Any chance we'll break the second round curse?

Freemanm

In 1979, the Jets drafted Mark Gastineau in the 2nd round.

In 1989, the Jets drafted Dennis Byrd in the 2nd round. 

In 1999, the Jets drafted Randy Thomas in the 2nd round.

In 2009, the Jets didn't have a 2nd round pick. 

2019 is our year for a good 2nd round pick.

Only if they draft an ACTUAL football player.  Like Harris.  And not another raw, athletic, shot in the dark project... ala Stephen Hill, Ducasse, Devin Smith, Hackenberg... etc.

Or they could let me make the selection.   I will take the right guy.

Here's the thing though: with the exception of Hackenburg, Macc actually had a good draft last year. Lee is coming along, Brandon Shell can be a starter next year, and I thought Burris was a steal at 4, in fact, I think he'll make a very good #2 CB. Jenkins also showed some promise. Now if only he can find a good young QB...

so far mac has drafted devon smith and hack.  devon smith hasn't become a bust yet.  he just can't seem to get on the field and he hasn't has the benefit of playing with a qb who can really throw the ball.  maybe this season we'll see.  hack??? he's not the first 2nd round qb who didn't play a game his first season and he won't be the last. no telling how good he is or will be.

On 1/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, Freemanm said:

Here's the thing though: with the exception of Hackenburg, Macc actually had a good draft last year. Lee is coming along, Brandon Shell can be a starter next year, and I thought Burris was a steal at 4, in fact, I think he'll make a very good #2 CB. Jenkins also showed some promise. Now if only he can find a good young QB...

I like Burris.  Tough guy.  He just has to realize he is not as fast as he thinks he is.

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

so far mac has drafted devon smith and hack.  devon smith hasn't become a bust yet.  he just can't seem to get on the field and he hasn't has the benefit of playing with a qb who can really throw the ball.  maybe this season we'll see.  hack??? he's not the first 2nd round qb who didn't play a game his first season and he won't be the last. no telling how good he is or will be.

Both are awful busts, I'll save you the time and enthusiasm points you will be spending.

3 hours ago, jack48 said:

I like Burris.  Tough guy.  He just has to realize he is not as fast as he thinks he is.

none of the jet secondary is as fast as they think they are.  that's one of their main problems.  they think they can make up ground when they need to understand how to maintain position and take better angles to the ball.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:55 PM, Freemanm said:

OT Roddy Johson, I've heard, is a strong prospect to help shore up the struggling O-line. Cordrea Tankersley (CB) I also read is a good prospect. Any thoughts?

Our last good pick in the second round was David Harris in, I believe, 2007

Roderick Johnson isn't that good, he's just big. I think he'll eventually end up at RT. Tankersley is very good in press man coverage, so I'd definitely like him.

Takkarist McKinley would be a very good pick if we don't go pass rusher in the 1st

On 1/11/2017 at 10:22 PM, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Just to change the karma the jets should pick whoever the best guy on mel kipers board is when they are on the clock in round 2.  Don't even think about it, just run up there with the pick.

Kiper changes his picks based on who was just picked. He loves everyone and had them next on his top100 list. JetNation collectively can do a better job at draft analysis then Kiper.

Besides Leo falling in his lap, Macc hasn't done jacksh*t in drafts, drafting a bunch of raw talent that we know will never materialize under Bowles. A blind squirrel can find a nut every now n then so you never know how this former exec of the year (lol, more like $50 mil cap space exec of the year) will do. 

Archived