Rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets on Sunday

JoJoTownsell1

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Fitz threw six INT's against the Chiefs...that's horrible. I all other games combined, while far from being good overall, he is <1 INT per game. The team stinks overall. Fitz played well against the Pats last season. Petty led one scoring drive last week, then failed to move the team even into field goal range after that. I honestly don't think we win with either under center next week.

Thats not the point imo.  If you are going to lose, lose with the young kids.  At least I have something to be interested in.  I have no interest in watching Fitz the rest of the season.  There is plenty of other interesting football to watch on Sunday.  I'll get my football fix, just won't be with the Jets as long as Fitz is under center.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

While I agree about the passion and the killer instinct not existing in this team; what the Pats did at the end of the SF game isn't that; it is classless, unsportsmanlike, and thuggery IMO. Just like when they had their 17-1 season. They had the Jets beat, but they tried a bomb to Moss so he could embarrass Revis.

I would never want my team to play like that. Now running up the score on a team that did that to you - I would be all over that if we could even do that the to Pats. Hell, I would score, and then try an onside kick. By, hey, I digress.

We'll agree to disagree on this :)  I know it can be seen as classless and sometimes it is petty and spiteful.  But the Pats also win 12+ games a year and they practice situational football every chance they get.  That includes during games where the game is locked up as a win.  They keep going, keep practicing, maybe even show a formation or look that teams haven't seen all year, whether as misdirection for future games or as a means to test out personnel.  They do this sh*t not just to rub it in, everything they do is strategic and implicit.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We'll agree to disagree on this :)  I know it can be seen as classless and sometimes it is petty and spiteful.  But the Pats also win 12+ games a year and they practice situational football every chance they get.  That includes during games where the game is locked up as a win.  They keep going, keep practicing, maybe even show a formation or look that teams haven't seen all year, whether as misdirection for future games or as a means to test out personnel.  They do this sh*t not just to rub it in, everything they do is strategy and implicit.

Yeah; sorry not really buying it. I have heard too many comments from BB about how he isn't supposed to be a good sport; it is up to the team he is playing against to stop him.

While the Pats do do everything it takes to be as perfect as possible, I think they can still be sportsmanlike as well. History is scattered with successful and visionary athletes that don't throw that last punch, such as Ali.

I wouldn't mind a perennial winner. Having the success of the Pats this past decade would be great after all of these years. It would be a nice problem to have...

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Thanksgiving "butt fumble" game where the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets. I am hoping for 45-3 or something to that effect. I hope Fitz throws at least three more picks - one pick six - and gets sacked silly. Every good Pats play is a nail in Blowes coffin. And I am hoping for A LOT OF THOSE.

Only unlike Sanchez, Fitz actually succeeds in embedding his entire head--helmet and face mask too--into Giacomini's anus.   It's so entrenched that an emergency call is put out to the greatest proctological surgeons in the NY Metro Area.

17 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Thats not the point imo.  If you are going to lose, lose with the young kids.  At least I have something to be interested in.  I have no interest in watching Fitz the rest of the season.  There is plenty of other interesting football to watch on Sunday.  I'll get my football fix, just won't be with the Jets as long as Fitz is under center.

Let's face it, Fitz success is/was going to hinge on the rest of the team pulling their weight. Defense, special teams, coaching have been an adjunct failure. Putting Petty out there with a lousy surrounding cast will do little but harm for his development IMO. This team is a mess across the board. Petty against the Pats would be a complete disaster. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

I'm hoping for a repeat of the Thanksgiving "butt fumble" game where the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets. I am hoping for 45-3 or something to that effect. I hope Fitz throws at least three more picks - one pick six - and gets sacked silly. Every good Pats play is a nail in Blowes coffin. And I am hoping for A LOT OF THOSE.

You won't have to hope too much. An epic beatdown is already foregone conclusion.

1 minute ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Let's face it, Fitz success is/was going to hinge on the rest of the team pulling their weight. Defense, special teams, coaching have been an adjunct failure. Putting Petty out there with a lousy surrounding cast will do little but harm for his development IMO. This team is a mess across the board. Petty against the Pats would be a complete disaster. 

I'm just not one of the guys that buy the "this will hurt his development".  If he can't handle the NFL mentally, he can't handle it, doesn't matter when he plays or how bad the team is that he plays on.  I get it with the 1st year, but 2nd year and beyond its crap imo.   What putting him in against the Pats can do for him, is give him valuable real world experience against one of the best defensive schemers at the pro level.  It will also give him a full 60 minutes of film on himself to break down what he did wrong and associate it back to his real world experience from the game.  It allows him to demonstrate his leadership qualities and get the team behind him and play for him whether they win or lose. We have a ton of young guys hungry to go out there and prove themselves, this is the time to have them build these bonds together.  Playing Fitz does none of this.

For the record, I think Petty is mentally tough and can take losing a few games, maybe even losing some games badly.  I don't think he is made up of the soft sh*t that Cutler for example is made of.  What the kid needs is a vote of confidence and the support around him from the whole organization to say, hey we believe in you, we don't need you to play perfect, go out there and play smart and have fun.  Pretty much we need an organization like the Giants and how they handled Eli when he came in the league.  (not saying Petty would be Eli or even warrants that type of commitment but just look at how Eli played and the Fans treated him the first 2-3 years.  The organization never planted a seed of doubt in his head though and firmly stood by his side.  I just want to see us do that with at least one of these guys.

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Only unlike Sanchez, Fitz actually succeeds in embedding his entire head--helmet and face mask too--into Giacomini's anus.   It's so entrenched that an emergency call is put out to the greatest proctological surgeons in the NY Metro Area.

haha thank you .  I needed a good laugh at this point!

I'd prefer not giving that satisfaction to the Patriots, and their fans. At this point, I feel like nobody in football hates the Jets more than the coach and roster itself though... so, I guess I'm saying, I don't give a **** what happens.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd prefer not giving that satisfaction to the Patriots, and their fans. At this point, I feel like nobody in football hates the Jets more than the coach and roster itself though... so, I guess I'm saying, I don't give a **** what happens.

What Bowles has hung up over the locker room.

32 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What Bowles and Woody need to see is their stadium empty of us Jet fans.  Not a one in the seats.  Let the Pats have 'em all.  

Actually, Woody makes his money regardless of who is sitting in the seats. People cancelling their season-tickets or a completely empty stadium is really what will give him a wake up call. My guess is that Woody knows full-well how unhappy that fans are; if he is involved in picking the staring QB, he is pushing to see more wins...

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

No way in hell I'll ever root for the Pats to beat the Jets.

This; and

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Just because I don't think they'll win doesn't mean I'll be rooting for them to lose.

I hope they knock Brady all over the place and get a win.

This!!!

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Just because I don't think they'll win doesn't mean I'll be rooting for them to lose.

I hope they knock Brady all over the place and get a win.

What else are you going to say.  You were pining for Fitz all offseason.  Are you not entertained?

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I hope they get destroyed because they deserve it.  If Petty was playing I'd be cheering louder than anyone..  But the way Bowles keeps forcing this career loser, overrated, overpaid hack into the lineup is more insulting than anything I've ever seen in 30 years following the team.

It's too stupid to even describe.  

I want the Jets to lose this, and every subsequent game this season, by 60 points because that would ensure that we get Bowles, Fitz, and Kacy Rodgers as far away from this team as possible.

And people complained about Rex and Sanchez..  my god.

Fans don't want to the jets to lose when they could get a Francoise QB in a draft because you have to try and win always and I feel good beating miami in the 16th game of year.

Fans want the team to lose and get crushed by a hated rival because they don't like the present QB.

Makes perfect sense in jet land.

boo to anyone who wants the pats to win.  it doesn't prove anything to them if they do.  they deserve to knocked down more than a peg just because they are cheaters. the jets need to show some heart and play the way they are capable.

if they have another buttfumble game then maybe bowles will be shown the door.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Fans don't want to the jets to lose when they could get a Francoise QB in a draft because you have to try and win always and I feel good beating miami in the 16th game of year.

Fans want the team to lose and get crushed by a hated rival because they don't like the present QB.

Makes perfect sense in jet land.

No fukkin' way.  I will under no circumstance support a French QB.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

boo to anyone who wants the pats to win.  it doesn't prove anything to them if they do.  they deserve to knocked down more than a peg just because they are cheaters. the jets need to show some heart and play the way they are capable.

if they have another buttfumble game then maybe bowles will be shown the door.

Pretty sure it's more about the Jets losing instead of the Pats winning.  

Archived