Bowles Presser at Owner's Meeting

C Mart

25 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Did anyone catch at the end of the presser, one of the reporters asked a question about the Yankees and then started ribbing Bowles on his answer. Bowles suggested the reporter was a Red Sox fan but was corrected that the reporter was a Mets fan. Bowles said, "It's okay to be the little sister". I wonder if the irony was lost on him? 

The Mets are and will always be the little sister to the Yankees .  The little sister has grown up thou and the Boys have noticed and so have big sister .

Fans make too much about everything depending on how they feel about a situation . Believe it or not, the jets are the Little sister too the Giants in the tri-state are and always will be . Doesn't bother this Jet fan, because while  I don't like em, I can respect what they have accomplished . 

By the Way, While I'm a Jet fan, I'm also a Yankee fan .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini 

Bowles: "There is a scenario" where the #Jets could take a QB at 6. Asked which one he likes best, he said, "Roger Staubach."

Bowles says Claiborne has "history of fluke injuries ... We think we got a good one if he can stay healthy. That remains to be seen."

Bowles is Don Rickles compared to Mac I can tell you that...

And in some ways that is scary.... :) 

29 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

To be fair, this happened after the interviews ended, it was kind of like a "hot mic" situation where he was just messing around with the reporter. I just thought the irony was way too strong not to post it here. 

Thank you..

Jets fans are Nuts, in the main, who the heck cares who Bowles likes in baseball??

I don'y care if he has the Boston's logo tatooed on his butt if he were to take us to a SB and win it!!

And I'm a Mets fan who grew up with Yankee fans....

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

He seriously said that?  What an idiot. Besides the obvious Jets playing little Sister to the Giants, does he realize half his fan base are Mets fans?  What a complete moron.  

Go Mets!  Terry Collins > Todd Bowles -  all day every day.

**** Todd Bowles. 

What an overreaction.  Must have something to do with your being a Mets fan, but I doubt all Mets fans would react similarly.

Bowles was talking to a reporter who BROUGHT UP the Yankees, and was a Mets fan.  So what was so bad about his teasing response?

It's not a good thing to have thin skin.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

If we trot McCown out as starter I will be pissed. We need to evaluate the young QB's we have and make a decision on them (this is assuming that we do not draft a QB this year). McCown should not see the field at all unless we have a catastrophic injury riddled season and he is forced to play. 

If we go into the season as is, we need to let Petty and Hack play and get a true on the field evaluation.

If we draft a QB then let the rookie and Petty and Hack battle it out and cut the loser before the season begins.

Completely agree.  McCown shouldn't take one snap as a starter for the Jets in 2017 unless both Petty and Hackenberg get injured, or as you said, they draft a QB at #6 and need a few games to get him "ready."

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Dan Leberfeld‏ @jetswhispers

"What doesn't get out to y'all?" - Todd Bowles chuckling when asked about locker room issues getting out to the media.

"y'all"  

He's from Elizabeth NJ and says "y'all".   Does he also say Howdy pardner?

I am not sure why people magically believe that a QB drafted today, even in the first round, will automatically be superior to Petty or Hack.  There is no proof that this would be the case and is empirically false.

Don't believe me?

Just go and ask JaMarcus Russell!

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am not sure why people magically believe that a QB drafted today, even in the first round, will automatically be superior to Petty or Hack.  There is no proof that this would be the case and is empirically false.

Don't believe me?

Just go and ask JaMarcus Russell!

Stevie Wonder could have told you he was terrible . Just because a guy can throw a football a mile, doesn't mean he can play QB .

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He seriously said that?  What an idiot. Besides the obvious Jets playing little Sister to the Giants, does he realize half his fan base are Mets fans?  What a complete moron.  

Go Mets!  Terry Collins > Todd Bowles -  all day every day.

**** Todd Bowles. 

Why should he care?

The Mets are and will always be the little sister to the Yankees .  The little sister has grown up thou and the Boys have noticed and so have big sister .
Fans make too much about everything depending on how they feel about a situation . Believe it or not, the jets are the Little sister too the Giants in the tri-state are and always will be . Doesn't bother this Jet fan, because while  I don't like em, I can respect what they have accomplished . 

I agree 100%. I'm also a Jets/Yankees supporter. I just thought it was funny for a coach to bring up that same mentality, especially when he coaches for a "little sister" team in the same city. Hence the irony comment

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI

What would Todd Bowles think if Darrelle Revis joined the #Patriots? "That'd be great for him. I'm a big Revis fan."

Bowles: "There is a scenario" where Jets could draft a QB at No. 6

Bowles won't say #Jets are "done" addressing the QB position, but he's comfortable with keeping Josh McCown as only veteran

This one quote is the news. Screw everything else--it's just static. He's basically saying they're going to take Trubisky if he's on the board.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

And this matters why exactly?

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ralph Vacchiano‏ @RVacchianoSNY 

Can Geno Smith still be a starting QB in the NFL? Said Jets coach Todd Bowles: "He can throw the ball."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

What an overreaction.  Must have something to do with your being a Mets fan, but I doubt all Mets fans would react similarly.

Bowles was talking to a reporter who BROUGHT UP the Yankees, and was a Mets fan.  So what was so bad about his teasing response?

It's not a good thing to have thin skin.

It was a joke, you boob.

Francesa railing on Bowles, completely forgetting that he wanted the Jets to hire Bowles in the first place.

Just would either like Francesa to back up his original statement or say "I was wrong about Bowles." You don't get to change your outlook to go along with the narrative.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Francesa railing on Bowles, completely forgetting that he wanted the Jets to hire Bowles in the first place.

Just would either like Francesa to back up his original statement or say "I was wrong about Bowles." You don't get to change your outlook to go along with the narrative.

First problem, listening to a word this idiot says

Just now, HessStation said:

No.

So anyway, Fatso is on point about drafting a QB at 6 too. 

I don't think they're drafting a QB at 6. That's just smoke to me.

If he can say " I wanted Bowles to go to the Jets. I was wrong about him," then I will be fine with it. Other than that, he's a hypocrite

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think they're drafting a QB at 6. That's just smoke to me.

If he can say " I wanted Bowles to go to the Jets. I was wrong about him," then I will be fine with it. Other than that, he's a hypocrite

He's just some lucky fat slob that gets to talk sports for a career, but he's winning today 

Archived