Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike135

Ads for Giants, Jets Insider, Dolphins...

28 posts in this topic

Anyone else noticing new ads over the past week or so?

This is a screenshot of my S7.

Screenshot_20170709-081728.png

6 bars up top and 2 additional blue bars below.

The ads circulate and promote things like: Giants, Dolphins, Jets Insider, and other things.

Is this permanent or some temporary testing of a new ad network?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Anyone else noticing new ads over the past week or so?

This is a screenshot of my S7.

Screenshot_20170709-081728.png

6 bars up top and 2 additional blue bars below.

The ads circulate and promote things like: Giants, Dolphins, Jets Insider, and other things.

Is this permanent or some temporary testing of a new ad network?

getting these same annoying ads on my phone (Samsung) when visiting JN, but not on my laptop.  Really annoying!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Max!

These ads are really fking annoying on my android smartphone. Get rid of them. I'm far less inclined to visit here on my phone because of it. No such problem on my laptop.

p.s. Why in the world are we seeing ads for JetsInsider here of all places?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hey Max!

These ads are really fking annoying on my android smartphone. Get rid of them. I'm far less inclined to visit here on my phone because of it. No such problem on my laptop.

p.s. Why in the world are we seeing ads for JetsInsider here of all places?

@Maxman

Edited by AFJF
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep... I get them on iPhone with current iOS 

At first I thought I was not logged in as member.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Maxman

Just an idea, but...

I don't know how much the ad networks end up giving you.  But if we're talking something like $15- $25 a year per user when ya break it down, I'd be cool with paying that amount to not have the ads.

Those that don't pay, see ads.

Those that do pay, don't see ads.

Regardless, the most recent changes aren't bad.  The 6 bars went below the thread list, and the bottom blue ads aren't that bad.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike135 said:

Just an idea, but...

I don't know how much the ad networks end up giving you.  But if we're talking something like $15- $25 a year per user when ya break it down, I'd be cool with paying that amount to not have the ads.

Those that don't pay, see ads.

Those that do pay, don't see ads.

Regardless, the most recent changes aren't bad.  The 6 bars went below the thread list, and the bottom blue ads aren't that bad.

Thanks. I took the sidebar ad off until I can put in a mobile friendly version that is less obtrusive.

The blue bottom ads I have to look at, I thought there were gone twice. They honestly aren't even paying anything so they just need to go if they are still showing up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Let's just bottom line this, because I don't like being talked to that way.  

1. The site costs $700 a month to run this year after all of the increases that we received.

2. We had an ad deal with FOX Sports that lasted all of two months, I worked really hard on getting everything tweaked to a level that everyone was happy with. And that meant I took a lot less money as a result.

3. Because the ad network is having financial trouble they ended the ad deal last week. So I am working hard trying to find a new solution. Paying the $700 per month out of my pocket isn't really my first choice.

4. There is a thread in the feedback forum where it is clear that I am working on this and trying to get it right.

I thought this was taken care of. Believe me when I say I take the user experience very seriously. I turned down a 6-figure deal from Scout because they were going to ruin the user experience. 

My point is I don't treat people in a rude manner here, so I appreciate the same in return. I will take a look at this again tonight, like I said I thought this issue was taken care of already. But there is absolutely no reason to curse at me.

I will get this fixed.

Didn't intend to be rude. My apologies. Im just frustrated by this for the reason cited below. I get the financial side of it. I really do.  But their placement of the ads ensures that when you tap near the bottom of the post to respond or give rep or whatever, you're almost bound to touch the ad which directs you to another window. Sorry, but that's just diabolical of them and frankly, unacceptable to me.  That frustration was enhanced by the fact that none of the mods nor you responded to Mike's original post Sunday morning.

Look,  if the ads are here to stay, and their placement continues to interfere with reading the forums, as they do currently on Android, I just won't visit on my cell any more.  How about an ad-free option for a modest yearly fee?  Far preferable to this problem IMO.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm personally a big fan of the idea that Sooth is paying Max to run ads here. Big big fan. 

That wonderful irony aside, I really don't care what the ads are for. Just want that they don't interfere with reading and responding to posts on my phone.

Say what you will about JI, the one thing they had right was an option to pay a small yearly fee so that your account was completely ad-free. That worked for me. I'd  gladly do so again here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use my I phone all the time and haven't had an issue with adds since the re-direct one that wanted to give me stuff. I always picked wrong one and never got anything. I do get adds for coconut water all the time but Im cool with that because at least they dont call it coconut milk. Like almond milk. Coconuts and Almonds dont have nipples! Can't be milk without nipples. Crazyness. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

I use my I phone all the time and haven't had an issue with adds since the re-direct one that wanted to give me stuff. I always picked wrong one and never got anything. I do get adds for coconut water all the time but Im cool with that because at least they dont call it coconut milk. Like almond milk. Coconuts and Almonds dont have nipples! Can't be milk without nipples. Crazyness. 

Then the ad for JI makes sense. I'm pretty sure Sooth has nipples.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Then the ad for JI makes sense. I'm pretty sure Sooth has nipples.

Yeah but I thinks it $45 and half dozen pancakes to see them. Too rich for my blood.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but I thinks it $45 and half dozen pancakes to see them. Too rich for my blood.

Never said I was willing to see them. Yuck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Didn't intend to be rude. My apologies. Im just frustrated by this for the reason cited below. I get the financial side of it. I teally do.  But their placement of the ads ensures that when you tap near the bottom of the post to respond or give rep or whatever, you're almost bound to touch the ad which directs you to another window. Sorry, but that's just diabolical of them and frankly, unacceptable to me.  That frustration was enhanced by the fact that none of the mods nor you responded to Mike's original post Sunday morning.

Look,  if the ads are here to stay, and their placement continues to interfere with reading the firums, as they do currently on Android, I just won't visit on my cell any more. 

dont blame max for your fat ******* fingers. @The Crusher runs a support group for people with sausage fingers, I think you should start there :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

dont blame max for your fat ******* fingers. @The Crusher runs a support group for people with sausage fingers, I think you should start there :)

How do you know I'm  not an amputee? Anyway, These ads shouldn't be anywhere near where one taps to respond to a post. Fat fingers or not. That's intentional and, as I said earlier, fking annoying. I'm not cursing at Max or  at you, but I am at the ads and where they are placed. They deserve every cuss word imaginable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How do you know I'm  not an amputee? Anyway, These ads shouldn't be anywhere near where one taps to respond to a post. Fat fingers or not. That's intentional and, as I said earlier, fking annoying. I'm not cursing at Max or  at you, but I am at the ads and where they are placed. They deserve every cuss word imaginable.

easy there sausage fingers, next thing you know you will be asking for a special parking spot.  I heard there is an app that understands voice to text even with a mouth full of cheetos. Maybe you should look into that ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes. There really is nothing like people taking time out of their busy day to bitch and moan about the intricacies of things they don't have to pay for.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's just bottom line this, because I don't like being talked to that way.  

1. The site costs $700 a month to run this year after all of the increases that we received.

2. We had an ad deal with FOX Sports that lasted all of two months, I worked really hard on getting everything tweaked to a level that everyone was happy with. And that meant I took a lot less money as a result.

3. Because the ad network is having financial trouble they ended the ad deal last week. So I am working hard trying to find a new solution. Paying the $700 per month out of my pocket isn't really my first choice.

4. There is a thread in the feedback forum where it is clear that I am working on this and trying to get it right.

I thought this was taken care of. Believe me when I say I take the user experience very seriously. I turned down a 6-figure deal from Scout because they were going to ruin the user experience. 

My point is I don't treat people in a rude manner here, so I appreciate the same in return. I will take a look at this again tonight, like I said I thought this issue was taken care of already. But there is absolutely no reason to curse at me.

I will get this fixed.

By any chance have you looked into the hotel and sports bar across the street from Camp? Summit Medical Group has a new facility  on the same piece of property as 8a3cfff9d1fc4cbeadada0f27106e8ca_zpsd16c4736.jpg. Hotel may not be very busy during camp, and most people don't live right here. SMG is basically a branch of Overlook H with MMH under the Atlantic umbrella. Idk.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

dont blame max for your fat ******* fingers. @The Crusher runs a support group for people with sausage fingers, I think you should start there :)

Yes. Just pm me or visit our website. Www. Porkydigits. Gov

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah yes. There really is nothing like people taking time out of their busy day to bitch and moan about the intricacies of things they don't have to pay for.

So it's better to pay for it? Tips too? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's just bottom line this, because I don't like being talked to that way.  

1. The site costs $700 a month to run this year after all of the increases that we received.

2. We had an ad deal with FOX Sports that lasted all of two months, I worked really hard on getting everything tweaked to a level that everyone was happy with. And that meant I took a lot less money as a result.

3. Because the ad network is having financial trouble they ended the ad deal last week. So I am working hard trying to find a new solution. Paying the $700 per month out of my pocket isn't really my first choice.

4. There is a thread in the feedback forum where it is clear that I am working on this and trying to get it right.

I thought this was taken care of. Believe me when I say I take the user experience very seriously. I turned down a 6-figure deal from Scout because they were going to ruin the user experience. 

My point is I don't treat people in a rude manner here, so I appreciate the same in return. I will take a look at this again tonight, like I said I thought this issue was taken care of already. But there is absolutely no reason to curse at me.

I will get this fixed.

Just a thought and maybe you might want to put a poll up or whatnot.  But you could always try doing a patreon.  I bet you a ton of subscribers would be willing to sub a few bucks a month, especially if there are some bonuses thrown in for higher tier subs.  I know a lot of people using this service now and are getting some good money out of it.  I've also subbed to a few patreons myself, especially in the development/programming community.  

www.patreon.com  

A MEANINGFUL REVENUE STREAM
Fans pay you a subscription amount of their choice in exchange for exclusive experiences & behind-the-scenes content.

REGAIN CREATIVE FREEDOM
Predictable income from your patrons means you can create on your terms. No strings attached.

OVER $150 MILLION SENT TO CREATORS
An average patron pays more on a monthly basis than consumers pay for Netflix, Spotify, or Amazon Prime.

 

Thanks for all your hard work Maxman!  I know its difficult and mostly a thankless thing you do for all of us Jets fans. 

Edited by JETSfaninNE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

That wonderful irony aside, I really don't care what the ads are for. Just want that they don't interfere with reading and responding to posts on my phone.

Say what you will about JI, the one thing they had right was an option to pay a small yearly fee so that your account was completely ad-free. That worked for me. I'd  gladly do so again here.

Yea, too bad you personal info wasn't reselling free.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0