Can Rex tame Plaxico? Do we take a flyer or pass?

SouthernJet

In the end, the Giants gave Plaxico Burress what he truly wanted: to be an ex-Giant. Convinced their talented and troubled receiver -- who ruined the 2008 season and is facing jail time on felony gun charges -- has not changed, is not contrite and doesn't want to be on the team any longer, the Giants yesterday released him, officially making him someone else's problem. "He didn't want to be here," said an insider familiar with the Giants thinking. It became evident Burress, rather than express gratitude, was angered that the team withheld money from him and reacted by giving all involved the cold shoulder. Team officials met this week for the first time to discuss the situation, and the decision to dump Burress turned into an obvious move.

New York Post

I don't understand why anyone thinks Rex would have to 'tame' Plaxico. He's not some crazy locker room cancer.

He has legal trouble, and as you read in enormous letters, he's gonna do time. Plus get suspended by Goddell.

There's no point in signing him until they find out what his situation is.

Do we take a chance on this Thug-turd?

You mean, is Rex going to visit Plax in jail because that's where Plax will be for the 2009 season unless he can somehow put off the trial for 18 months.

I don't think taming is the necessary regimen SJ - I think somebody needs to fu<k him in the ear to give him some semblance of a brain and then beat the crap out of him for a couple weeks till he gets humble and grateful. Then we might have something - he certainly has some physical attributes.

If he's not going to jail then I'll definitely sign him.

Besides this incident, I can't think of another thing Plax has done. Unless I'm out of it.

I can't think of anything else either BUT you're STILL out of it. :biggrin:

Would take Plaxico in a heartbeat. He is the reason that Elisha was able to take the Giants to the Super Bowl, along with their pass rushers, in 2007 and once he was out of the lineup last year, the Giants went nowhere. It shows you how much a true #1 WR with that kind of height can do as long as he is on the field.

Oh, and here he'd have Jerricho Cotchery and Dustin Keller to help him out. The Giants have neither.

I would take Plax TODAY if the Jets wanted to sign him, but until we find out how much jail time, if any, he does, no team is going to sign him. My prediction is he does 1 month in jail with another month of house arrest and he's signed in August by some team, suspended for the first four weeks of the season and Week 5 he'll be on the field for an NFL team as a #1 WR, making plays as always and helping QB's look better than they really are and unless you all have forgotten, our QB picture isn't exactly the greatest in the NFL.

I don't want a WR who has to breakout of jail to get open.

If he can break out of jail to get open then a CB certainly wont be able to hold him. Stop hating.

I'd say sign him. We're going into the season with inexperienced QB's we need to get them some experience on the WR side outside of Cotch.

If he can break out of jail to get open then a CB certainly wont be able to hold him. Stop hating.

I'd say sign him. We're going into the season with inexperienced QB's we need to get them some experience on the WR side outside of Cotch.

Assuming he won't be in jail, right?

What's the use of having an experienced WR that won't be playing?

Archived