Joe Mixon

varjet

42 minutes ago, the Claw said:

You honestly think every gal on every campus knows who every football player is? What planet are you from?

It's possible, but I find it hard to believe.

Especially at a place like Oklahoma, where the football program is huge. All these guys get treated like celebs on the campus.

Let me put it like this. I have an older friend who went to college at Florida. He went there at the same time as NBA player Joakim Noah. He told me once bumped into him at the campus. Mind you, he knows jack squat about basketball. And he still knew exactly who Noah is.

Alot of these college girls are groupies, who seek out college players. So it's hard to believe they don't know these athletes. The girl who lied about Jameis Winston raping her tried to claim she didn't know who he was, and then it came out of course that was a lie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially at a place like Oklahoma, where the football program is huge. All these guys get treated like celebs on the campus.
Let me put it like this. I have an older friend who went to college at Florida. He went there at the same time as NBA player Joakim Noah. He told me once bumped into him at the campus. Mind you, he knows jack squat about basketball. And he still knew exactly who Noah is.
Alot of these college girls are groupies, who seek out college players. So it's hard to believe they don't know these athletes. The girl who lied about Jameis Winston raping her tried to claim she didn't know who he was, and then it came out of course that was a lie

Dude, c'mon.

3 hours ago, King P said:

Joakim Noah is almost 7 feet tall, has distinctive long hair and doesn't where a helmet and pads hiding what he looks like.

13 hours ago, King P said:

From what I understand, Mixon went over there because a gay man had called him a racial slur. He proceeded to call him a slur regarding his sexuality, which is when the woman attacked him.

Like i said when theres smoke theres fire. 

When was the last time you got into a situation where u were such a dickhead that you were called out by a stranger using the ultimate fighting words.... And then went after that person..... Using unnecessary language to provoke a chick to attack you... And then k ocking her out? 

Me? Well... To be truthful, NEVER! Im not a ghetto thug. I was raised by humans, not animals. 

Its low class and its inbred. Hes trouble. PaSS

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Like i said when theres smoke theres fire. 

When was the last time you got into a situation where u were such a dickhead that you were called out by a stranger using the ultimate fighting words.... And then went after that person..... Using unnecessary language to provoke a chick to attack you... And then k ocking her out? 

Me? Well... To be truthful, NEVER! Im not a ghetto thug. I was raised by humans, not animals. 

Its low class and its inbred. Hes trouble. PaSS

Wow , this went from a kid to his parents and his family tree .

Jet fans calling people "low class " .

And here I thought Vampirism was a myth .

My thoughts on this subject, and like any other incident like this, is that when the courts are not putting these scums behind bars, the only people to blame are the courts. It's not up to the NFL to be the judges of criminal actions, as much as the fans/twitter want them to be. The court system is not about to end the special treatment for famous people that has gone on forever. So be it, unless they're a constant distraction. If he can play, and stay out of trouble/negative media coverage, draft him if he's available later on. The kid is unbelievable and may end up being the best RB in this draft.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:08 AM, Lil Woody said:

I'm sorry that you let my words effect you so harshly. I didn't realize how fragile you were.

We gave you a lot of rope with your original thread, which was complete garbage.

Thanks for signing up here, you seem passionate about Jets football which is good. Stick to football though. We don't need religious references here in any way or any of this back and forth bickering. Some people are trying to give you feedback. You can ignore it. And nobody told you to apologize for anything. But there is no reason for this stuff. Just stick to football, thanks.

With all due respect here,.....I'm absolutely fine with "sticking to football".  But when there are other posts about domestic violence and football, which football teams a FBI director likes/hates, which former football player has ALS, and which female coaches are relevant in hockey, etc, etc, etc....one post that was made regarding a football players heritage and how it affects the people who share that heritage in our own football fanbase is the one that gets the hand wringing as something that was so far off topic that it has no place here. You don't like the thread, evidently, which is fine. Not everyone likes my views. But chastising me on posting religious topics when there was no mention of the practice of religion or discussion on any doctrine seems a bit presumptuous.  I get the fact that it became incindiary based on other people's interpreting it as an offensive post and that you guys felt it needed to be stopped for the sake of the board. Hey man, you do what you gotta do. No worries there. And to your point, of course, I will not be discussing any religion or politics on this board.

Finally....and this is the part that actually got me to respond....Are you also suggesting that I should just take other's "feedback" as constructive criticism when it's really just a series of attacks? Different posters reacted differently. Anyone who speaks to me respectfully will always get the same in return. People that attack get the same in return, which seems to be par for the course here. I'd invite you to go and review the threads. If you can show me where I am instigating any personal attacks, please do so and I'll gladly give a mea culpa. FWIW I really don't care about being attacked, it is all funny stuff, but I'm just suggesting that if you are going to call me out publicly and put me on some sort of warning here for bickering, that you should also understand the whole picture. I'm also available in Private Messager if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to continue this there if you need to.

1 hour ago, Lil Woody said:

With all due respect here,.....I'm absolutely fine with "sticking to football".  But when there are other posts about domestic violence and football, which football teams a FBI director likes/hates, which former football player has ALS, and which female coaches are relevant in hockey, etc, etc, etc....one post that was made regarding a football players heritage and how it affects the people who share that heritage in our own football fanbase is the one that gets the hand wringing as something that was so far off topic that it has no place here. You don't like the thread, evidently, which is fine. Not everyone likes my views. But chastising me on posting religious topics when there was no mention of the practice of religion or discussion on any doctrine seems a bit presumptuous.  I get the fact that it became incindiary based on other people's interpreting it as an offensive post and that you guys felt it needed to be stopped for the sake of the board. Hey man, you do what you gotta do. No worries there. And to your point, of course, I will not be discussing any religion or politics on this board.

Finally....and this is the part that actually got me to respond....Are you also suggesting that I should just take other's "feedback" as constructive criticism when it's really just a series of attacks? Different posters reacted differently. Anyone who speaks to me respectfully will always get the same in return. People that attack get the same in return, which seems to be par for the course here. I'd invite you to go and review the threads. If you can show me where I am instigating any personal attacks, please do so and I'll gladly give a mea culpa. FWIW I really don't care about being attacked, it is all funny stuff, but I'm just suggesting that if you are going to call me out publicly and put me on some sort of warning here for bickering, that you should also understand the whole picture. I'm also available in Private Messager if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to continue this there if you need to.

I typed out like a short response just clarifying that we don't 1) Allow political \ religious posts and 2) That nobody that runs the site asks you to apologize for anything. And I thanked you for signing up, not sure how I called you out. But I think we are good here, you mentioned that you won't be posting about politics\religion and your football posts have been excellent. So we should be all set, thanks again for signing up.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I typed out like a short response just clarifying that we don't 1) Allow political \ religious posts and 2) That nobody that runs the site asks you to apologize for anything. And I thanked you for signing up, not sure how I called you out. But I think we are good here, you mentioned that you won't be posting about politics\religion and your football posts have been excellent. So we should be all set, thanks again for signing up.

If Tom Shane was voted most likely to go to hell would that violate the political/religious rule???:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

If Tom Shane was voted most likely to go to hell would that violate the political/religious rule???:ph34r:

No that would be stating an obvious fact. We make exceptions for provable fact based stuff like that lol.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:49 PM, King P said:

I personally wouldn't have knocked her out, or at least not tried to. I will give a woman a warning to back off. If they continue, I will be forced to defend myself. But I'm sure even that would be a problem.

Let me give you a personal story, happened yesterday...

So I was getting off the Subway platform, headed to work. I'm on the other side walking kind of fast as usual, when another train had pulled up. As I'm walking, I see out of the cornerback of my eye a lady running full speed towards me (trying to get to the train). She's definitely going to run into me, no way to avoid it. So as she was coming in, I caught her (looked like a side hug) to stop her and a full on collision and let her go afterwards. As I'm letting go she's like "get off me" and swings at me. I dodged it and step away and looked at her like wtf! She stares me down before getting on the train.

I felt I handled the situation correctly. But people I told the story to all had some issues with what I did. Asking why I held her and how I could have been accused of touching her inappropriately (which is bullcrap). Some suggested I should have used some force, but then I know that would have been a problem. But most people basically came to the conclusion that I should have just let her run into me. Like really? You're just gonna let somebody run into you like that? Yeah I don't think so, I don't care who you are.

But like I said, when it comes to women society just wants you to let theme have their way and do whatever they want.

Well 1 common sense would tell you that you never use force.... 2. I would say you shoulda side stepped it as best you can and let her have eaten sh*t, because your friends are right, she could have accused you of some sh*t - which is wrong but this day and age, many women overreact. Now with all that being said, you can't compare that to this. This dude full on ray rice'd the b1tch. He will be lucky if he doesn't fall to the 4th-5th round. If he hadn't have done that, I say he's easily a late 1st - early 2nd rounder on skills alone. I don't want someone like that on my team that i root for. It's that simple... he was old enough to do know it was wrong. Immature? Yes of course... but old enough to know that you don't do that. She was tiny, he could have wrapped her up, pushed her away, he could have walked away in the first place (which he should have done). What he did was absolutely the worst case scenario type of thing he could have done. I have no mercy for those types of people. People who get caught doin roids get more mercy from me than scumbags like that. 

On 3/24/2017 at 10:29 PM, King P said:

At the time of the incident Mixon hadn't even played a down of football from what I'm hearing - I think that bullsh*t excuse/theory goes out the window. 

32 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

At the time of the incident Mixon hadn't even played a down of football from what I'm hearing - I think that bullsh*t excuse/theory goes out the window. 

Agree 100%

He was also a boy at the time, I think he deserves a chance to prove he has become a man, and is not the same boy he was 3 years ago when that incident happened.

I'd love to hear the Jets meet with him, and Mac's wife is apart of the interview process to see if this kid has grown up, would be a great story to hear that a GM's wife who is active against these acts of violence was a part of the vetting of a guy like Mixon to see where his head is, and was at.

I completely understand some who don't care, and don't want to give him another chance, I just know there are a large handful of guys who are a much bigger scumbag then this, but we just don't know about it, or because there is no video proof of his scumbaggery, ala Dez Bryant to name one example.

Its not 1930 anymore.  Violence is violence.  
Now if you want to talked about provoked/unprovoked, big difference.  
In my mind the minute she struck him in the face/neck area, all bets are off.  
Hes reaction was terrible but u cant go around hitting people and not expect someone to hit back.  Male or female.
Both idiots imo.

What I saw looked more like a shove than a slap, and two open hands to the chest/neck area are not going to generate a lot of force coming from a woman he that small. Mixon's story just sounds like he's trying to justify it, an excuse for supposedly losing his cool, not knowing what he was doing. But he knew what he was doing. He had barely followed through and he straightened up and calmly but quickly walked out the door. That's a guy who's been in situations like that before, I'm sure of it. Not saying he's hit women before, but been in an altercation or other situation where he was doing something he knew was wrong, and walked away calm and composed.

so people want to get rid Richardson because he smokes pot and was late to a meeting but want to sign Mixon, a woman beater? Really?

Issue with Richardson was related to driving (160?) while high with a child in the car. I doubt many, if any, care that a player smokes, except inasmuch as it could cost him time on the field.

Just now, isired said:
7 minutes ago, markdean61 said:
mixon wont even be available , he will be gone 2nd round early at latest, mixon is better off going to small market where media doesnt care about someone with abuse history.

Maybe even late first.

someone is going to take a chance on mixon, i agree mid or late first round, some small market team will not care cause of the market they are in .

23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Agree 100%

He was also a boy at the time, I think he deserves a chance to prove he has become a man, and is not the same boy he was 3 years ago when that incident happened.

I'd love to hear the Jets meet with him, and Mac's wife is apart of the interview process to see if this kid has grown up, would be a great story to hear that a GM's wife who is active against these acts of violence was a part of the vetting of a guy like Mixon to see where his head is, and was at.

I completely understand some who don't care, and don't want to give him another chance, I just know there are a large handful of guys who are a much bigger scumbag then this, but we just don't know about it, or because there is no video proof of his scumbaggery, ala Dez Bryant to name one example.

To me a "boy" is 10-14 yrs old .... he was well over that - he has enough time on this earth to know that knocking a chick clean out was a big time NO-NO... to me he had that thug mentality... Now having a tough mentality is fine for the game of football... but it aint the same thing (added that just in case you wanted to go there). Everyone is brought up a certain way... maybe it was an out of character moment - but him doing what i call the flex punch (pretending to punch but holding back) before he actually hit her - should show, the thought process was there... wasn't like he just reacted... he knew exactly where the situation was going, he chose to stay there, he chose not to walk away, he chose to not try to grab her and restrain her... he chose to punch her like he was punching a grown man.... so you want me to feel bad for a guy like that? 

You wanna talk about bigger scumbags? Okay we can do that too... Ray Rice, Pacman Jones (HUGE SCUMBAG), Greg Hardy, Dez Bryant is up there too - wouldn't want him on our team (yes seriously),  and last but not least Terrell Suggs who once threatened to drown his baby's mom in bleach while beating the crap out of her. 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

@nfldraftbites

There's growing sentiment that Joe Mixon is cleaner character wise than Dalvin Cook. Situation seen by many as issolated incident on Mixon.

If true he won't get out of the 1st round, but you know you can't believe everything reported this time of year.

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

@nfldraftbites

There's growing sentiment that Joe Mixon is cleaner character wise than Dalvin Cook. Situation seen by many as issolated incident on Mixon.

Seen as an isolated incident?  @nfldraftbites, then why was he suspended in November? 

On 3/24/2017 at 0:06 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Not 18 anymore.  I guess we can say "He was only 20 years old"  I mean how many of us haven't started to run over a parking attendant with our car in our younger days?

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seen as an isolated incident?  @nfldraftbites, then why was he suspended in November? 

Not 18 anymore.  I guess we can say "He was only 20 years old"  I mean how many of us haven't started to run over a parking attendant with our car in our younger days?

Lol oh no he ripped up a parking ticket ..guy is such Terror . You guys keep positing this article like nobody knows about it .. 

14 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol oh no he ripped up a parking ticket ..guy is such Terror . You guys keep positing this article like nobody knows about it .. 

Totally fair.  Sorry to be repetitive.  Thing is, he was suspended.  Do you think it was a minor incident and Stoops was just too hard on the kid?  Maybe cause he was busted on for being soft on this stuff in the past?  Could be.  Same kind of thing with Cook.  He had a bunch of issues - firearms, animal cruelty, supposedly punching a woman.  Looked at individually maybe not a big deal - was acquitted for the punch in 25 minutes, animal cruelty was for the way his dogs were chained and the "firearms charge" was apparently related to property damage from a bb gun. When you see them together it can spell trouble.  They are football players, not youth counselors, so there is a level of anti-social violence to be expected.  My (over-made) point was that punching that girl wasn't the only time he'd had an issue.

Archived