches of good play and stretches of crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just think he plays better when he is disrespected and an underdog. Like Brady does. (Not saying Fitz is Brady)

I think Fitz needs just about everything around him to be perfect, and that's when he appears to be a competent NFL quarterback. If things aren't perfect, he becomes streaky and is more likely to be bad than good.

Last year, Fitz faced an incredibly easy schedule, was playing behind a good offensive line, got a very good season out of Decker, and got career years out of Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory. He was also backed up by a top 10 defense. And even with all of that, when it mattered most, he showed us who he really was in the Buffalo game: a fringe NFL starter / very good backup that isn't able to lead a team to the playoffs, even under the best of circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
God he is an annoying douche. Laughed about getting back in the game (fake qualifier that it is not because Geno was hurt) and going on and on about how his teammates like him. Just cut this loser now and move forward.

Aren't u a Geno fan boy? I don't have a problem with Fitz the person, seems like a good guy and teammate.

Geno is just one of those jerks no one cam stand or wants to be around.

They both suck at qb though

Sent from mTalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just think a lot of people hate him for being an average mediocre QB. He is not horrible, He has stretches of good play and stretches of crap


It's been a decent stretch of crap. Buffalo he was incredible. It even when he doesn't turn it over he doesn't really make a ton of plays to win the game for multiple reasons. He's not the only thing wrong with the team at the moment but 12M for average/mediocre QB when you have Geno and two young guys on the roster basically free it makes it hard to take it easy on him or the organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The locker room thinks Geno is a stooge. 

Word on the street is that Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly loved in the Packers locker room, so I'm not sure that that's a debilitating trait from a QB. Geno is an aloof guy, but he's not Jeff George.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I think Fitz needs just about everything around him to be perfect, and that's when he appears to be a competent NFL quarterback. If things aren't perfect, he becomes streaky and is more likely to be bad than good.

Last year, Fitz faced an incredibly easy schedule, was playing behind a good offensive line, got a very good season out of Decker, and got career years out of Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory. He was also backed up by a top 10 defense. And even with all of that, when it mattered most, he showed us who he really was in the Buffalo game: a fringe NFL starter / very good backup that isn't able to lead a team to the playoffs, even under the best of circumstances.

Ok. But I dont expect FItz to take us there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

That's it, post of the year.  Can't find enough stupid things to blame on Geno.  Fitz never sees the field if Geno was a better player?  As silly as that is on its own, Fitz getting on the field had nothing to do with play, had nothing to do with him outplaying Geno, had to do with IK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

Geno was the #1 quarterback going into training camp last year and was winning the QB "battle" against Fitz before he got punched in the face. After Fitz won a few games, Bowles' hands were tied - if he went back to Geno and the team started losing, Bowles would have been run out of town.

If Geno never gets punched, he would have been our starting QB last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

How is it Geno's fault that the Jets organization has no clue how to find a QB worth anything?  It's not Fitz fault for sucking, it's Geno's fault he sucks because Geno himself sucks, that's just the stupidest thing I ever read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

Geno was the #1 quarterback and was winning the QB "battle" in training camp against Fitz before he got punched in the face. After Fitz won a few games, Bowles' hands were tied - if he went back to Geno and the team started losing, Bowles would have been run out of town.

If Geno never gets punched, he would have been our starting QB last year.

If Geno is the better player in camp and is the starter, he gets his job back no matter what. The Jets were 3-3 going into the bye last season. Not really unreasonable to think that Fitz had done well enough but they were going back to Geno, who was healthy. They had opportunity and they had all the reasons you stated to go with Geno. The staff decided against it at that time. Guess that Geno wasn't the better QB in the coaching staffs eyes then, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

How is it Geno's fault that the Jets organization has no clue how to find a QB worth anything?  It's not Fitz fault for sucking, it's Geno's fault he sucks because Geno himself sucks, that's just the stupidest thing I ever read.

Fitz never sees the field if Geno is a better QB. I'm not sure that's earthshaking news to you or any of the other Geno supporters. It's basic logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fitz never sees the field if Geno is a better QB. I'm not sure that's earthshaking news to you or any of the other Geno supporters. It's basic logic. 

Reread your original post, comprehend what it says, then get back at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lupz27 said:

Reread your original post, comprehend what it says, then get back at me.

I understand fully what I said and it's logically correct. I'm sorry you can't grasp the concept because of your prejudices against the QB you hate. It's best not to move this conversation forward any further because you obviously don't understand how this works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Geno is the better player in camp and is the starter, he gets his job back no matter what. The Jets were 3-3 going into the bye last season. Not really unreasonable to think that Fitz had done well enough but they were going back to Geno, who was healthy. They had opportunity and they had all the reasons you stated to go with Geno. The staff decided against it at that time. Guess that Geno wasn't the better QB in the coaching staffs eyes then, huh?

What are you talking about? The Jets had a bye in week 5 last year and were 3-1. Geno missed the first four weeks of the season - did you really expect Bowles to hand the keys to Geno after Fitz started 3-1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Word on the street is that Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly loved in the Packers locker room, so I'm not sure that that's a debilitating trait from a QB. Geno is an aloof guy, but he's not Jeff George.

Rogers is a gigantic ahole but can get away with it because he's skating to Canton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these threads are so sad

the jets don't have a legitimate starting QB, and some dudes are all fired up over which back up is better

I really can't work up any kind of feelings for this team anymore

as a jets fan I have had to endure Marino in Miami, Kelly in Buffalo and Bledsoe in New England

we fight back with total ******* garbage

none of what the jets do in a 32 team league will matter until they find a HOF QB

so keep arguing which back up QB makes the better starter, it totally matters

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

when you have a QB that the coaches are too scared to let him pass the ball its a total failure of the coaches and the front office. all of them should be fired .

 

Look the entire game plan was to run the ball first before and with Fitz. Actually Forte like in a previous 100 yard game had about 30 carries so his yards per carry was not outstanding but he had some important carries. When Fitz came in we were trailing and we won the game and he didn't turn it over. And I'll emphasize again he didn't lose the game for the Jets we won the game. I'll take it. You don't have to have an awesome statistical game as a Qb to win a game. He played better than a 20 million a year franchise Qb who did lose the game for his team. That was not an easy team to beat and we licked them. But the Fitz haters show their true colors again. They're haters. We win and they still complain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Straw said:

What are you talking about? The Jets had a bye in week 5 last year and were 3-1. Geno missed the first four weeks of the season - did you really expect Bowles to hand the keys to Geno after Fitz started 3-1?

I meant they were 3-3 when he got hurt against Oakland. Not the bye. Apologies. 

Tom Brady was out the first four weeks this season and Jimmy G had the Pats at 3-1. The Pats went to their #1 QB anyway. If Geno was the #1 QB last season based on camp and the preseason, then why wouldn't he get his job back? He's younger and allegedly better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, flgreen said:

smith's rating was 134 because Q ran the ball 60 yards, on a 68 yard TD.  smith was 4-8, took two sacks.  They didn't let smith throw the ball much the first half either.

In all honesty it looked like the game plan was to tank the game.  Flacco wouldn't let them

Lol

Someone else gets the credit for a good play and Smith gets the blame for 2 dropped passes, without which he'd have a 75% completion rate and more yardage. 

Also it's subtle but if Smith throws to Enunwa's right shoulder, it's not a TD because the DB takes a different angle and would make a bee line for Enunwa's right side, and would clock him.

So absent that, here is no 60 YAC and no TD on that play. And if it went down that way, no one would be talking about the missed opportunity for a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Sheldon and Fitz now, and Cro last year, you just kinda get the feeling that the job is a little too big for Todd Bowles and that he lacks the nerve to really be the leader of the team. This happens in the NBA all the time: the ex-player becomes the HC and can't figure out that they're now the adult in the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I meant they were 3-3 when he got hurt against Oakland. Not the bye. Apologies. 

Tom Brady was out the first four weeks this season and Jimmy G had the Pats at 3-1. The Pats went to their #1 QB anyway. If Geno was the #1 QB last season based on camp and the preseason, then why wouldn't he get his job back? He's younger and allegedly better. 

If you're going to seriously compare Geno Smith and Tom Brady as if they're the same, then I can't continue this conversion. I'm bowing out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I meant they were 3-3 when he got hurt against Oakland. Not the bye. Apologies. 

Tom Brady was out the first four weeks this season and Jimmy G had the Pats at 3-1. The Pats went to their #1 QB anyway. If Geno was the #1 QB last season based on camp and the preseason, then why wouldn't he get his job back? He's younger and allegedly better. 

This is still wrong. The Jets were 4-2 going into the Oakland game last year. It's no wonder that PatsFanTX has mopped the floor with you for the past 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

If you're going to seriously compare Geno Smith and Tom Brady as if they're the same, then I can't continue this conversion. I'm bowing out. 

They're just playing stupid right now. Geno is a bad QB that doesn't have nowhere near the same job security as Brady does in NE. So if another guy steps in and play well why on earth would Bowles go back to Geno? They swear they're making some profound point every time they say why Bowles didn't go back to Geno, or "this tells you everything you need to know about how they feel about him".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"My team likes me" is so terrible. Instead, he should be a sulky douche.

Sour grapes and hypocrisy are good bed fellows.

No crying Me, Me, Me at the podium after a win, and calling out his coaches, front office, and owner is dispicaple, and if Geno ever did this everyone would want him cut 5 minutes later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×