Sheppard & Strickland OUT for Sunday

SMC

Injury Report Just Is In & Lito's Out...

21 m ago By Kimberley A. Martin

Just got handed the Jets' injury report for today and both Sheppard and Strickland are listed as "out" for Sunday's game....

That means -- as Rod's been mentioning all week -- that CB Dwight Lowery and CB Drew Coleman will be asked to fill the holes...Lowery will likely slide into Strickland's spot and Coleman will move to nickel.

In other injury-related news: OL Matt Slauson (ankle) is still listed as questionable...

QB Kellen Clemens (rt elbow), DL Kris Jenkins (back), S Jim Leonhard (knee), Lowery (ankle), C Nick Mangold (toes), DL Sione Piouha (ankle), QB Mark Sanchez (knee), LB Bryan Thomas (ankle), LB Jamaal Westerman (quad), T Damien Woody (shoulder), WR Wallace Wright (hamstring) remain probable...

Link

I was just about to post this as it just came across the wires.

Lowery and Coleman better be ready to man up.

Yep.

I also think this is strategic considering next week's game against the Saints. Strickland & Sheppard or more needed for that game than this game since the Titans are run-first team.

Okay, back to the drawing board. We can't commit to stopping the big play at the expense of letting Collins paper-cut us to death because with Lowery and Coleman out there that's exactly what's going to happen, so now we just press and crash.

Just got handed the Jets' injury report for today and both Sheppard and Strickland are listed as "out" for Sunday's game....

That means -- as Rod's been mentioning all week -- that CB Dwight Lowery and CB Drew Coleman will be asked to fill the holes...Lowery will likely slide into Strickland's spot and Coleman will move to nickel.

Link

Hey can someone please explain this to me? My sense of it is that Lowery would be CB#2 and Coleman would be the nickel. Why would Lowery be the nickel, that means that Coleman would be starting? :confused: WHY??

This is not good. The way those two tackle in the open field is invaluable. Especially if the Titans try to spread us out and us Chris Johnson in the flats and the slot.

Strickland has been excellent agains the run and Lito has played really well despite his horrible preseason performance.

I guess this is why we carry 11 Db's.

This is not good. The way those two tackle in the open field is invaluable. Especially if the Titans try to spread us out and us Chris Johnson in the flats and the slot.

Strickland has been excellent agains the run and Lito has played really well despite his horrible preseason performance.

I guess this is why we carry 11 Db's.

Im with you man, this isnt good at all. Sheppard really stepped his game up and Strickland was probably our Best hitting corner, maybe behind Revis. I just am not comfortable with Lowery lining up at #2. Even worse now drew coleman is gunna be in much more. I acutally like drew coleman but he is actually pretty bad... Hopefully these two step their **** up and help us get a W.

We just need to get consistent pressure on Kerry. If we make him look like Schaub week 1, then I don't think this will affect us that much. If we give him time, then we will be picked apart. Simple as that.

A little pressure will rattle Kerry, hes always been like that. Last year he was so successful because he was never touched. Now that hes older, he will get rattled a little more easily.:box:

Hey can someone please explain this to me? My sense of it is that Lowery would be CB#2 and Coleman would be the nickel. Why would Lowery be the nickel, that means that Coleman would be starting? :confused: WHY??

I think the guy mistakenly wrote Strickland instead of Sheppard. He specifically states that Coleman would be the nickel. There are other things that they can do, such as playing an extra safety with Leonhard, Rhodes and Smith. It will probably depend on the packages that the Titans use.

Im with you man, this isnt good at all. Sheppard really stepped his game up and Strickland was probably our Best hitting corner, maybe behind Revis. I just am not comfortable with Lowery lining up at #2. Even worse now drew coleman is gunna be in much more. I acutally like drew coleman but he is actually pretty bad... Hopefully these two step their **** up and help us get a W.

Who were the corners last year against Tenn? If we could win with them, we can win with this. Adding Leonhard for Elam and Scott for Barton helps.

In other injury-related news: OL Matt Slauson (ankle) is still listed as questionable...

QB Kellen Clemens (rt elbow), DL Kris Jenkins (back), S Jim Leonhard (knee), Lowery (ankle), C Nick Mangold (toes), DL Sione Piouha (ankle), QB Mark Sanchez (knee), LB Bryan Thomas (ankle), LB Jamaal Westerman (quad), T Damien Woody (shoulder), WR Wallace Wright (hamstring) remain probable...

Link

This isnt good. Two good Corner out. When yet Lowery showed in the preseason he cant do anything, im kind of worried here.

i guess it's a good thing the titans don't have any stud receivers. just put revis on the best receiver in the set....if that happens to be chris johnson sometimes then that's ok.

Shoot, we should have Revis cover Johnson regardless of whether he's lined up at reciever or not. Just blanket the guy. Let the rest of the DB's play against Tennesee's WRs.

I also think this is strategic considering next week's game against the Saints. Strickland & Sheppard or more needed for that game than this game since the Titans are run-first team.

This was my first thought, although there's no reason to list them as "out" if their injuries aren't serious. They could be listed as questionable or doubtful, and then not be dressed on Sunday in a "surprise" move. That would be the standard way to do things. Unless this is Ryan's attempt at gamesmanship - daring the Titans to pass against us this week, and lulling the Saints into thinking we won't be 100% in the secondary when we face them next week.

Seems that signing a guy like Corey Ivy would be a good one or two week move, too, given this info.

Seems that signing a guy like Corey Ivy would be a good one or two week move, too, given this info.

I think Ivy is toast. We passed on him for the exact role he'd played for Ryan in Baltimore and then he got cut by the Browns. Not hard to read between those lines. Smith played well last week and should probably get the most work inside.

Archived