Fitz Playing the Teammates Like Me Card Again

JohnnyLV

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

Where did I ever say Geno was better than Fitz? I said that going into training camp last year that Geno was the #1 QB. This is true. I also said that during training camp, Geno was beating Fitz out. This is true. 

What is inaccurate in my above statement?

Well if Geno is the #1 QB, wouldn't that make him the better QB? Unless you think this coaching staff is guilty of gross incompetence, which is feasible. But that's not your stance. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well if Geno is the #1 QB, wouldn't that make him the better QB? Unless you think this coaching staff is guilty of gross incompetence, which is feasible. But that's not your stance. 

#1 I do think the coaching staff is incompetent

#2 Just because a QB is a #1 on the Jets, doesn't mean they're a franchise QB. Geno sucks, but I think Fitz sucks more.

11 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Where did I ever say Geno was better than Fitz? I said that going into training camp last year that Geno was the #1 QB. This is true. I also said that during training camp, Geno was beating Fitz out. This is true. 

What is inaccurate in my above statement?

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

#1 I do think the coaching staff is incompetent

#2 Just because a QB is a #1 on the Jets, doesn't mean they're a franchise QB. Geno sucks, but I think Fitz sucks more.

Oh. 

45 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

What are you talking about? The Jets had a bye in week 5 last year and were 3-1. Geno missed the first four weeks of the season - did you really expect Bowles to hand the keys to Geno after Fitz started 3-1?

After Geno missed lots of camp and all preseason games and didn't practice for weeeks. 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

http://m.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Postgame-Press-Conference-1023/4ec3244c-a956-476d-bac0-a5e1e4d1eca1

Agree completely, watch the first two minutes of the press conference and you will see he is being self-deprecating, he's talking about the life of a journeyman quarterback and the reason they get benched is because of a loss of confidence by the organization. 

He was not taking any backhanded stabs at anybody, if anything it was shockingly refreshing to hear a quarterback talk like this. 

SAR I

Thanks for the link.

I didn't hear anything controversial come out of his mouth either. Only honesty.  I think he's smart enough to know that he many NEVER be a starter again. Him discussing that players seem to like/respect him means that others have not given up on him. that's an important thing for front office to keep in mind when deciding who to start next week.

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Because he was inactive. Not injured. They don't let injured players practice. He's been practicing. Hackenberg was in street clothes too. He must be injured! Do I have to explain how rosters work to you?

How dumb are you? Do you think he put petty in street clothes if we was 100 percent? 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

How dumb are you? Do you think he put petty in street clothes if we was 100 percent? 

Yes. Literally zero NFL teams dress 3 QBs for a game on Sunday. Zero. No need for personal attacks because you're wrong. It must hurt with you being a professional fan and whatnot. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being Woody Johnson right now: signing checks to the tune of 12 mil to this ****stick and he's directly calling you out in a press conference after scraping out a win in front of a half-empty home stadium in October.

Thank God for gray seats

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

http://m.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Postgame-Press-Conference-1023/4ec3244c-a956-476d-bac0-a5e1e4d1eca1

Agree completely, watch the first two minutes of the press conference and you will see he is being self-deprecating, he's talking about the life of a journeyman quarterback and the reason they get benched is because of a loss of confidence by the organization. 

He was not taking any backhanded stabs at anybody, if anything it was shockingly refreshing to hear a quarterback talk like this. 

SAR I

Thank you for the link.

Proves once again that one should never take the word of this forum about what a player/coach says, and the feels/intents behind the words.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Lol, there was nothing self deprecating in that press conference. He is a complete self serving tool, that threw the coaching staff and ownership under the boss because how dare they bench the most popular (in his mind) QB, after all thats what is important....fuuck him.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, there was nothing self deprecating in that press conference. He is a complete self serving tool, that threw the coaching staff and ownership under the boss because how dare they bench the most popular (in his mind) QB, after all thats what is important....fuuck him.

We will just have to disagree. Fitzpatrick may lack skill but he is extremely professional in his communication and public demeanor.  I don't think he was whining about playing time, just reflecting on life as a journeyman quarterback.

SAR I

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

....fuuck him.

I couldn't ask for a better example of why Jets Fans are so roundly mocked outside New York.

On a day we win a big game at home, keep our season alive one more week, and our backup QB has to play and does well enough to win, the response is:

1. **** him.

2. We're better off losing.  Stupid Jets!

3. 351 threads on how awesome/utter sh*t Geno Smith was in his what, two/three drives pre-injury?

Not enough facepalms on the internet for this level of fail.

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fitz wasn't awful today.......

But he shouldn't kid himself, Gailey called a game so as to not let Fitz embarrass himself out there....

Based on play Geno should play again IMO.....

Geno's QB rating was 134...... Just saying

Gailey called a game he should have been calling all year rather than hiving Fitz sling the football all over the field. But he did it once again pounding Forte a 31 year old RB rather than Powell who is much better suited for that role while Forte could excel in the passing game. If it was mostly Fitz making the decision to throw the ball down field as much as he did it should have been up to the coaches to pull him aside and put a freakin stop to it.

This team was supposed to be built to run the ball and play ball control football and rely on the defense just a little more than the offense. Instead we got the exact opposite and I'm sorry but that's on the coaches not so much the players.

People been saying the D looked faster today Of course they did since stupid Bowles finally simplified the defense and cut down most of the communication breakdowns we witnessed in the first 6 games.

Main thing is you can't turn a QB into something he's not and Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT a gun slinger. This team should have always been a short passing ball control football team. Relying more on Forte catching the ball out of the backfield rather than pounding him 30 + times between the tackles. While we did win the game yesterday and at this point its really a lost cause why pound Forte so much ? Powell was showing a lot of burst up the middle so why not use 2 back sets and make the offense just a bit unpredictable ?

Sorry but this team is poorly coached and its coached wrong on both sides of the ball and while we did win today it was probably due more to the defense finally getting a couple of turnovers than anything else something that certainly changed the momentum of the game.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I couldn't ask for a better example of why Jets Fans are so roundly mocked outside New York.

On a day we win a big game at home, keep our season alive one more week, and our backup QB has to play and does well enough to win, the response is:

1. **** him.

2. We're better off losing.  Stupid Jets!

3. 351 threads on how awesome/utter sh*t Geno Smith was in his what, two/three drives pre-injury?

Not enough facepalms on the internet for this level of fail.

Warfish ...Its why I have Idiots like that on Ignore its a wonderful feature

Archived